• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Ermine

Smash Ace
straight up, i dont play brawl, but i thought i could apply my melee skills into brawl using meta knight and get far, i kidna did but then i got rapped by snakes LOL. i thoguht i could do the same in 64 ... but no i got hcore 5 stocked like a lil b**** , the 64 kids were actually sooo good i just forfeited my 64 matches T.T
You mean you quit when we had our friendly

:)

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
I did win against him. Just not a set. Lemme play brawl for more than 20 minutes and I might be able to help you. That was seriously the first time I had played in like a year >_>
SHIIIIIIZZ KEVIN IF I SAT Beside you earlier and helped coach you , YOU COULDA won NO LIES YOU ALMSOT HAD that WTFFFFFFFFFFF

T-block

B2B TST
looks like calgary's got game

i'm excited to play with you guys again in jan

any vids of ben by any chance? i'm sure everyone in edmonton brawl would like to see.

Ermine

Smash Ace
Only reason the brawl match was hype hype was because I was lucario with 170% with 1 stock for like 2 minutes in the last three games.

If you mean melee hype...

Pikachu isn't hype lol

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
looks like calgary's got game

i'm excited to play with you guys again in jan

any vids of ben by any chance? i'm sure everyone in edmonton brawl would like to see.
Sorry, I totally forgot about Brawl GF and N64 GF just cause they ran so slowly.

Remember, you still said you could beat me without L-cancelling

HYPE

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Calgary's Smashers Rank:

1. Paul (Falco) ($75)

2. Subzero (Roy) ($45)

3. Kevin (Pikachu) ($25)

4. Victor (Falco)

5. Brad (Pichu, Ganondorf, Sheik)

6. Arthur (Falco, Jigglypuff)

7. Klaius's friend (Luigi)

8. Random Sheik

9. Klaius (Jigglypuff)

10+. Other people

About 20-30 in the Melee tourney.

GG's

EDIT: There are some AMAZING N64 players. Ben (Snakeplayer) is still undefeated in Brawl.

Shoutouts:

Paul: Nice championship. You're so good, MM Brad plz.

Victor: Scary skill. So good now, I need that Paul training more than you do now. Brinstar johns heh. Tourney match Falco dittos next time hopefully.

Brad: So pessimistic man lol, I gotta actually play you next time

Kevin: RM next tourney, losing at 30% 1 stock you at 70% u-air gimp in best of 1 is too ":-\"

Tom and his friends: Now everyone knows the true epitome of homosexual known as Puff.

EDIT2: The results had a lot of ties, basically anything after top 3 are tied one way or another.
"Random Sheik" LOL was that my Sheik? Or was there another one there?

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
Good games everyone, turns out calgary has a pretty good scene after all. Some intense matches in all 3 games.

Yeah i don't really type like that lol.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Words cannot express how disappointed and angry I am for not being able to attend this...
Oh well, maybe next tourney, if they're hosting early next year in February like last year. =/

Also, how does $20 entrance fee x 20-30 entrants = $75 for first place in Melee? O.o

Ermine

Smash Ace
Words cannot express how disappointed and angry I am for not being able to attend this...
Oh well, maybe next tourney, if they're hosting early next year in February like last year. =/

Also, how does $20 entrance fee x 20-30 entrants = $75 for first place in Melee? O.o
20 dollars for Melee.

30 dollars for Brawl + Melee + 64

Each game had the same payout.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
So they had a profit margin of over $500? Assuming 60 people went and only entered 1 event, that $1200, subtract the $435 for payouts is $765. Wow, they're so cheap...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
OMG I LOVE SUBZEROKING! Just trolled the **** out of me, and probably everyone, making it sound like he's a noob, and comes and ***** with roy!

I am so coming to Calgary if they have another one of those. Lots of attendance + all 3 games.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
alberta smash community tier list

top tier
calgary

bottom tier
everyone else

im so jealous

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
So they had a profit margin of over $500? Assuming 60 people went and only entered 1 event, that $1200, subtract the $435 for payouts is $765. Wow, they're so cheap...
ya they were pretty cheap i was hoping 1st place coulda took at least 100+ home

i think they might host anther tournament with doubles cause last night we barely had enough time to do singles

FalseFalco

Smash Master
If Calgary hosts in early January I'm sure a lot of Edmonton players could come down again...

Or we could host and you guys come up...

Limeee

Smash Champion
heart warming post of the day:
last week i was at the mall, just after buying $110 shoes, and i was playing xbox at game stop and they got stolen
a week later (last night to be exact) my friends chipped in to buy me the same ones <3

whens the next melee monthly?

:009:

EDIT: we burned my old shoes lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I would totally be down for a calgary trip in january! =D As long as its not in carls car again. ahahaha. Nah it was fun.
heart warming post of the day:
last week i was at the mall, just after buying $110 shoes, and i was playing xbox at game stop and they got stolen
a week later (last night to be exact) my friends chipped in to buy me the same ones <3

whens the next melee monthly?

:009:

EDIT: we burned my old shoes lol
awwww! You have great friends Jamie!
Wow! I just came!

I thought he was trollin, not only that he would get top 3, but that he was roy!

Son, I am impress! You are my new favourite player
lol! Yeah man XD Sub Zero is my hero

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol Rush, if you were the cool Asian Sheik player, then yes it was you XD

Think about the prizes this way. If they have more money in the end, they can host more tournaments throughout the year.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Lol Rush, if you were the cool Asian Sheik player, then yes it was you XD

Think about the prizes this way. If they have more money in the end, they can host more tournaments throughout the year.
Yeah that was me hahah. But yeah I pretty much just started playing this summer after digging out my gamecube because I was bored.

Does it cost money to use the rooms? Do they provide food at all?
I think hosting tournaments at the UofC would be extremely easy and cheap. To be honest, it would be easy to start a Smash Club and host it's own events and tournaments. Clubs are entitled to two free four hour room bookings per week at the conference centre. Beverage were provided but again, clubs get a reimbursement for beverage/food up to a certain amount. I'm pretty sure they did incur costs. If they profited then that's fine as long as it's going toward running club operations.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
man im loving all these new members right now

david i hope you'll come to calgary with us again. I wanna team with you!

Top Bottom