• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All In One Collectibles Sunday Brawl Event (Northern NJ)

allinone

Smash Cadet
All In One Collectibles located at 490 East Main St in Denville NJ 07834 has a completely new gaming events schedule.
We are now hosting more competitive level Sunday Brawl events:

4:00 every Saturday
$5.00 entry

60% of total pot prize (30%for 1st Place. 20% for 2nd Place, 10% for 3rd Place)

If anyone is interested in helping us to run these events please contact the store at (973)664-0912
We still have casual play Brawl on Friday nights at 6:00

If you play other card or miniatures games please visit our website for our full events schedule...

http://www.allinonecollectibles.com

allinone

Smash Cadet
We have been getting alot of requests to change the events to Saturday afternoons. We will be getting a bunch more players for Saturdays.

Beginning next week we will be switching over to Saturdays. Everything else about the events will remain the same for now. We will be making some changes regarding entry fees, payouts, rules etc based on the players requests who actually attend the events.

allinone

Smash Cadet
After listening to feedback from our Brawl players, we are moving our Sunday game to Saturdays at 4PM. Also, we are increasing the prize pool from 50% of the pot to 60% of the pot. 1st Place wins 30%, 2nd Place wins 20%, and 3rd Place wins 10%. Call 973.664.0912 for more information. We hope to see you there!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Still not going. You haven't made the necessary changes beyond trying to compete with the events that actually have the rules and prices people want, lol. Good luck, dude.

allinone

Smash Cadet
We are definately running these events. We should start getting a consistent attendance very quickly. We have had a bunch of players requesting us to have them on Saturday afternoons.

Hope to you can make it...

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You won't be getting actual competitive players if you don't take their feedback. Also, legit tournies are on Saturdays, that will most likely cater to what competitive gamers want, since the competitive gamers themselves are running it. You're better off leaving your tournies for Sundays in that case.

allinone

Smash Cadet
Our next event is Friday, July 2 at 6PM. This is a casual play event. We hope to see you there!

allinone

Smash Cadet
Our next event is Friday, July 9 at 6PM. This is a casual play event. We hope to see you there!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Our next event is Friday, July 9 at 6PM. This is a casual play event. We hope to see you same three people there!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Our next event is Friday, July 9 at 6PM. This is a casual play event. We hope to see you same three people there and pay us to do something you can do for free with more people!

allinone

Smash Cadet
We thank those of you who have given us input concerning our tournament format. However, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute to this thread we'd appreciate it if you refrain from posting anything further.

Our next event is Saturday, July 10 at 4PM. This is a Competitive Play event. The entry fee is $5.00. The prize support is 60% of the pot. 1st Place gets 30%, 2nd Place gets 20%, and 3rd Place gets 10%. Please call us at 973.664.0912 for more information.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui, please stop with all this constructive criticism! I don't know how much he can take! Please stop posting here if you have nothing better to offer.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Inui, please stop with all this constructive criticism! I don't know how much he can take! Please stop posting here if you have nothing better to offer.
lol...

I remember calling the store about these tournies a while back, I asked about the prizes, and it turned out that they had set prizes for 1st and 2nd place... $10 for 1st and $5 for 2nd..... I was just like "um... uh... ok then..." I didn't know what to say, that was just... horrible :/

I suggest that if he really wants these events to be successful to increase the pot, 60% of the pot for only 3 people at a $5 tourney... that's not even $10. I'm sorry, but I will not see to attending these anytime soon, the venue is an hour away from me, and $8 won't pay for gas. I would just barely have enough money for 2 packs of yugioh cards, I mean really...

Want to be successful with these tournaments? Start with the prizes. However, if your store is not doing so well financially, hosting these tournaments will not save you.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You have all made your point. Enough. He doesn't have to take your input the same way you don't have to take the rest of the communities. Any further replies just to complain about the payouts will be infracted for Trolling.

MXXD123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to complain about the payout, but if you charge 5 dollars extra for a venue fee, you'd be getting almost 3 times as much money as you're making each week now. Then you could charge 7 dollars for entry, resulting in bigger prize money, thus bigger appeal. This game store is very close to me, but I have yet to come because I don't want win without a challenge, plus the small pot. Making a bigger payout attracts more players, more players = more $ for you from venue fee. It's a win win situation. Just my view on the matter. A Power Play Gaming store is doing the right thing. Follow their previous tournament examples.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You have all made your point. Enough. He doesn't have to take your input the same way you don't have to take the rest of the communities. Any further replies just to complain about the payouts will be infracted for Trolling.
What are you talking about?

He came to this website to advertise, saying he wants to bring a higher competitive crowd, and then won't listen to what the competitive good players want in order to get their attendance, and thus, business for himself.

We offered advice and he didn't even respond to it. He deserves no defense. He even flamed some of us because we pointed out flaws in his logic. If anything you should infract him.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What are you talking about?
This.

So all 3 people who are attending get paid! Nice!
You made your point and all that you and Inui have been doing has been stuff like this. You've made your suggestions, he chose not to listen to them. End of story.

allinone

Smash Cadet
Our next event is Friday, July 16 at 6PM. This is a casual play event. We hope to see you there!

allinone

Smash Cadet
Our next event is Saturday, July 10 at 4PM. This is a Competitive Play event. The entry fee is $5.00. The prize support is 60% of the pot. 1st Place gets 30%, 2nd Place gets 20%, and 3rd Place gets 10%.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Our next event is Saturday, July 10 at 4PM. This is a Competitive Play event. The entry fee is $5.00. The prize support is 60% of the pot. 1st Place gets 30%, 2nd Place gets 20%, and 3rd Place gets 10%.
Get your time machines ready, boys.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
So if i come there costing me atleast 10 $ in gas to pay 5 dollars only to win 6 for first place
if the tourney has 5 entrys? '
thats costing me money to come play at your store when I could play at my house with better players than you local scrubs you should try it our way for at least a week or two and charge the 5 dollar venue fee and payout 100 of pot ull make twice the cash and every1 will be happy

Im sure if you take or suggestions we can help you hype the event to make sure we get atleast 20 entrys

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
So if i come there costing me atleast 10 $ in gas to pay 5 dollars only to win 6 for first place
if the tourney has 5 entrys? '
thats costing me money to come play at your store when I could play at my house with better players than you local scrubs you should try it our way for at least a week or two and charge the 5 dollar venue fee and payout 100 of pot ull make twice the cash and every1 will be happy

Im sure if you take or suggestions we can help you hype the event to make sure we get atleast 20 entrys
this

I do concur, sir fuego fox. However, if he pays out 100% of the pot, he won't be making any money, unless he charges a venue fee, like MXXD said before. I would go if these tournies had a bigger turnout and a bigger payout. I can deal with a $5 venue fee and a $5-10 playing fee, just like pretty much every good tourney.

Just a suggestion, Allinone dude. Not complaining, just suggesting.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
this

I do concur, sir fuego fox. However, if he pays out 100% of the pot, he won't be making any money, unless he charges a venue fee, like MXXD said before. I would go if these tournies had a bigger turnout and a bigger payout. I can deal with a $5 venue fee and a $5-10 playing fee, just like pretty much every good tourney.

Just a suggestion, Allinone dude. Not complaining, just suggesting.
in mah post I put 5$ venue fee
I mean as of right now he is making approximately 8 dollars a week off brawl tourneys
charging a 5 $ venue fee and have 20 or so competitive smasher go will make him 100 right off the bat

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
in mah post I put 5$ venue fee
I mean as of right now he is making approximately 8 dollars a week off brawl tourneys
charging a 5 $ venue fee and have 20 or so competitive smasher go will make him 100 right off the bat
:/ didnt see that you mentioned it, but i looked back and saw, sorry for basically repeating what you said

but yeah, he would make so much more muneez if he would do that

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
lol, can't, i'm in NYC until the 30th, so NO I will NOT go! :D

allinone

Smash Cadet
We are more than willing to implement new ideas from players who are attending our events.

The $5 venue fee with $5 entry ($10 total cost) is a good idea. Most requests that have been presented were for much higher totals.

If any experienced player is interested in running the TIO software at the events we will enter them for free.

Let me know - Mike All In One Collectibles

allinone

Smash Cadet
We have seven Tv's in the store and can usually use an additional Wii or two for larger events. Let us know ahead of time if you are coming and plan on bringing one.

(973)664-0912

Thanks to all who have made positive posts and requests. Hope to see some more of you guys at the store. Mike - All In One Collectibles

allinone

Smash Cadet
Our events are scheduled fro every Saturday at 4:00pm.

Next event scheduled for July 24th

We will be implementing the $5 venue fee $5 entry fee idea (Total cost of $10 per player) with 100% of the entry fee portion being paid out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

Payouts will be:
50% 1st place
30% 2nd place
20% 3rd place

Mike - All In One Collectibles

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There's already a huge tournament in New York on that date.

It's nice that you have real payouts now, but it's supposed to be 60/30/10. Also, doubles is a must.

Top Bottom