• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlAxe's videos

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
It seems like ur getting the basics of diddy down but u still have a lot to work on,also your opponent either wasn't good or didn't know the mu because he would either throw it off stage or throw it straight @ u and never glide tossed with marth.
Umm you need to work on understanding shield pressure and using bananas to force a shield to get grabs/combos.
You also don't use bananas as a punishing tool and not enough peanuts.
Try getting some vids against reputable players/players that don't recover into an fsmash onstage.
Also glide tossing down can also be used to punish low shields/rollers/side dodge spammers.
Keep playing good people and practicing I'm sure you'll get better.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Yea. My friend picked up Marth pretty recently and hadn't really practiced glide tossing too much. When I go back up to school in about a month I'm going to try to get some matches recorded of me vs. t0mmy and t1mmy (arguably the best Rob and Kirby on the West Coast).

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I only watched match one, but you have a solid Diddy.

The only noticeable problem in my opinion is how awful your edge guarding is. Like, from 1:38'ish for the following 10 seconds or so Link is offstage but he always gets back to the ledge. Link shouldn't recover. The only thing keeping this match-up so far in our favor is our ability to gimp the guy.

I'll watch the others when I can.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I've realized I don't take enough risks with my edge guarding. I've been playing too much vs. ROB and Kirby mains who punish me whenever I try to fight them off the stage. thanks for the input.

white peachy

Smash Ace
All you have to do to edgeguard or gimp Link once hes offstage is z-drop a nanner and ledgehog lol. Also no Tripping you cheater! :laugh:

I also noticed the marth liked to spot dodge your GT'd bananas a lot... pivot grab that a-hole. Instant toss those bananas too. (Airdodge and c-stick/throw in any direction). You can also grab bananas instantly off the ground by air dodging as you land on them. In most cases a grab is a better followup to landing a successful banana than a dash attack too, but either way good ****. Camp marth more :p.
Nice diddy. :)

Top Bottom