• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's normal for M2K, but not everybody else
@button checks

@Tyson
I've already stated that I cannot make it for the 24th, and so has Luke..... so.... yeah probably

also
Jason Zimmerman aka M2K i'm really disappointed in you ... as a human being ... you just dont stop and now to keep playing the victim at every turn is just the worst thing a person could do. Unknown and KirbyKaze you guys both just abused the kindness of this community as a whole and i do not forgive you guys.

a few things to the poor misinformed souls

SPLITTING

It happens in the FGC ... I AM IN THE FGC ... I HAVE SPLIT IN EVERY GAME EVER MONEY IS MONEY BUT I STILL TRIED TO WIN! ... BUT PEOPLE STILL PLAY TO WIN THE DAM TOURNAMENT!! CHRIS G SPLITS WITH RAYRAY EVERY DAM WEEK UNLESS HE NEEDS TO PAY A BILL OR JUST NEEDS MORE MONEY ON SAID WEEK ! BUT CHRIS G STILL WINS EVERY ****ING WEEK!

FLOATING BRACKET

THIS HAS HAPPENED IN THE FGC TOP8 AT WINTERBRAWL 6 . MARYLAND DJ HOUSHEN VS UNKNOWN AND NEW YORK RAYRAY VS MYSELF ... So we agreed and pleaded for a "float" so instead they had me play houshen and rayray play unknown ... what happened after the float ? Nothing but good games and people being grateful for the decision by trying hard all the way through.

COLLUSION

This is something that is not directly addressed as a rule yet but i promise you all it will ... but please you guys need to stop pm'ing me about making a rule .... its pretty obvious that its already in effect and we are all trying to make sure this doesn't happen again. We are all truly sorry you had to sit there and watch the "finals"

CHEATING

M2K IS GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER. THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING THROUGHOUT ALL MY TIME BEING A PART OF THE SMASH COMMUNITY. ANYONE THAT HAS HAD TO HOST A TOURNAMENT FOR M2K KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. HE PURPOSELY HOLDS UP MATCHES. DOESN'T REPORT MATCHES. ASK PEOPLE TO PLAY ON FD AND SWINDLES THEM INTO DOING SO BY ABUSING THE POWER THAT HE HAS AS A TOP PLAYER. SOME OF THE NEWER PLAYERS ARE JUST SO HAPPY TO BE PLAYING M2K THAT THEY AGREE TO TERMS JUST TO PLAY M2K ... AND THATS WRONG ITS SO WRONG. REPLAYING THE MATCH WAS ONLY BECAUSE HE DIRECTLY LIED TO UNKNOWN ABOUT THE RULES AND BEING THE KIND AND NICE PEOPLE WE ARE IN THE SMASH COMMUNITY HE BELIEVED HIM. AFTER IT ALL M2K COMES UP TO ME AND SAYS HE THOUGHT HE COULD TELL HIM TO PLAY ON FD BECAUSE HE DOES THIS ALL THE TIME "EVERYTHING I DID TODAY I DO ALL THE TIME AT EVERY EVENT!" .....................

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

I'M SO HURT AND DISAPPOINTED WITH THE TOP 3 PLACING PLAYERS AT MY EVENT. I HAVE BLED FOR THIS COMMUNITY AND MADE IT MY LIFE TO BE AN EVENT ORGANIZER FOR TONS OF GAMES BUT I ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR SMASH AND HAVE BEEN PUSHING IT FOR EVO AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET ... ALL MY HARD WORK JUST THROWN OUT A WINDOW IN AN HOUR .... ALL THE PUSH I HAVE DONE TO GIVE THE HONEST CARING PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY WHAT THEY DESERVE ... YOU GUYS JUST TOOK IT AWAY .......

There is more to add to this whole ordeal. I'm sorry to the ones that still have the drive and care about the game and the rest of the community ... i tried to decide things the best i could to clean up the mess these babies have created.

I TRULY CANT EXPLAIN HOW MUCH THIS HURT ME PERSONALLY.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So many ways to see the story. The way I see it it's Alu's fault. Switching the bracket is pretty unfair, and I wonder if he even asked the people in loser's bracket if it was ok (doesn't seem like he did, which is total bull****). I mean it's pretty easy to tell if Canada will end up playing each other when looking at the initial bracket. Oh well.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Ya, I was talking about everyone else except you two. So what exactly happened with m2k?

:phone:

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's hard to tell with so many sides to the story lol.

KK and unknown supposed to meet in winners semis

swap unknown with Eggm so that winners semis becomes

KK vs Eggm
M2K vs Unknown

M2k Tries to go back to FD for 5th match against unknown, unknown agrees and loses.

Alukard comes in and tells them to re-do the match because supposedly M2K lied and pressured Unknown into it.

Unknown wins the rematch

KK and unknown play friendlies for winner's finals. Kk loses, plays M2k, loses. GF unknown plays random characters and obviously doesn't try, M2K wins.

supposedly they all 3 split, but now it sounds like KK didn't split and took his 3rd place winnings.

etc. etc.

SWEET BRO

Smash Rookie
someone split the pot with me if i get to any kind of finals

im hella rusty though so i might place last lol

Taste

Smash Apprentice
If 20 people enter the tournament lets split the pot 20 ways. Everyone's happy that way

I can't help but always be annoyed by M2King. bowser was fun to watch though

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
So can edmonton confirm or at least start considering coming this weekend? Just so I know since I already know two people are out

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
all in all , looks like no edmontonians are going :/
oh wells smash is still fun and im super excited for some more project M!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I will come if I can't go to BC, but I'll be leaving saturday morning if I do decide to do that. If anyone wants to semi write off the weekend, but still have plans to fall back on, they can (maybe) ride with me.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
^truth^
looking forward to some p:m as well paul, i like actually winning matches and might be kinda switching over games. also alot of p:m newbs for me to get my self-esteem up(FGCC in general is kinda free, shots fired)
i just am bored of sitting at my tv practicing stuff that i cant replicate in tourney.(wobbling, handoff, crazy hard desyncs)or just wd'ing around the stage at different lengths and working on ledge-dash

Stevo

Smash Champion
well, don't get me wrong, I've taken some rides on the train myself.

I think it has some potential, if nothing other than to bring the brawl and melee communities together. It's also pretty fun and a nice change I guess.

You should at least give it a shot I think.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Im just not practicing ics right now cause it's hella boring and difficult to show what i can do. p:m gives me a reasonable escape from just coming to tourneys to support the community, and actually gives me hope for winning some matches against players that i have never beaten before and would still give me a good idea of their habits.
anyone wanna get some practice in today, im just have homework today and could go somewhere/host.
@tyson was that you that let go of the edge and got dragged down by his side-b?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i was gonna surprise you guys with a sonic of my own, but now its no fun with tyson as sonic!
also ill be bringing another setup with p:m for the tourney
double sonic team ftw

Stevo

Smash Champion
I played Marth when I got frauded lol

:phone:
Marthberta

So I realized that I'm a hipster. I was thinking about playing Bowser next melee tournament that I attend, but now that DJ Nintendo played Bowser at a national, I feel like Bowser is too trendy and I don't want to do it lol.

Then I realized how dumb my rationalization is.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I expect everyone from calgary to attend this saturday, and anyone from anywhere else who can is a cool bro who should

Hype this **** up boys, it's gonna be big

(FGCC in general is kinda free, shots fired)
I think it's about time we MM in Project M =3

even Calgary is starting to jump the the P:M train.

I still think Melee is the better game, though. At least as of now. We'll see.
Melee will always be the best competitive game forever, however I have to say, Project M is very good and given that it CAN be regularily updated, I feel it could be huge and really should be, it's just not there yet.

Respect. Melee for life though.

Marthberta
I dunno if anyone really knows this, but I feel theres not enough hype for this tournament. I main marth now. In all three games.

I'm not even kidding.

Stevo

Smash Champion
that was before....
THE SNOW

I think it would be up to the people who can drive to start the organization, though I don't see why people wouldn't post to at least say they are interested in going.

Top Bottom