• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALASKA Smash Thread

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Good luck in the money match, panda. I have no idea how good you are but it's not every day a person pops out of nowhere in alaska who is familiar with the meta game so I'm stoked for you

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Yeah sounds good. I just left Anchorage like an hour ago. Street Fighter x Tekken tournament. Hype.
awesome, hit me up whenever ur in town

I WILL MONEY MATCH ALL OF YOU IN BRAWL with my gannon :3
25 cents. my mk vs ur gannon. FD only.

Good luck in the money match, panda. I have no idea how good you are but it's not every day a person pops out of nowhere in alaska who is familiar with the meta game so I'm stoked for you
We has a money match still whenever you get hurr

man, i got like 4 money matches lined up. lolololol

Last edited:

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet
Huh. You went?

I was considering going since I thought it was a ranbat that was going on, not a tournament.

I guess since it was a tournament I'm glad I didn't get around to it.

I mean, come on.

I'm not entering a tournament for game that I've barely played.

Well, I would enter a release day tournament for Smash, but that's different.

Oh and I would be down for Melee or Brawl.

Do you go to Street Fighter Ranbats?

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
I've been to some ranbats.

Like, I went to the last round of ranbats for Marvel and Kof for a while.

Now I'm going to be going for Street Fighter X Tekken and Soul Calibur.............I guess.

Funny. The dudes have said they were thinking about smash being one of the games since Soul Calibur is getting like no entrants apparently.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1886...75787/353070381398427/?notif_t=group_activity

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet

Now I'm going to be going for Street Fighter X Tekken and Soul Calibur.............I guess.

Funny. The dudes have said they were thinking about smash being one of the games since Soul Calibur is getting like no entrants apparently.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1886...75787/353070381398427/?notif_t=group_activity
Holy **** that would be so cool. When can we meet and smash?

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet

That would be awesome as hell. Funny that Orry is promoting smash bros. I'd kick ***. xD.

So when are we gonna all meet up and play some smash brothers?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Xanskar, you can set the timezone that SWF uses under User CP -> Edit Options.

Xanskar

Smash Lord
@Gastric: Orry used to play smash with us a bit

@Krynxe: Yeah, I just haven't set it since I moved, too lazy I guess.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I sure hope there are more people to find. There's been a community on and off since about '03, so don't think we haven't tried, lol. Hopefully some more new people show up to tournaments and we can get them to join our group and learn how to play but it's becoming so unlikely with melee being old and all.

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd be down for consistent play.

As in every week or every other week or something like that.

I would think it would be cool to get ranbats or something started for Smash but I don't think there would be enough people. For either Melee or Brawl.

I can only think of like, 5 or something people right off that would enter a melee tournament, anyway.

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet
It'd be cool to have consistent tourneys and enough players for a competitive PR and stuff though
Yeah absolutely, what we need to do is to try to raise interest in the metagame of Melee in casual players and see what bites. So clearly the first step is to try to organize just casual gatherings of CASUAL players. Then show them new stuff.
we should pick a day and time that works for everyone and meet up at the apartment (where else?)

and meet every week
An apartment would be nice for sessions of practice, but reserving a place like friendly-fire or The Crave in Eagle River for tournaments. The Crave is nice.

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Hows about every Saturday at 2 at The Crave?

Also, the only people i know whod go to ranbats are me, ryan, and the 3ish people that are active on this thread right now. Also, is TCP volunteering to keep track of said ranbats records?

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet

Also, the only people i know whod go to ranbats are me, ryan, and the 3ish people that are active on this thread right now. Also, is TCP volunteering to keep track of said ranbats records?
Starting when?

I don't think we can afford a tournament every week. I'm completely fine with having sessions every week though.

Luigios

Smash Apprentice

Im down to go. LES DO DIS

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
How's about this saturday, 2 oclock at the crave, we all meet up and just play and get to know the owners and employees a bit, see wats up? We can also take care of money matches and ****.

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet
How's about this saturday, 2 oclock at the crave, we all meet up and just play and get to know the owners and employees a bit, see wats up? We can also take care of money matches and ****.
Yeah I guess that might work. I'm not sure if I'm going boarding this weekend. But if not, I'll be able to make it.

I do wanna inform you that they do not have any GameCube games for use. Therefore we will have to provide the games, controllers, and memory cards. (Although this probably goes without saying I had to mention it.)

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Naw dog I think if I'm going to get into any other competitive games it'll be Starcraft 2 or some FPS like Unreal Tournament or Quake or something yo

Also if stuff is to go down at the Crave I most likely wouldn't go dude the Crave is like..........where?

Somewhere in Eagle River wow no thanks

Come on Anchorage has like, uh, Friendly Fire and Bosco's and Wayne's World I'm sure there would be some place down for cool stuff yo

GastricPanda

Smash Cadet
So I'd like to tally how many people are actually going to be able to make it to the Crave on Saturday at 2 pm. So please either send me a PM or comment here.

Top Bottom