• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see a provincial tourney sometime soon. I should be an insured driver by than. I could drive some people

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Wait LoL Tourney?

Where do I sign up?

FFFFFFFFFFFF
Were teaming, we just need more men.

fuuuu- lol tourney
is it possible to enter online?
since LoL isn't actually LAN to my knowledege

:009:
Not to a local tournament lol unless you don't care about the money you win that you won't get.

I used Arthur's estimate of 60-70 total entrants
Heres where you went wrong. If you're gonna do the math to correct my post, at least read it. There was no way there was more than 40 people there.

DumberChild - Accountant Extraordinaire

Calgary if you host before school starts I will come out (Dan will too probs?) and then we can all play roy together :awesome:
Except Levi.

Also, asians can do math, but if they can't read it'll never work.

tl;dr bad hosting taking cuts etc.

Tournament revived Kevin
Kevin never quit.

I think carl will win the next melee event, just giving you homies a heads up.
I was thinking this too

For some reason, every American Falco combo vid looks so good after this tournament
is it because our falcos arn't good?

guys who wants to smash either 23, 27, or 28? let me know nao
A good few of us already let you know, but I only don't work the 23rd. But these are all damn close to christmas.

And the 27th is my birthday, not only do I work 12 hours, but I am not up to doing anything for my birthday.

Hey I'm not sure what all this calgary hype is about exactly but if there is a tournament that's gonna happen there, or if the scene is gonna get bigger there can someone make a thread or pm me? It's my closest location(3 hours away) and if I want to play more people it's the most realistic way for me to play.
Add me (kithsune@gmail.com)

On a side note, why does no new player ever add me on msn, seriously, they wonder why they never know ****s going on and get ignored by the community, it's because you don't get to know us. (not pointing at anyone specifically, unless of course, you HAVN'T added me)

Calgary is defs better... I could look into hosting something big in Calgary while I'm there...
Why is calgary better, aside from of course I don't wanna travel or have time to.

isn't the club owned by students?

what maintenance and registration costs would there even be rofl, unless uofc is demanding money, but i don't think unis ask for club fees do they?
Not really no.

i need to transfer to uofc asap. Seems like all those postponed dates/pushed back dates were well worth it.
You mean pushing it back till I finally started my job so that there was no way I could play? I love it. (I'm pretty depressed about the fact that my hands literally arn't beat to **** from working 12 hours a day 6 days a week in a warehouse. I can't even bend my fingers all the way in.

"Paul don't shake my hand I got blood".

Brad was bleeding for some reason.

Best 5 seconds of the tournament
Dude I was bleeding the entire tournament, my hands always bleed. It kinda sucks.

did he lose at brawl?
Me? I did bad in everything.

O.O... That sounds... painful LOL
Surprisingly a lot less than you'd think, I'm used to it, it just makes it impossible to play fast.

Who? I dunno, Ben (Snakeplayer) got first in Brawl, and then Kevin. Don't know after that

Everyone got ***** in 64
Ironically the only one I did good in was 64.

blah blah blah help host. =)
This just in, I think I'll host a tournament or something if I can work something out with you, we'd need to wait till I don't work every day ever though. (after January for sure)

THIS IS THE ATTENDANCE VIDEO
this is proof that arthur can't count.

Also god look at how awful I looked, I wish I could've showered before coming

brad wasn't trolling me, what he said was true lol
I'm a little surprised you heard the end of my sentence, it gets so quiet.

But yeah, mute city is 100% counterpick legal you all know it.

shoutouts to brad for inspiring me to use multiquote
Double shoutout to carl back bro.

it's almost as if people completely ignore my post 0.0
Shiropost.

ON A SIDE NOTE, ARTHUR, REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT DAN STARTED BEATING CARL WHEN HE GOT A GIRLFRIEND?(and played worse because he had a girlfriend etc.)

**** I just realized I didn't quote carl saying he broke up with his girlfriend etc.

T-block

B2B TST
K1THK1N said:
Why is calgary better, aside from of course I don't wanna travel or have time to.
More central, since we have players in Lethbridge but none north of Edmonton. If we're looking to attract OoP, Calgary tends to have more flights, and it's a closer drive for anyone in the states. Plus, I'll be in Calgary until August.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
So early January, say around the 3rd or so? I'm likely only entering Melee, and doing friendlies in it, so I can help out with organizing, cleaning and running things if you need it.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Heres where you went wrong. If you're gonna do the math to correct my post, at least read it. There was no way there was more than 40 people there.

Surprisingly a lot less than you'd think, I'm used to it, it just makes it impossible to play fast.
"Granted, the numbers I've used assume 60 entrants, and Brad's estimate is 40 people tops, which means the club does not make nearly as much money. Also, my numbers assume everyone there entered a tournament and didn't just sit around and play friendlies."

XD. Also Author said they needed 40-50% of the entrance fee for club costs.

ANYWAYS, Bleeding hand sound pretty bad >.<.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i kinda want to come during early january. but at the same time, i haven't touched a gamecube controller in over 9 months so i'm not sure if there's a point =/ most people will see that as a huge john but i don't know if it would be fun if i would just be getting frustrated not being able to do anything i used to be able to do

the alternative is playing jigglypuff but that's not fun

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
just throwing this out there

if i got melee a starting pot during my next tournament

do you guys think it would get a lot of people out for it?

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
Double post. Sorry about that:

THIS IS THE ATTENDANCE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFFARjB05Mw

Last 2 seconds is the best.

EDIT: Rush I don't think you arrived yet when I filmed this.
you sound like victra

It's cause I broke up with Terry bro. All I do is play smash bros and cry myself to sleep.
you're trying to steal my thunder, i broke up w/ my gf first.

did he lose at brawl?
lol+rep never playing brawl again.

yes

Except Levi.
i might come depends when it is

And the 27th is my birthday, not only do I work 12 hours, but I am not up to doing anything for my birthday.
I might be going on a snowboard trip on your birthday in chase of some booty
ON A SIDE NOTE, ARTHUR, REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT DAN STARTED BEATING CARL WHEN HE GOT A GIRLFRIEND?(and played worse because he had a girlfriend
am i excempt from the rule about gf's and smash?

shoutouts to brad for inspiring me to use multiquote
Double shoutout to carl back bro.
multi shout outs to all y'all keepin it in the plural

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
i kinda want to come during early january. but at the same time, i haven't touched a gamecube controller in over 9 months so i'm not sure if there's a point =/ most people will see that as a huge john but i don't know if it would be fun if i would just be getting frustrated not being able to do anything i used to be able to do

the alternative is playing jigglypuff but that's not fun
or you could just play me every time you feel bad about yourself.

MELEE IS LIKE RIDING A BIKE, YOU NEVER FORGET

mach5

Smash Journeyman
Well if anyone wants to hold something at the UofC let me know as I can definitely help. I'm new to Smash but I know the UofC system well. It's pretty much FREE to reserve rooms classrooms if you're a sanctioned club because I once booked a large room for a whole week for 4 hours each day and it was completely free. Again you also get two free four hour bookings at the conference centre per week (ie. where the tourney took place). Plus food&drink reimbursement up to $150 a year. Seriously you could run a tourney at almost no cost (depending on setups) if you do decide to run it at the UofC. And of anyone ever wants to start a Smash Club let me know =)
start a smash club. i got your back

And ive come to a conclusion. thursday the 23rd my house. if you dont know who i am or you're one of those new people at the u of c tournament. im just another asian guy who didnt make it to that tournament. i live in calgary and seriously add my email xrevolution2@hotmail.com ill give you info on the tournament address and such. GOGOGOGO

Tyson651

Smash Lord

if there's teams and good attendance, i would go

start a smash club. i got your back

And ive come to a conclusion. thursday the 23rd my house. if you dont know who i am or you're one of those new people at the u of c tournament. im just another asian guy who didnt make it to that tournament. i live in calgary and seriously add my email xrevolution2@hotmail.com ill give you info on the tournament address and such. GOGOGOGO
i'll go, but i really don't want to drive rofl.

i've driven between edmonton and calgary way too many times

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
i had sliver and blind johns
I had been working for 12 hours and was bleeding all day.

=/ no johns.

I might be going on a snowboard trip on your birthday in chase of some booty

am i excempt from the rule about gf's and smash?
Emma S?

No you're not, you quit smash. Very proven.

oh **** i jsut realized, ive been missing out on monday smash clubs recently cause of gf johns........
Idiot.

I'd keep you company, Tyson! :p
YAY SID

ALLEN IM HELLA DOWN FOR THE TOURNEY

get hype the real nigger of calgary is here

Top Bottom