• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Characters Match-up Chart (9/07 update)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
This isn't about choosing your character based on the chart, this is about understanding your matchups. I find it sort of ridiculous how every other competitive fighter has a standard tier list AND a standard matchup chart, and both are used religiously by tournament winning pros. (Well, were. Eventually they memorized it, I'd assume)

Fact is: More knowledge for the game would bring more interest, and just be generally good for the community. Regardless of it's need, it'd just be good to know more about this game we intend to play in tournaments.

Also, though I REALLY want the Melee matchup chart (since that's the game I prefer), I'd hope a Brawl one would come about too. Both games could really use it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
This isn't about choosing your character based on the chart, this is about understanding your matchups. I find it sort of ridiculous how every other competitive fighter has a standard tier list AND a standard matchup chart, and both are used religiously by tournament winning pros. (Well, were. Eventually they memorized it, I'd assume)

Fact is: More knowledge for the game would bring more interest, and just be generally good for the community. Regardless of it's need, it'd just be good to know more about this game we intend to play in tournaments.

Also, though I REALLY want the Melee matchup chart (since that's the game I prefer), I'd hope a Brawl one would come about too. Both games could really use it.
This is why you dont need a brawl matchup chart. Pick MK and as long as your better its a guaranteed win. MK's worse matchup is 5/10 so I think we got that covered.

Melee. Yea it would be nice to get this updated. But we also need to look at tourney results and individual matches.

The tier list or this shouldnt be used as a john but to better understand you character better. The only ppl who really john about tier are low tier players that dont know how to handle themselves.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We should get specific character pros or something. And then ask them what they think of every matchup with one character. I think that could help. I'm gonna do mine with Ganon soon I suppose.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
We should get specific character pros or something. And then ask them what they think of every matchup with one character. I think that could help. I'm gonna do mine with Ganon soon I suppose.
So I take it ull ask Kage?

umm well

yea that could work. Since we are gonna actually be doin somethin for real u wanna like start naming pros that we will ask to get the info. So I guess actually work to get this updated?

Ill find ppl for bottom tier.
21. Ness (2.5) simna storm
22. Yoshi (2.5) fumi
23. Bowser (2.2) gimpyfish, Eggz
24. Mewtwo (1.8) taj, quak, mow
25. Kirby (1.5) t1mmy omnigamer
26. Pichu (1.2) t0mmy Kdj

Ill try to get ahold of them sometime tomorrow or later today to get some chart hammered out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well it would be nice if it would be possible to all talk at the same time, like in a chat or something, so we can reach a concensus for every character. One opinion per character I don't think is enough.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Well it would be nice if it would be possible to all talk at the same time, like in a chat or something, so we can reach a concensus for every character. One opinion per character I don't think is enough.
we would need a general guidline to go off. like a plan. If like the marth players say that the m2 matchup is 9-0 and then the m2 players say its 0-9. I think we got a match and can save some time.

One way we can get this to work is to either make a new thread and do matchup discussion.

ex say right now topic is link and we do all the link matchups. in order.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7114204#post7114204

T0MMY

Smash Master
So I take it ull ask Kage?

umm well

yea that could work. Since we are gonna actually be doin somethin for real u wanna like start naming pros that we will ask to get the info. So I guess actually work to get this updated?

Ill find ppl for bottom tier.
21. Ness (2.5) simna storm
22. Yoshi (2.5) fumi
23. Bowser (2.2) gimpyfish, Eggz
24. Mewtwo (1.8) taj, quak, mow
25. Kirby (1.5) t1mmy omnigamer
26. Pichu (1.2) t0mmy Kdj

Ill try to get ahold of them sometime tomorrow or later today to get some chart hammered out.
This one is easy for Pichu:

The matchups are terrible, except against another Pichu, which is roughly even (green backpack has a slight advantage).

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
This one is easy for Pichu:

The matchups are terrible, except against another Pichu, which is roughly even (green backpack has a slight advantage).
haha I remember the primitive days when ppl thought he was better than the all powerful m2 lol.

man i gotta say, how do you do it?

lol, like I still think m2s good lol. Pichu sucsks tho

Rarity

Smash Rookie
Every tier list and character counter assumes that both players are evenly skilled. Have you ever seen two players who were dead even in terms of skill? It's a rarity.

These are just meant to reflect the nature of the matchups. If you want, think of it like this: the worse your matchup, the better you have to be than your opponent to win it.
haha you said my name in it :D

Top Bottom