• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Shine pressure isn't free btw. There's a ton of little intricacies with delays or early attack that you can employ to either catch early escape, safe pressure, or bait other moves.

Frame data is supposed to be 100% replicated.

Just speculating that maybe Charizard is so fat that my dair actually hits your shield earlier than expected. But who knows.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Shine pressure isn't free btw. There's a ton of little intricacies with delays or early attack that you can employ to either catch early escape, safe pressure, or bait other moves.

Frame data is supposed to be 100% replicated.

Just speculating that maybe Charizard is so fat that my dair actually hits your shield earlier than expected. But who knows.
But no grabbing, or it's too risky to grab, right? Feel free to educate me since Melee Falco and shining is pretty foreign to me. I know waveshines and...that's it. LOL

[EDIT]

100% replicated? So you mean they're not supposed to change ANYTHING about Falco from Melee to Brawl? Because I find that just a smidge hard to believe.

[EDIT #2]

And then everything was solved by just asking the Project: M team! THE END! LOL

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Melee top tiers were literally ported to P:M. Every value. Frame data was cross-referenced.

The only change was that sheik's d-throw was changed to a cross between PAL and NTSC. I dunno how Falcon's roll works still though. It feels hella slow compared to melee but the PM dev team claim otherwise (?).

For shield pressure:
Late aerials are supposed to yield frame advantage. If you try to do anything out of shield other than invincible moves, you'd get hit by the shine (active frame 1). This includes shield dropping, jumping, grabbing.

Sion

Island of Horizon
shield pressure doesn't feel as safe im PM as it does in melee

it's like shield hitstun doesn't work

if you're getting shield grabbed, just go behind their shield. you get to stick to them, and you can't be shield grabbed.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
But doesn't that just prove my point, Ron? Anyone who jumps in with late aerials on someone defending, it's free pressure if they don't have an invincible move. Still doesn't explain how I can punish you now, but I find it's a fair price to pay to balance things out in my opinion when Falco's still one of the best characters in the game.

But really, time will tell.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah it's free because I delayed it. Lol. If you let me get in a delayed aerial, I should probably get something out of it.

That's like saying dead spike being frame advantage leading to another attack isn't supposed to be free.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So what you're saying is punish Falco's DAir before he uses it then? That's extremely risky by comparison to the slower start-up on Ragna's dead spike, but I get the comparison you made. Makes enough sense. But quick question,

Is there a difference in Falco's DAir from the beginning to the end of the attack? Or does the first part of the DAir give more shield stun by comparison since l-cancelling time is the same?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Dair is like a sex kick. First half hits hard but weak towards the end.

Weak part is not frame advantage at all.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
A little too late on that one, Brad. Mark beat you to the punch.
Well, yeah, of course, even I beat myself to the punch.

oh, and on further review, looking for mark's post that beat me, I saw that Lucas TAS and I think it bring up another of my older points. Thats way too fast, thats (as far as I'm concerned) faster than melee, or at least the combo is just... I dunno it seems almost forcefully too fast and weird, the kind of combo that could never even be executed if someone practiced only it, whereas Melee TAS it may be epic and impossible, but the hardest stuff was based on them flying backwards or weird ceiling glitches, almost any knee to knee in a TAS was just a regular Knee to Knee added in between other stuff.

Project M just seems... weird in that way. Everything in the game cancels wayy to fast it makes me feel like I'm not playing a smash game

edit: Heres a good example. http://youtu.be/-YINhiB9tuc

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The Lucas combo does look strange, I can agree. But again, it IS still being developed, that and Brawl as a game flows more differently in appearance.

The Lucario one looks fine to me because Lucario is SUPPOSED to be able to cancel and string combos together. He's a fighting game character in a Smash Bros. setting.

Though I say the best example of a normal looking combo using TAS is the Sonic or Wolf one.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah but you're using lucario of all characters as an example.

If you look at the wolf TAS for example, it looks really natural. He's a character thats quite polished and fits well with "melee"

lucario is crazy, based on a completely unique concept, and no one knows how to use him yet.

lucas is just messed cause you're not used to his weird downb and djc

sonic is literally just spins the whole time

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

If you look at the wolf TAS for example, it looks really natural. He's a character thats quite polished and fits well with "melee"

lucario is crazy, based on a completely unique concept, and no one knows how to use him yet.

sonic is literally just spins the whole time
And so, nothing has changed. LOL

--

I can make cooler looking combos that don't involve spinning, but it'd involve some tech chasing and predicting on my part. ...in other words, Brawl Sonic. God I love Brawl Sonic.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
If all you're going to do is speak in theory, don't even bother talking about seeing Project: M in a not-so-serious light.

DISCLAIMER: not trying to start **** :p

Enter a Project: M tournament, use your old mains and try to be more technical since it's easier to do now. I'm challenging you to put it to the test and destroy people since it apparently takes less skill to be good with your old mains.

--

Of course, if you're just in it to have some fun, go right on ahead and enjoy the new characters. I'm just saying and thinking about it, that if you're gonna not take Project: M as a competitive game because it's 'different' or 'too easy' to be technical? Prove it. Show us your swag as hell easy tech work with Fox and Falco.
That's like the exact opposite of what I want to do lol

I never said I would win easy solely cause the game as a whole is easier to pick up, all I said was that the game is easier to learn and it's not something I would want to play competitively. No correlation between the two.

I still like it for casual play and items and such though.

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman

Firstly, I know, I picked lucario because it shows what I mean, and don't say I'm not used to something being weird, it's weird and thats the point.

Anyways, all I'm saying is I really can't merit a competitive value to the game, even though it's ridiculous and a ton of fun. Ike's TAS may use a lot of ledge cancels, but almost 100% of the hits are that fast with a normal L cancel, which is woah, but thats every character.

And yeah, Wolf's is more polished, because he's more polished, again hitting my note of the game is in developement, it's a ton of fun, still wacky, and I would love to have a final prouct one day

edit: Just for clarification, I'm not agreeing with Arthur's point, it's seperate. Items in any game are fun, but real men play decision.

T-block

B2B TST
i don't think the lucas combo looks that weird... the multiple psi magnets are no faster than double shines =\ and i'm sure a melee ness tas would have djcs that look just as fast.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lol totally forgot about decision mode too.

yeah at first lucas looked weird cause i had no idea what moves he was doing, same with lucario. but it looks all fine to me now.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. it's like Ron's match up melee vs jiggs and peach but now it's everyone

lolololol

but yeah, top tier melee in p:m just can't fully dominate other characters anymore. A lot of characters have a lot of options to get out of sticky situations.

You can still play aggressive, but you have to be more cautious. I'd actually really compare it to Falco vs Peach, except now it's a lot of characters. You can still pull off huge aggression against peach, but sometimes if she plays right you'll get a nice nair oos in the face. A lot of characters have something like that now, like bowser upb, etc
Pretty much sums up my thoughts after the tournaments.

I pretty much need to treat a lot of my match-ups like vs Jiggs in melee. Run away and shoot lasers into eventual Dragonz combo.

Ron, are you planning on uploading some of the singles matches? I was getting blown up trying to rush Connor’s Bowser in games 1 & 2. In game 3 I just ran away and shot lasers. Super effective but hella boring. Also, I don’t know about you Ron but it’s ridiculously easier for me to tech in Project Melee.

I think the game is really fun, I need a lot more practice with you guys. I miss being able to overwhelm people with fox :(

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I was planning on uploading singles after doubles. But apparently the files I gave Keith got corrupted and he only has WF left.

That and midterm season.

Camping is hella boring. Rush down all day every day. Mango play is the best play.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Alright take your time. I appreciate you uploading these videos.
Our team name is going to be: “Rush down all day everyday” with a **** brawl in there somewhere.

Jk love brawl

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I could ever challenge you out of anything but respect.

I still remember that time you bumped into that parked car in the parking lot, and you were just pushed the gas a little more to push through it. "I can park fine" and we just walked away
lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDYx3IRQXcw
PROJECT M 2.5

SONNNNNNN

MY BODY AIN'T READY

We have a ton of balance updates, aesthetic surprises, and even a few new characters for you to soon enjoy! Stay tuned for more exciting announcements, character pages, and live-streams showcasing our progress with demo 2.5 in the upcoming weeks.
I want this all in my mouth right now

Top Bottom