• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Albert Wesker... ensuring complete global saturation...

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
There's a slight issue regarding size, so I haven't made any extra animations, yet. But here's what I got so far.

Wait1

Wait2. Wesker checks his surroundings.

Wait3. Wesker looks the time on his watch. Originally I was gonna have him crack his knuckles, but I might save that for a taunt.

WalkSlow. Just a relaxed, slow, walk.

He replaces Snake and will make use of a lot of his enhanced abilities. Moves will be based on many seen in RE4 and RE5. Aside from use of his Samurai Edge pistol, he's a strong melee combatant.

To-Do List:
-Animations
-PSA stuffs
-Alternate outfits (damaged STARS uniform, black suit, etc.)
-Create portraits
-Create stage

Done:
-Swapped Snake's model with Wesker's
-Get background music for him
-Get rid of the open left hand polygon

Music:
Wind of Madness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2DIIvgWzas
Wesker's RE4 theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqGevxuju4w
One of Wesker's UC Themes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTE9Dr2-RF8

Stage:
Undecided. Might make one based on a place in RE5, the mansion from the original RE or Raccoon City (especially since the MDL0 from UC is available).

Animations completed:
70 out of 349

[Moveset will increase as they're completed]

A: Right punch.
A simple attack. Very small knockback and very small damage.

AA: Left Straight Punch
Another simple punch. This attack stuns the enemy, setting them up for his combo ender.

AAA: Batter Ram
An attack based on one of the same name, from Resident Evil 5. Wesker uses this to break out his partners from enemy grabs in RE5. But in Brawl, it's used as a combo ender.

F A: Jaguar Kick
He raises his leg and lashes it forward in a quick kick. Barely deals damage and is used to set up the enemy for his follow up attack, the Panther Fang.

F AA: Panther Fang
Wesker hops forward and deals a hook punch. Sacrifices damage for knockback.

D A: Leg Sweep
Wesker simply trips up the enemy with his leg.

F Smash: Thrust Punch
Wesker's infamous Thrust Punch from Resident Evil 4. Animation was modified from UC. Provides great knockback power.

U Smash: Tiger Uppercut
He steps forward and uppercuts with a 'clawed' hand. It launches enemies upwards. Though, in this case, it's more like a gun uppercut.

Dashing attack: Foot Cannon
Wesker leaps at the enemy and kicks hard into them. Deals more damage than it does knockback.

janfeae

Smash Apprentice
Not bad man, pretty good actually. Even though I have no idea who this is lol. Heard about him though.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Considering that I can't use Snake's animations (or even hold Snake's weapons properly), I'm afraid not. He has to use his own animations and moveset.

HAH! Wow, this is awesome. I love the fact that you are using the S.T.A.R.S. uniform
The black suit he wears in RE4 and the last part of UC will be available, too, as an alternate.

Revven

FrankerZ
This is just too awesome! After Wesker (once he is 100% completed meaning moves and animations), you HAVE to do Leon. :D

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
The only reason he's huge is because I zoomed in on him. Heh. Believe it or not, in those pics, he's shorter than Snake.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Gonna need some help with this, I'm afraid. Since I'm not going to get as much free time as I did, I'll need help with the animating and PSA (Since I can't code to save my life).

Make Chris after, Chris is the main protagonist of the whole Resident Evil anyway and I'm sure Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles have models of him :D. I do not believe Wesker died in RE5 >.<.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
How about we talk about Wesker instead of any of the number of RE characters he can do. We'd all love Leon, Chris, Sheva, Jill, etc but he is doing Wesker.

This looks really cool. What kind of moveset ideas do you have planned? Are you gonna give him the crazy dash **** he has in RE5? If nothing else you need to have his forward smash be that palm punch he had in RE4 mercs that blasts Ganados clear across the stage. :)

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Can you do ada wong :D I will love you forever
Btw I can help animate
Afraid there's no plans for any additional character, yet. Heh. If Wesker gets a little more popular, I may port another one.

Make Chris after, Chris is the main protagonist of the whole Resident Evil anyway and I'm sure Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles have models of him :D. I do not believe Wesker died in RE5 >.<.
I'm not sure if I will have Chris as a character at some point. Like I said to Yugi, there's no plans for more characters, yet.

This looks really cool. What kind of moveset ideas do you have planned? Are you gonna give him the crazy dash **** he has in RE5? If nothing else you need to have his forward smash be that palm punch he had in RE4 mercs that blasts Ganados clear across the stage.
Oh, the Thrust Punch is definitely planned.
His run will be the dash, so he's going to have a pretty fast run, probably either Captain Falcon speed or just slightly slower.

This is the current moveset plan.

AAA: Batter Ram
Wesker drives his elbow forward, knocking back the enemy, dealing pleasant damage for a combo ender.

F A: Jaguar Kick
He raises his leg and lashes it forward in a quick kick. Barely deals damage and is used to set up the enemy for a combo.

F AA: Panther Fang
Wesker hops forward and hook punches. Sacrifices damage for knockback.

D A: Leg Sweep

F Smash: Mustang Kick
Wesker hops forward and deals a powerful side kick. This attack deals more damage than knockback power.

D Smash: Ghost Butterfly
He starts with a series of movements with his hands, then ends it with thrusting both palms forward. While this attack is slow, the damage and knockback it deals are greater than that of the Mustang Kick.

U Smash: Tiger Uppercut
He steps forward and uppercuts with a 'clawed' hand. It launches enemies upwards. Though, the recovery from it, is not enough to make it worth using for air comboes.

Dashing attack: Knee Cannon
Wesker leaps upward bringing his knee up to catch his enemy's chin. Knocks them upward at an angle rather than straight backward.

Special: Samurai Edge
Wesker holds out the gun in his hand and fires a single round. You can keep pressing it to fire multiple rounds. Statistically similar to Falco's blaster.

F Special: Thrust Punch
Well, here it is. The Thrust Punch. Wesker's most powerful attack aside from his final smash... which is yet to be decided. He drives his palm into the enemy sending them flying and dealing good damage. However, his recovery time from this is extremely slow. So if he misses, he's vulnerable.

D Special: Chikyo Chagi
Wesker raises his leg up to his head and brings it down like a hammer, driving the enemy into the ground.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Called U8extractor or U8 tools. Can extract UC and DC arcs.
It's how I got the Wesker model. I got access to some of the animations, too, so I guess I could use some of them to cut down development time on the Brawl version of Wesker.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
Well, Wesker's not a retexture of Snake, rather a full model swap. So, unless all of Snake's animations and properties could go to Wesker without the model screw-ups, then I'm afraid this is what you get.

I know there are a lot of people who'd rather use Snake's moveset, but I'm afraid, if you want to use Wesker with Snake's moves, then all of Snake's animations will need to be recreated for Wesker and all the hitboxes will need to be tweaked.

I, personally, would rather make a new character entirely than just give Wesker Snake's moves. But I'll only make two versions of Wesker (one with Snake's moveset and one with his own) if I get help. It's too much for just one person.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
New screen shots.

AA attack. A simple left punch. Stuns them, setting them up for his 3rd attack.

AAA. Batter Ram
An attack based on one of the same name, from Resident Evil 5. Wesker uses this to break out his partners from enemy grabs in RE5. But in Brawl, it's used as a combo ender.

F Smash. (NOT FINAL SMASH)
Wesker's infamous Thrust Punch from Resident Evil 4. Animation was modified from UC. Provides great knockback power.

When I first tested the new settings for the thrust punch, I accidently overdid the knockback power. Instantly KOed any character regardless of their damage. XD
Fixed that, now, though.

U Smash. The Tiger Uppercut
Based on an attack from Resident Evil 5. Wesker uppercuts the enemy with an open hand. Though, in this case, it's more like a gun uppercut.

Dash Attack. Foot Cannon
Wesker leaps at the enemy and kicks hard into them. Deals more damage than it does knockback.

Just getting up after landing a double jump. Heh.

Is it a store bought product I tried googling it but no luck.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3PTETNO

There's the tools. You use u8extr.exe to unpack the UC/DC arc files.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
This looks awesome so far. I'm impressed on your progress, can't wait to see more!

hypeman

Smash Apprentice
I'm a snake, marth, and zelda in training.
New screen shots.

AA attack. A simple left punch. Stuns them, setting them up for his 3rd attack.

AAA. Batter Ram

F Smash. (NOT FINAL SMASH)

When I first tested the new settings for the thrust punch, I accidently overdid the knockback power. Instantly KOed any character regardless of their damage. XD
Fixed that, now, though.

U Smash. The Tiger Uppercut
Based on an attack from Resident Evil 5. Wesker uppercuts the enemy with an open hand. Though, in this case, it's more like a gun uppercut.

Dash Attack. Foot Cannon

Just getting up after landing a double jump. Heh.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3PTETNO

There's the tools. You use u8extr.exe to unpack the UC/DC arc files.
Thanks a bunch, and this wesker looks amazing cant wait to try him out.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Well, it's looking good so far, but the obvious stuff needs to be changed...like him uppercutting them with his gun in hand. It looks kind of...blocky or stiff, I guess. But still, I know it isn't done or anything close, so no real problem there. I'll keep checking up on this to see what you do with this.

Oh, hey, look at that, it's a newbie post that's not obviously post-whoring.

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
I haven't managed to do much work on Wesker lately due to my sister getting me to do a bunch of house work.

But here's a video showing Resident Evil 5 Wesker's moveset, which will be used in the Brawl version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4qYH4wuYrc

Well, it's looking good so far, but the obvious stuff needs to be changed...like him uppercutting them with his gun in hand. It looks kind of...blocky or stiff, I guess. But still, I know it isn't done or anything close, so no real problem there. I'll keep checking up on this to see what you do with this.
In the video I just shown, at 00:35, you'll see that same uppercut, the Tiger Uppercut. So it's kinda supposed to look that way, save for the gun, of course, but there's limited articles I can use to hide or show the gun.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
In the video I just shown, at 00:35, you'll see that same uppercut, the Tiger Uppercut. So it's kinda supposed to look that way, save for the gun, of course, but there's limited articles I can use to hide or show the gun.
Can't you just scale the gun's bones to zero?

JackThorn

Smash Cadet
I could if the gun had a bone of its own.
The gun and the hand are connected to the same bone.

Top Bottom