• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown: March 6th - 7th

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Why are all you ******s ditching sunday. Thats freakin lame.

Also, jamie who do you play, I might prefer your character over KIRBY
You can team with him if you want lol
I actually might ditch doubles.

He uses Snake and he's gotten pretty good from what I've heard.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I don't know, we'll see.

I'm seriously considering picking up Lucario atm and I may end up using him instead for practice.

EDIT: Brad I'm ditching you lol

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lolk

I dunno if I'm even coming to brawl, I just want some options for teams if I do, the worst thing ever if not having a teammate when you're actually good at a game.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
It's worse having a partner that lets you down imo lol
I don't wanna be that partner xD

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
lol DTP I'm sure you're better than me, I probably might not go, I dunno whats happening.

lolevi, quit being upset

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You won't let anyone down, Darren. It's just having an on or off day. Like Jake had.

If he was on at the last monthly we woulda taken something like 3rd at least or something.

[EDIT]

LOL wow that was an ******* of a john. I should be ashamed. No offense to you at all, Jake. And you kick ***.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Due to whatever circumstances, the starter pot for brawl will now be $200 not $300. Still a legit amount, so no big deal I guess. Also Shiro told me that there will be a fair amount of brawlers, I am assuming people from other games entering, but yeah this will have a fairly large bracket I think.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Everyone who can bring a tv really should bring one. Shiro is not giving us many set-ups like 1-2, so we really need them.

Pyre... Honestly I don't know. If we have over 48 entrants then I might do pool cut offs just to make the bracket easier.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
I am officially taking a break before the tournament and after the tournament.
that's just how dedicated I am :)

EDIT: i should be able to bring a tv/wii for brawl. For melee I will be looking for a bus to there from St. Albert so no TV :(

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I just noticed that I am somehow entered into Brawl twice.

Also I am no longer gonna be entering Blazblue due to lack of money.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Luke, that statement although very very late to be made (the TV part) is rather agreeable.

The part about pool elim, although dissapointing is probably a good idea, depends on how many people you get, but remember that you can't do a 48 bracket, has to be 64.

edit: For it to work.

T-block

B2B TST
48 works if you want to give the top third byes. But if you're gonna do that you might as well give the top x byes and not eliminate anyone.

Or cut it off at 32 =P

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
if it's like 3 people over 32, might not be a bad idea to cut. same ggoes for 64, however many over cut them.

But remember, There has to be a power of 2 number of pools (2,4,8,16) in order to seed accordingly, and to make fair cuts you'd have to have a way to cut those players fairly assuming it won't be even so that every pool gets one cut.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hey! In an awesome turn of events Minty and Rob will be coming too!

As I've already commited to teaming with Alphicans, Minty will need a team mate. Who's in?
He's my personally trained brawl teamate, who got 3rd with me when we came down last time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd team with Minty, but.

DTP and I are going to team now.

IMPORTANT NOTE GUYS

Adam (Zero); one of the $100 contributors to the starter pot, is unable to make it. Unexpectedly, he's out of town and feels absolutely terrible about doing this.

As it stands, the starter pot will have an extra $100 contributed to it on my end. We'll figure out something though, who knows. I'm sorry for any inconveniences.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad and Minty should team. Thanks Minus for sticking with me lol. I don't think Mark would've accepted me as a partner :p.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'd team with Minty, but.

DTP and I are going to team now.

IMPORTANT NOTE GUYS

Adam (Zero); one of the $100 contributors to the starter pot, is unable to make it. Unexpectedly, he's out of town and feels absolutely terrible about doing this.

As it stands, the starter pot will have an extra $100 contributed to it on my end. We'll figure out something though, who knows. I'm sorry for any inconveniences.
You can team with him if you want to lol

I need your Wii # still D:<

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
What? NO WAY! I'm teaming with you, dude.

Okay, turning on my Wii now and I'll give you the code. XD
lol

Also, do you know how to get to the venue? If you do then I might need to follow you otherwise I'll probably get lost or some ****

KarlR

Smash Cadet
so james(red comet) isnt coming to this anymore, so looks like ill need a partner for doubles.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Actually, Darren. I was wondering if you'd want to come to Fort Sask on Friday for practice? I'm going in to play with Jack and Dan and Allan. We could use some Doubles practice, and I'd be more than willing to take you home on Saturday afterwards.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
That'd be fun, but I'm busy Friday D:

I'll just find my way there lol

And maybe I'll just bring my SD card to your place so I can just put then directly onto there lol
I want to get them recorded asap

Top Bottom