• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
sorry calgary bros, i dont think i can make that sunday smashfest T.T, however spring break does start in a week, so we can smash alot then ;D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Greetings Alberta,

I come before you today on this beautiful day (in Vancouver anyways) to make an important announcement....

As some of you may or may not know. There is a MELEE ONLY tournament happening in Vancouver BC in the month of May of this year. It is a 2 day event on the 15th and 16th and is expected to be THE biggest melee tournament Canada has EVER seen (about 100 or more people). Now I've travelled to Alberta for smash tournaments in the past, and I know that there is a decent number of semi-dedicated melee players amongst you. I cannot assume that things haven't changed over there because I haven't been to Alberta for a few years now (2007).

ANYWAYS, I'm looking at the current attendance list for smashers from Alberta, and TBH, I'm very dissapointed. I see Carl as the ONLY confirmed one (not sure about victra, dan, or spin dash) and I'm thinking to myself "what the ****?". Let me put it this way....

If Alberta were somehow going to host and put together a tournament of the same magnitude for a 2 day event in melee. I have not an OUNCE of doubt that you would DEFINETLY be able to expect 15-20 smashers in attendance from BC at the VERY least. This is not only because we would want to attend the biggest tournament our country has ever seen, but we would want to support our neighboring province in hosting a successful tournament by bringing over as many people as we could.

I mean, let's be honest here... this isn't a $700+ roundtrip flight to NY or Cali to pay $60+ to cover a rediculous venue fee + entrance for melee singles and doubles. This is a 12 hour drive or $100-$200 round trip flight to Vancouver from Edmonton/Calgary to enter a tournament of considerable size for two days for less than half the price. (There is NO venue fee). Jack aka Unityole is ALSO willing to compensate players driving from alberta by paying for a large amount of their fuel costs for driving over here. What "expenses" (if any) does that leave YOU with?

HOUSING, is going to be provided to all OOS/OOP players. Gas money, PAID for. LOW tournament entry and NO venue fee. If you ask me, this is a ****ing GIFT, and to not take it would be a tragedy to say the very least.

I understand we all have lives to live, projects to complete, work to go to, important events to attend, etc, etc, etc. But this my friends, is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY! All I'm asking for from you, is ONE WEEKEND of your time. With this much notice, surely, alot more than 1 or 2 of you can make this happen.

Alberta, the ball is in your court. Please don't dissapoint me. I love you all so very much.

Sincerely,

-Noobking AKA Adam Brown <3

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'd go but I don't drive, and I'm being converted to Brawl.

But there's a possibility I might be there.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah, not really, but a lot of our melee players don't really care/can't drive. Most of the players that would care enough to go OoP are brawl players.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm pretty sure red deer and Calgary drive a lot thanks to matt connor and alex.

:/

Plus I'm pretty sure evan is hosting for the sake of playing melee for 2 days rather than just getting as many people to go as possible.

Brawl would bring more people, but then. Lol. Then there would be brawl.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, more people to come to play melee. I think it's pretty obvious.

Like, it says so explicitly in the tourny name. I'm sure he can get more attendance if he hosted street fighter or something as well, but that would make no sense.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
thats my intention ^o^

theres too many people i wanna meet, and this whole school year demands a fun summer D:<

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i know Carl wants too. He's pretty pumped to get ***** by Tim again.

I dunno who else. I think Levi does too. I thinkkkkkk Dan might go. If i'm going, i'll probably carpooling along with some of my red deer friends. I haven't had the time to tell them about it yet though lol.

UH. Not sure about anyone else! ^o^

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
i know Carl wants too. He's pretty pumped to get ***** by Tim again.

I dunno who else. I think Levi does too. I thinkkkkkk Dan might go. If i'm going, i'll probably carpooling along with some of my red deer friends. I haven't had the time to tell them about it yet though lol.

UH. Not sure about anyone else! ^o^
Get on it Victra. Get some friends and confirm yourself. We'll be able to answer any questions you have and help you with just about anything. ^__^

I'll only say this once. Brawl is a plague. We're celebrating almost an entire DECADE of one of the greatest fighting games of all time. If you want Brawl, this is NOT for you. If you want an amazing experience the likes of which you've never had, this IS for you.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Luke you're a ****ing *******.

Also, if I can get a ride I'll go. (AKA if I tell alex gas is covered it's probably likely)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
NEXT WEEK in the spring break im planning on hosting a smashfest/tourney for us calgary bros hehe, what date would suite you guys best?

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Really, really want to go to this. I love BC and I've never attended a big tournament before.

But I'm going to Hong Kong after my exams on the April 28th and i dont know when i'm getting back. I'll have to see if i make it. I have no clue how i'll get there either...can i go with someone? money isnt an issue or anything..

James(the funk) and I might drive there if he gets back from his euro trip.

I'll let you know if i can make it. :)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Luke you're a ****ing *******.

Also, if I can get a ride I'll go. (AKA if I tell alex gas is covered it's probably likely)
The distance to Lethbridge and then Burnaby is about 1.4 times further than if you were to go straight there. Would you be able to pick me up, if I pitch in a large portion of the gas money?

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I would go if I had a ride. Financially I am in no position to pay any sort of airfare to get there.

Edit: If Alex decides to do this, I'd for sure bus to Calgary

BISON QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god? "

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
also paul define next week? I can't on monday or tuesday. Expecting a call.

I would defz go to bc if we could get a plan for a carpool going.

Top Bottom