• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aliens Vs Predator

**Havok**

Smash Lord
The Demo is very interesting.

One level. The obvious 3 classes. But the the multiplayer is messed up, you can only play with friends on your list.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Infestation is the best one I've played so far. I played a match with 13 of us in it, 1 Alien vs all us marines. It's like terrifiying and disorienting, you all group together but you can hear your motion senser beeping and hear the screams of your teamates getting picked off and turned into Aliens, and every so often an Alien will lunge at you from the darkness. It starts off slow but the Alien will eventually get someone and when there's about 4 Aliens it just turns into chaos. And there was a surprising amount of people online for the day before it's released.

Nowhere near as much people will play it as crapwarefare 2, and not for as long, and it'll get 7/10's, but I enjoyed it.

day-day

Smash Ace
I lol'd at GI's review. The predator's too stealthy, the alien's controls feel clunky, the marines motion tracker kills the atmosphere. Isn't the predator's game stealth? The alien felt fine when I played the demo for the first time, I'm guessing the reviewer has never seen alien. The motion tracker is the atmosphere, to hear that thing constantly beep when it's pitch black is creepy because you know somethings coming. Now a days it seems as if all shooters have to be the equivalent of MW2 or Bioshock 2. A 5.5 though? Seriously?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Nowhere near as much people will play it as crapwarefare 2, and not for as long, and it'll get 7/10's, but I enjoyed it.
Crapwarfare 2? Let's compare your 5.5 Score to a 9.75 Score of MW2. The people who review these games have their jobs for a reason.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Crapwarfare 2? Let's compare your 5.5 Score to a 9.75 Score of MW2. The people who review these games have their jobs for a reason.
Because they get paid to review them well, LOL. Enjoy camping and playing a slow as balls shooter.

Dumb thread, doesn't even mention the infinitely superior PC version. Console FPS = Fake person shooter.

If you're playing AVP3 on the consoles then you're doing it wrong, sorry. :(

Btw game has really good graphics if you have the beast machine to run it. The game is 16 gigabytes because it has all the textures for DX9 and DX11. I can only run it in DX9 because of my 8800GTS but DX11 has awesome graphics from the photos I've seen.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Because they get paid to review them well, LOL. Enjoy camping and playing a slow as balls shooter.

Dumb thread, doesn't even mention the infinitely superior PC version. Console FPS = Fake person shooter.

If you're playing AVP3 on the consoles then you're doing it wrong, sorry. :(
PC elitist much? Can't stand people like you.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I agree man. So whiny. "Oh no! Left 4 Dead 2! We better petition for them to stop!" As if that helped. "Nobody will ever buy MW2 for the PC!"

I honestly don't think the graphics I've seen for this game are that good, either.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Obviously you're not a real gamer if you don't PC gamer or prefer console gaming to PC gaming for RTS FPS and MMO games.

Terrible name.

I agree man. So whiny. "Oh no! Left 4 Dead 2! We better petition for them to stop!" As if that helped. "Nobody will ever buy MW2 for the PC!"

I honestly don't think the graphics I've seen for this game are that good, either.
You don't know how to look for graphics then, typical for a console gamer. If you only look at the character models (which are highly detailed at DX11) then you're doing it wrong.

Also I don't play dumb games like fake person shooters as you mentioned. Nice try.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Obviously you're not a real gamer if you don't PC gamer or prefer console gaming to PC gaming for RTS FPS and MMO games.

Terrible name.
I consider myself a "real gamer" because I'm unbiased in terms of what games I play, what genre, and for what console, unlike your elitist ***.

Terrible logic.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Honestly I hate Modern Warfare. All those "realistic" shooting games are so lame.

This one I'm going to buy no doubt.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Terrible name.

You don't know how to look for graphics then, typical for a console gamer. If you only look at the character models (which are highly detailed at DX11) then you're doing it wrong.

Also I don't play dumb games like fake person shooters as you mentioned. Nice try.
Explain how "If you don't PC gamer" makes sense.

And also explain where you got the Fake Person Shooters notation.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Explain how "If you don't PC gamer" makes sense.

And also explain where you got the Fake Person Shooters notation.
I accidentally added an R at the end of game, big deal.

I jokingly call boring generic FPS games Fake Person Shooters. I also call console shooters Fake Person Shooters that try to imitate PC shooters like HALO and COD5/6. You can figure out the exceptions to that rule for your self, good luck.

I'll go back to QuakeLive now and have loads of fun and up my skillz while you play generic shooter warfare #5843 that gets rave reviews by fratboys, 12 year olds, and n00bs alike.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well I'll take my spelling as a big deal, while you take your Usernames as a big deal. Ok? Since it matters so much that you choose to make fun of Console Gamers, and people's usernames in a Forum, I'll choose to be correct people's spelling freely.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Well I'll take my spelling as a big deal, while you take your Usernames as a big deal. Ok? Since it matters so much that you choose to make fun of Console Gamers, and people's usernames in a Forum, I'll choose to be correct people's spelling freely.
Console gamer rage. Can't handle the truth. U mad.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Not so much elitism as it is FPSes (and RTSes) are known for being infinitely easier to control with a mouse and keyboard on a PC than two joysticks on a controller on the 360. Online gaming doesn't suck anywhere near as much either.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Not so much elitism as it is FPSes (and RTSes) are known for being infinitely easier to control with a mouse and keyboard on a PC than two joysticks on a controller on the 360. Online gaming doesn't suck anywhere near as much either.
Yes I understand that, but the way you put it makes a lot more sense, as opposed to saying "Obviously you're not a real gamer if you don't PC game or prefer console gaming to PC gaming for RTS FPS and MMO games."

That's just downright elitist.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I actually think the 360 Controller is aimed more towards FPS's. Oh well.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm a noob and play worthless games? Care to explain? Because I play video games on a certain console doesn't make me a noob. I'd like to see your logic there. And please explain how the games I play are any different from yours.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
I'm a noob and play worthless games? Care to explain? Because I play video games on a certain console doesn't make me a noob. I'd like to see your logic there. And please explain how the games I play are any different from yours.
Yes.
Wrong, it does make you a noob. Go play Quake 3 with a controller, I think QuakeLive even supports it (god knows why).
The games you play are terrible rehashed slow paced n00b shooters that take no skill and are generic in every way. Why do you even think console kiddies get AUTO AIM in their shooter games, and its even allowed on multiplayer? Why do you think the most popular shooter games on consoles only allow you to hold a few weapons at a time, therefor limiting any weapon strategy?

You are bad and you should feel bad.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
You play console FPS's. Console FPS's are GARBAGE games since they're so slow and the controller is so crap that autoaim is pretty much required on all console FPS's. Oh, and 180 degree turn buttons LOL. Pathetic.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Why do I have to conform to your opinions? I'll play what I wanna play, and you can play what you wanna play. Last time I checked, it's my opinion that matters to me, and I can do whatever I like.

Generic? Slow-Paced? *******?
Oops.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It'd be great if we could tone it down, guys.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Why do I have to conform to your opinions? I'll play what I wanna play, and you can play what you wanna play. Last time I checked, it's my opinion that matters to me, and I can do whatever I like.

Generic? Slow-Paced? *******?
Oops.
Go ahead and play whatever you like just don't prance around and tell me that your favorite shooter, the generic masterpeice of genericness grenade spam hitscan noob shooters you play on the console are better than AVP3 by all the idiots, fratboys, and kids like you who rate that game and review it.

Maybe one day you'll learn to appreciate good games, thought I doubt it.

Edit: LOL you're 15 years old that explains everything about your taste in video games, go to school kid before I school you some more, newblood.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Go ahead and play whatever you like just don't prance around and tell me that your favorite shooter, the generic masterpeice of genericness grenade spam hitscan noob shooters you play on the console are better than AVP3 by all the idiots, fratboys, and kids like you who rate that game and review it.

Maybe one day you'll learn to appreciate good games, thought I doubt it.

Edit: LOL you're 15 years old that explains everything about your taste in video games, go to school kid before I school you some more, newblood.
Mhm, check out the ages of the others here that play with me.

You're pretty biased aren't you? And stereotypical, no? And does my age honestly matter? You can ask some others around here, it doesn't matter. Go ahead and continue posting here, I will not. This is a waste of time, and so are you. :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If you people don't stop posting off-topic, I will close this thread and infract you both.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyone with the PS3 version, post your PSN name. I rented it and I am going for online trophies for now.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
If you people don't stop posting off-topic, I will close this thread and infract you both.
Mods win.

I am not gonna play this game online until dedicated servers come up for PC.

No thanks for p2p connections, too much lag and it feels like XBOX live lag (delayed to hell).

Can't wait though, gonna get PRO at the alien and stab n00bs in the face with my tail, cannot wait man. Alien is too good, always has been since AVP 1.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Does anyone play this on the 360 anymore?

*Sigh*

The multiplayer has SO MUCH potential.

Yet no one plays. :/ I am thinking about getting AvP3 for the PC. I had AvP 2 and... wow, that DEFINED multiplayer gaming for me. Epic in every way....

Biggest things, IMO, that they messed up on in 3 is:
--horrible match finding. Seriously. "Quick Match" took a bloody hour ON RELEASE!
--no class limits. And not much match customization in general. No one likes a game of 1 marine vs. 2 aliens vs. 8 million predators. -.- At least, if you want to fully enjoy the species you choose. :(

How is the PC gaming for AvP3 though? Does the pc version recieve much love? I would think so, as any previousfans would have had to play the others on PC....

Edit:

My 360 gamertag--AnAsianDriver77

Top Bottom