• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Which new players think you're a bad guy? Cause honestly there has been zero talk about you to new players. So the worst thing they know about you is you never showed up and met them.

Keep calling me a jerk, you sound like a 8 year old girl. Jerk.

:phone:

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Should we make a calgary power rankings? Would this give incentive for people to get better or zone people out for being at the bottoms ?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Jack says he wants to go.

I want to go.

Victor wants to go lol.

5 people :V. What about jamie?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
He didn't say he wants to go, lol. Well, maybe we need two cars if it filled up like that? I remember Seb, Stevo, and Sid all expressed interest. And Cam, too, though he's not confirmed. And I guess Brandon is interested, though I doubt he can get the time off work.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Should we make a calgary power rankings? Would this give incentive for people to get better or zone people out for being at the bottoms ?

Yo I've been wanting to hit this up for a while. I'd be happy to put it together, I got mega graphical skills. We'd just need a method for determining rank and a theme for melee and brawl, like macdonalds or dbz or whatever could be funny. Memes maybe?

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
@ben : you can base it off tournament placings? And then start it off at dbz lol and then change it with every tournament for lolz

@ron damnnn ron, well see whether edmonton was carried by carl and dan or if they can stand there own ground

Taste

Smash Apprentice
@ Arthur: I feel that may be more accurate than Brad's take, haha. Guess we'll see

@Paul/Calgary: How many slots should our PR go to? How many tournaments back should we take into account for them? I feel usually PR lists account for more than one tourney back...

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Replace victa with arthur. Its fair to say victa is retired unfortunatly T.T

Ben try 3 -4 tounreys back if we have record lol? I mean it ll change by next week probably anyways no biggie

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Hey Keith, if you happen to have a spot open. I would like to go! If not take the better Edmontonians

Stevo

Smash Champion
Hey Keith, if you happen to have a spot open. I would like to go! If not take the better Edmontonians
if you want to go, then come with us! If Luke goes he will be driving himself and I already am driving myself (I am staying in Calgary for the long weekend, though, so I probably can't take anyone)

I'm sure we can get a second car going too if needed.

and Paul, I think you vs. Ron would be an interesting battle. I haven't played Arthur recently, but I'm sure Ron vs. Arthur would be good as well.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
if you want to go, then come with us! If Luke goes he will be driving himself and I already am driving myself (I am staying in Calgary for the long weekend, though, so I probably can't take anyone)

I'm sure we can get a second car going too if needed.

and Paul, I think you vs. Ron would be an interesting battle. I haven't played Arthur recently, but I'm sure Ron vs. Arthur would be good as well.
I really want to play you too Steve, I think Sheik is one of my not as bad matchups

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
what I like about calgary, is that we are all pretty equal, meaning any of us could probably win a tournament on a given day

so ron lets face it i dont think weve ever played each other in a serious tournament match, you wanna MM? :042:

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
Edmonton is pretty equal too now these days. Just about anyone could win on a good day. Although, Jack has the most fans by far.
Thats good to hear, i think this tournament will be a good portrayal of where alberta players stand

dosent Edmonton play alot of PM nowadays tho?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
But on a serious note, A PR would be cool, I'll let in on the fact that I have plans for a bit of a league system on SmashLogic, which will act like a PR but more numbers based so it can also act as a reward system.

I don't care about rankings and PR personally, but can I ask why everyone consistantly puts allan above me and doesn't even consider me as a for sure top player in calgary?

I've beaten Allan every time this dispute comes up, I have video evidence of him losing. I play more often than he does so it makes sense. I place top 3 at every calgary tournament only losing to simon and paul. Like, I don't even think I'm that good, but why is allan autolocked when he's like... consistantly worse off than me

Stevo

Smash Champion
That's true.

Besides, we actually came to the conclusion for the new PR, but Victor never updated it.

1. Double Zelda
2. Dan grabbing
3. Stevo's DK
4. Carl when hungover
5. Levi
6. Victra's Peach on brinstar vs Carl's Fox
7. Solaris vs. Marth on Yoshi's
8. Sid's Pikachu vs Victor
9. Dragonz Combo
10.Warlock Punch Spike
11. carl falcon punching victor's peach & falco
12. brad combo
13. randall's controller
14. sugar vs dan
15. donuts vs luke
16. ritherz

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Oh ye of little faith. Don't worry about it brad, if we're making it I'll make sure it's fair. Tourney results speak for themselves. I guess I meant that I like arthurs list in terms of like, skill maybe? I mean I only ever remember you playing Allan who you have beat for sure, I don't ever remember you playing like paul or arthur or david

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That's true.

Besides, we actually came to the conclusion for the new PR, but Victor never updated it.

1. Double Zelda
2. Dan grabbing
3. Stevo's DK
4. Carl when hungover
5. Levi
6. Victra's Peach on brinstar vs Carl's Fox
7. Solaris vs. Marth on Yoshi's
8. Sid's Pikachu vs Victor
9. Dragonz Combo
10.Warlock Punch Spike
11. carl falcon punching victor's peach & falco
12. brad combo
13. randall's controller
14. sugar vs dan
15. donuts vs luke
16. ritherz
LMFAO where was this from? HAHAHA the whole list is amazing

rip solaris no one else can beat carl's marth in his home turf, especially with fuqing samus.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
brad is better than allen.
Arthur is better than daniel.
a calgary PR might motivate me more, because i would be near the bottom
i think the PR should just be everyones opinionated lists compliled

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
But on a serious note, A PR would be cool, I'll let in on the fact that I have plans for a bit of a league system on SmashLogic, which will act like a PR but more numbers based so it can also act as a reward system.

I don't care about rankings and PR personally, but can I ask why everyone consistantly puts allan above me and doesn't even consider me as a for sure top player in calgary?

I've beaten Allan every time this dispute comes up, I have video evidence of him losing. I play more often than he does so it makes sense. I place top 3 at every calgary tournament only losing to simon and paul. Like, I don't even think I'm that good, but why is allan autolocked when he's like... consistantly worse off than me
Yeah you place well that's true, your results show, but it's cause Allan wins against Falcos (which might make me bias)

Can we have pools this time though? I think that's a much better representation, because for the past 3 tournaments or so, it's been all the Calgary Asians on one side of bracket and then the rest of the people on the other side

Brad,
Victor, David and I would like to face you in tournament for the first time ever :-D

Rush

Smash Apprentice
I would probably say Daniel's better than me

he's much more consistent
and doesn't choke nearly as hard as I do
LMAO I'm not better than you...(at least not yet, working on it). Even though I might choke less and have better chances vs certain people you still have a better overall play vs the whole spectrum of people.

As for PR, I think it's kind of hard to do currently, just because the middle area of players are really blurry because of how we have like random brackets without pools. I mean Arthur had to play Paul first round for like tons for tournaments lol.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Eh it should be easy to make sure brax are done fair we can just all be there until they are made to a certain level of satisfaction. No biggie.

And shut ur pie hole dan pr is happening. tho obv because of our tourney system some people might be higher or lower than they deserve (not talking about brad) rest assured it will be as fair as possible based on the past couple of tourneys.

Top Bottom