• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

T-block

B2B TST
sweet - thanks tyson

24th ave is probably easiest... my building's right along there and there are a few turns on it where i could meet you. i dunno where you'll be coming from, but south on crowchild, right onto 24th ave, go past the uni main entrance

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
What Levi said isn't totally true. Hansel and I are randoms as well. XD
Also, T-block just moved from Edmonton, so I don't think he's met (m)any of the Calgary smashers in person. I think the rest of Calgary + teh_Icy know each other fairly well though.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Crazy. I guess it's not too hard, seeing as how the entire competitive Melee community is like... 20 people

Dumberchild, you going to the smash thing?

BTW my username is my name backwards.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Crazy. I guess it's not too hard, seeing as how the entire competitive Melee community is like... 20 people

oh i get it now. for the longest time i thought you were middle eastern before you told me you were chinese =p

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild

Ya, I'm going tomorrow; how long I'm staying however, can vary quite a bit. =/

I never realized that, I thought it was kind of a random username. =O
I'm Chinese too, high five! XD

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
Just curious, Does or will their be any extra GC motes? Since I don't have one... And i would need to borrow one xD
I might be able to bring a third party one, it'd be awful, but it'd be yours to use.

The Melee community is actually quite huge. Just calgary is small/hard to get people together, but if we had EVERYONE come out, theres a chance we could get close to that ourselves

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I might be able to bring a third party one, it'd be awful, but it'd be yours to use.

The Melee community is actually quite huge. Just calgary is small/hard to get people together, but if we had EVERYONE come out, theres a chance we could get close to that ourselves
Yeah, I meant the Calgary one, mah bahd. I know the Worldwide Melee community is giant, but almost all in the states, except for Armada + Aniolas.

It would be pretty ridiculously awesome if people made a Calgary Melee tournament, hosted it at like a community centre, both competitive with prizes and amateur without.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Most of the time it's like "wow I respect Mike, he has pretty sound logic and knows about competitive brawl, and makes good arguments for legit thing." Then there are the other times... "****, Mike is a pretty big homo :/"

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
you're not asian enough arthur.

im disappointed.
Au contrare, my friends believe I am the most Asian person evar. I am not so sure myself, however. My activities:

-Badminton
-Ping pong
-Soccer
-Basketball
-Longboarding
-Parkour
-Skiing
-Speaking Cantonese at home
-Used to go to Chinese school
-Starcraft
-Melee
-Starsiege: Tribes
-Having the last name Lee

Asian music I have:
Jay Chou
DJ Kwokkin
Jackie Chan (He is a good singer)
More random stuff

Decide for yourself. :-p

I have been told time and time again, "With great power comes great responsibility."

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
both competitive with prizes and amateur without.
Problem with that is it requires funding, and nobody would pay to enter a tournament they don't expect to win if they could play a free one.

I dunno, it just doesn't work you know?

However thats why alternate events like low tiers were created.

Au contrare,

-Parkour
Are you sure you're asian, or even asian.

ALSO ATTN CALGARY: Bring some cash to Paul's. Just do it. I wanna have a small tournament if we can. Nothing too big, like a buck or two, probably two after teams, but I say bring like $10 so we can celebrate with BK afterwards

Dr. Ike

Smash Cadet
ALSO I NEED TO BRING UP AN IMPORTANT ISSUE.

Do asians just like having english **** in everything they do? Or do they just not have proper ways to express certain lines? Why the hell do they speak english at the beginning of that one song. It's not uncommon. Why.

Top Bottom