• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown: March 6th - 7th

T-block

B2B TST
PS1 and PS2 are very different stages, and should be considered separately =\ The people who use PS2 as a smart CP don't do it for just the wind transformation - it's possible that it doesn't even show up, and even when it does, it rarely offers a huge advantage in any matchup. Actually, the Ice and Electric transformations are more easily used by most of the cast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAGTND59Dr4#t=0m50s shows Lucas using the Ice transformation really well. Characters with a high cooldown high power move like the conveyer belts (Lucas u-smash). There are a bunch of tricks with each transformation that really reward the player who knows them, while at the same time, none of the transformations actually break the game, making it a good CP in my eyes =\

As for DP, I think the items that spawn on the stage really help against camping, as can the rain sometimes. All in all, I'd much rather fight MK here than on Rainbow Cruise. But whatever...I'm not gonna argue too much about DP if everyone wants it off... I didn't even know Luke left it on actually.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Items helping are incredibly doubtful, as there are like only 2 angles you can hit that spot with anyway, and both of them are almost too far away to even follow up with. Also you have to consider how much of the stage MK actually controls when he is down there. The entire area above him (which you need to cross by to even think of approaching) is an incredibly high risk area because of SL uair, and to a lesser extent tornado. Which means even getting those items may not be an option. Also an item throw from long distance is incredibly avoidable by the entire cast...

As for the rain, that actually removes even more of any kind of approach as you now are forced to go air to air vs MK in that area (which is not something anyone wants to do really...), or he can just fly away to the upper right platform and infinite loop back to the bottom of the hill.

As for the reasoning you gave behind ps2, besides the air transformation being completely broken, I view the rest of the transformations mostly as an obstruction of play, if everyone else doesn't well then, its really not my say. But you know, its no coincidence almost every standard ruleset has the stage on ban...

T-block

B2B TST
The items are surprisingly good... they retain their hitbox even after bouncing, which lets you z-drop to let it bounce down the slope and then follow it to approach. I hear what you're saying though... I just can't judge how effective it is since I've never played a good MK on that stage. Yoshi camping wasn't much of a problem though, for what that's worth.

Limeee

Smash Champion
rps stagelist is ******** and makes people not want to come

i remember jack or brandon saying something about how allan would come if it wasn't for the stupid stages.

T-block

B2B TST
lol allan said he would come to 3 separate events before the new stagelist and he didn't

nothing stupid has even happened with the new stages yet... maybe they're not so bad? -_-

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol allan said he would come to 3 separate events before the new stagelist and he didn't

nothing stupid has even happened with the new stages yet... maybe they're not so bad? -_-
Ahem. Yoshi's Pipes. Green Greens.

Arsenal tried to DThrow my D3 and ended up killing himself.

T-block

B2B TST
Green Greens possibly

Yoshi's Pipes? I haven't seen/heard anything wrong with that stage at all. So far I think it's the least controversial out of all of them... what happened? o.o

Limeee

Smash Champion
i actually think yoshi's pipes is legit, even though its very, very gay.

green greens is way too random. i was playing friendlies with kyle and the blocks stopped my uptilt from killing 3 times >.<, and D3's **** too much there

Port town aero drive has safe zones, but the cars are just way too strong and characters can easily set up kills using them

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Green Greens possibly

Yoshi's Pipes? I haven't seen/heard anything wrong with that stage at all. So far I think it's the least controversial out of all of them... what happened? o.o
Ridiculously small side blast zones.

On top of that, until I got cocky and taunted once, I would have timed Mark out. Less controversial, but a ridiculous stage nonetheless in my eyes.

It benefits nobody better then Olimar. The stage was deliberately created solely for him (not literally, but you understand what I'm saying)

My gripes with Pipes aren't as bad as Green Greens or the Mansion.

In the end though? There's not much that people can complain about regarding your stages. What you pick is within the regulations and all. So, for all the disagreeing that can go on, good on you for sticking to your guns.

[EDIT]

Also. 75M needs to be a CP stage.

[EDIT #2]

Also, agreed about Port Town Aero. If I recall, the stage was just recently banned in Melee (Mute City), despite the cars being much slower and far weaker. I think the issue is a lack of locations to ledge grab, except for one spot on Port Town Aero. If the cars weren't so superpowered, I'd consider it an extreme CP, but a legit one nonetheless.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I should not have won that 75m match. LOL

It was so funny watching Ivysaur jump on the road on Big Blue though. Hardest I had laughed all day asides yanking the controller out of the Wii and hitting myself in the face.

"I CAN MAKE IT! GAAAAH JUMP JUMP! OoOOooOOooOOoo--/dead"

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol Greens Greens

I got *** ***** there :(
I forgot it was a cp and forgot to ban it haha
My bad.

I was planning on coming to this, but as of now I work that day. I'll try and switch it with someone, which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Unless Adam confirms us as a team (I never know who I'm teaming with) then I'm up for teaming with anyone (that's decent).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
me, luke, and mark played shenanigan bs on banned stages today

and also I've decided that I will enter a mutual agreement with anybody in any brawl set in the future in which we can both cp any stage in da game :)
I'll take you up on that offer. But I'm warning you, if you take me to Wario Ware, I'm CP'ing Ike on you.

Top Bottom