• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
BTW FalseFalco if I want to train a tech like pillaring, I would go against a LV 1 comp, and if I want to work on my overall stuff then a LV 9? I surprised myself by getting as far as I did only against comps, and Mango says it's ok to train on them, but some say they mess you up...?

EDIT: omfg doing aerials with the c-stick is even stranger than jumping with Y O_o, especially since you can't N-air

EDIT2: I think I'm going to put together a Falcon compilation video, with ridiculous youtube comments and stuff

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Level 9 CPUs have unrealistic reactions which make them not that good for practicing against. You'll get super smash DI a lot, tons of powershields and the like. They'll also love to jab you out of everything so it just gets annoying lol

I practice against level 3s since they have at least good (human-like) DI compared to a level 1s' no DI.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, it works both ways for Brawl and Melee both. I've finally gotten used to actually playing against them for practice and they help me practice spacing and whatnot. In Brawl, at least, level 3 CPUs will occassionally shield my attacks and that's when I notice my problems coming out.

I'll see when I'm just stupidly rushing in with a FAir or NAir right in their grab/punish range and I'm learning to space my attacks better. It's pretty cool actually.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
so i was thinking of hosting melee at my place every 2nd weekend, that and blaze,

wondering how you fellas feel about it

Tyson651

Smash Lord
someone's starting to sound/be like victor

But I have nobody to fight with, and there's only so much I can train my combos and stuff
I live 3 blocks away and you complain to me about this stuff lol
^ this lol.

and there's a hella lot of smashers in calgary. i'm sure you can convince your parents, you just dont try hard enough.

you can even tell your dad he can stay too, he'll just be bored out of his mind and next time he'll let you come play without him lol.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
so i was thinking of hosting melee at my place every 2nd weekend, that and blaze,

I probably cant make any of those since school is about to start and you live so far away :l

Tyson651

Smash Lord
school starts on sept 8th, and the first week or two of school its smooth sailing to do stuff on the weekends.

lilseph

Smash Ace

If its a blazblue tourny id be down, but just for friendlies i don't think i would come.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
that way brawl players reluctant to try melee will try it, and melee players will play brawl and complain alot
I actually like that idea tbh
can someone tell me what happened to victra

i try to stalk him but it kinda doesn't work cuz i don't like anything he likes
lol
do it like justin beiber
lol

once school starts im not able to do this at all. I'd barely be going to both smashfests

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol yeah i have to our else i'll fail so fuuuu u

also Ron's falco is really fun to watch. Paul vs Ron would be really fun imo

falcon sucks

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I would come Steve.

@ruhtraeel
You can nair with A. Other people explained why playing computers is annoying sometimes because they don't act like humans. Pillaring is over-rated. It can be shield grabbed even if you do it properly.

I STILL WANNA PLAY SMASH

anyone interested today?

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
@ruhtraeel
You can nair with A. Other people explained why playing computers is annoying sometimes because they don't act like humans. Pillaring is over-rated. It can be shield grabbed even if you do it properly.
tl;dr play people and you'll get better lol

STILL WANNA PLAY SMASH

anyone interested today?
Do I count, cus you want to get your id anyways. though you probs want for real man bros.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
hmm well tell you guys what, i'll host a smash fest at my place on the 29th. This does not need to be a tournament, it can just be fore casual fun.

And kyle, don't be all serious business come and play for the love of the bloody game. ps i want to mm Kyle in brawl.... yeaaah baby, diddy gonna come back.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Kyle's too good for no-money events. What a pro.

Do it, man. I probably will. Besides, online practice or no, you should probably keep playing against everyone to make sure that no one gets the one-up on you when a tourney really does happen.

[EDIT]

I'm gonna pick up Mewtwo in Melee.

lilseph

Smash Ace
k ill mm your diddy. For the blazblue i'm usally really busy so half the time i can't go to even tournys. So what i'm trying to say is that if its a tourny i'll try and make it out there, but if its just for fun it might be a bit harder.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
u could always try and host a tourney at a venue, im sure some people from here would help. i would help organize it with u

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
i'm moving in 9 days so if you wanna smash get at me, I can teachc you lots p. fast but not after the 27th
Moving... out of Calgary?

I would try to organize one if I had more experience... I have never ever been to a video gaming venue in my life.

EDIT: LOL SK Terran sort of works in SC2. Perhaps Terran is playable after all.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
Yeah going to lethbridge for school.

basically venues are expensive, a lot of work and half the people who say they'll show up don't anyways, which is why there's not many tournaments in alberta. smashfests at a person's house are pretty much a million times better. I'm also kind of biased that way though, a lot of people love tournaments.

Limeee

Smash Champion
thats because the melee scene is dying :(
lots of people have quit because they don't have fun playing anymore

the melee scene is also old, which means alot of the old school players have moved onto university, jobs etc.

the same thing will happen to the brawl scene in the future :(

:009:

FalseFalco

Smash Master
thats because the melee scene is dying :(
lots of people have quit because they don't have fun playing anymore

the melee scene is also old, which means alot of the old school players have moved onto university, jobs etc.

the same thing will happen to the brawl scene in the future :(

:009:
WRONGG
you don't quit smash it quits you.I plan to keep playing (until I stop losing to Dan at least)

Real tournaments are just few and far inbetween. I usually plan to go to a US tournament in the summer and then spend January -> April practicing for it and then don't play for the rest of the year haha.

@victra don't worry I'm booked solid till like monday next week :(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Both scenes have taken hard hits in Alberta. Soon the only way to see good competition will be to travel, and not everyone will want to do that, so I see both scenes dying even more. I'll definitely be traveling for smash this year, and I look forward to do so.

Top Bottom