• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Brawl PR[{(()[{}{}}}{December 13th, 2011]BETTER THAN BC{}{})){))))((8======3

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
why thank you sir. WHERE YOU AT CALGARY PRIBZ GOIN TO EDMONTON FO BEEBOSHI

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My vote goes to an update after every tournament/month.

I'd give my reasonings why, but I'd rather everyone vote first before attempts at reasoning/persuasion happen.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why I'm subscribed to this thread, lol. Most brawl players are on ignore so I can filter them out if they're talking about brawl
probs cause you posted in it

Whoever this may concern; who would like PR updates every tournament instead of the 2 tournament deal we currently have going on?
You know what I don't get? Why can't you just change it when it needs changing?

If something needs changing, change it. If it doesn't, leave it alone.

Why can't brawl players figure this out?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad, don't be so smug. It needs changing constantly, we all understand this, the problem is which way is the best way.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
It should definetly be one month, for one, drastic changes can happen as this current update would prove, not to mention how hard is it to take 30 minutes tops and discuss it. Most of the time however, it will remain static, but small tweaks wouldnt hurt. As Brad said, it should happen when it needs to, a 1 month best reflects that. It also is best from the outside looking in, just so anyone unfamiliar with our scene sees up to date player placings, instead of if they looked at it right now for example.

Plus you all know you want Ike on that list, hes to smexy not to be

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
LOL this thread is hilarious

who is zero edge and why does he have 40048i3 posts i mean is from 08 and i mean how have I not heard of him

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Brad, don't be so smug. It needs changing constantly, we all understand this, the problem is which way is the best way.
Thats the point of a discussion, not a discussion that leads to "well, we'll think about it in january"

LOL this thread is hilarious

who is zero edge and why does he have 40048i3 posts i mean is from 08 and i mean how have I not heard of him
Bet you never heard of DevilWillCry either (P.S: they're the same person)

Chronic name changing seems to be what people think is cool nowadays, because they're afraid of getting banned for multiple accounts, and they wanna look cool because they've posted a lot.

I dunno, He's some brawl player who alex beat at Blazblue I think.

well brad we would update but this luke fellow doesn't want to
Ah, Luke of course, the root of all problems. Well thats the point of a panel, just make victor edit it.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I dont think a routine for updating is really needed, because people aren't routinely consistent. Just use common sense. If you decide to do it twice a month, then count both zero's in the 0 + 0 = 1 equation. If not, then just make the safe, obvious tweakings that no one would argue with every month, while the sketchy results could be waited off to solidify with a more monthlies just to be sure.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
*Sigh* Brad, must you piss me off so much.

How is changing my name once chronic name changing, I swear, your by far the most annoying poster Ive ever seen, if you wanna troll atleast do it right

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ah, Luke of course, the root of all problems. Well thats the point of a panel, just make victor edit it.
yayaya

How is changing my name once chronic name changing, I swear, your by far the most annoying poster Ive ever seen, if you wanna troll atleast do it right
heh yeah.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well if he's pissing you off, he's doing a good job. But he's not a good troll, cause he got banned, and good trolls don't get banned. Mark is an example of a good troll.

EDIT: Victor is a good troll as well, because he pisses me off on a daily basis, and I don't think he even tries to. Seriously, stop agreeing with Brad just for the sake of keeping a "trend" going.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok, I haven't let the idea of updates every month die, I was just thinking about different solutions. I think I came up with a very good system. Originally I was going to give into you guys with your complaints, but then I was taking a massive ****, and realized I could make a 2 list system. One list will be the PR itself, and one will be like a monthly list of who's doing well. I was thinking the big list, or the real PR to be updated like every 3-4 months, while the other list changes every tournament. It wouldn't be much more work really, and it'd be pretty cool I think. I am thinking of starting this system up this month, and I was wondering what you all thought.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, lets make 2 PR's. Cause that'll solve the fact that we can't settle over one PR.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
From what it sounds like, the second one is just there to kinda show how much fluctuates in the top ten of each month, allowing it to help with the first PR in placings, by showing if the player is consistant or not.

P.S. It also helps give recognition to the up and coming players who may not be consistant enough to place in the PR but are generally good.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we just realize inconsistant players should be ranked lower in accordance to their inconsistancy.

Aswell as realize that the up and coming players arn't good yet.

Seriously, why the hell would we rank a bad player just because he might be good soon.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
brad has a point.

look at matt on the melee PR. he's only like 9th mostly because he's inconsistent like a mother****er. and if a player is up and rising, then let them prove it on the next pr. a current pr is one that shows how people are doing at the current time frame according to tourney placings, it's not meant to say "player x has potential, he could be doing really well at next tourney"

Bread~

Smash Journeyman

Whoops you changed your name again

brad has a point.
If someone's good, we'll know.

If we don't know they're good. Why are we putting them above good people?

Limeee

Smash Champion
IMO thats a dumb idea. I'd say we have a PR updated monthly with and up and coming list.

EDIT: fix the the startegic typo in the OP (tournament placing)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Be prepared for a serious change. I don't know how drastically this will change, but it's definitely gonna look a little weird.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
i should be 10th. thats a serious change!

but on a serious note Jamie should be like 10 or 9 on the PR.
he beasted pretty hard and did good at the early tournaments as well.

Top Bottom