• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All I want is more hitstun

NocriZle

Smash Cadet
I don't care if they don't bring back wavedashing or advanced techniques from melee. All I want is more hitstun and shield stun than brawl. Because I love comboing and being offensive and low hitstun and low shieldstun leads to a campy boring game

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I don't care if they don't bring back wavedashing or advanced techniques from melee. All I want is more hitstun and shield stun than brawl. Because I love comboing and being offensive and low hitstun and low shieldstun leads to a campy boring game
I actually agree with you. Wavedashing and stuff would be nice, but based off what I've seen so far, it looks like it wont be in the game... therefore as long as high hitstun remains a factor, it will be a nice game.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I wouldn't mind more hitstun

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Even though I am not very good with combos I would also wish for this.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I agree. However, I was not a HUGE fan of Melee... as you said, just as long as Wavedashing does not return.

I'd love to see L-Canceling however.

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
This is a bare minumum for me, and I think we'll get it, as this game looks like they're trying to strike a balance between Melee and Brawl, whether that works to its favor or not remains to be seen.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Im all up for more shield stun. Hit stun I don't care what it's like as long as there is A COMBO in the game

Burning Boom

Smash Apprentice
[
there is nothing wrong with rewarding defense
I don't think that rewarding offense and defense are necessarily contradictory, although the game will inevitably be slanted more towards one than the other. You can reward offense with hitstun, shieldstun, ect., while one would reward defense with capitalizable ending lag on attacks, quick, useful defensive options, etc. What many people don't want though, is a game being campy and boring, good fighting games are a matter of prediction, action, and reaction, not keep-away and stalling until someone gives an obvious opening, camping out in a position, etc.

Top Bottom