• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Lucario players spam aura sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
I like spamming it. Works nice for edgeguarding and edge pressuring.

Milln

Smash Champion
We don't spam it as much as you think.

Also, even if we did, it's a great projectile for disruption, damage dealing, and even KO-ing if it's not too stale. To that effect...

"So?"

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
YOU!
Not again!

Anyways, no, I should utilize it more, although I do use the mid-full charge sphere. I prefer the AA combos that flow so well, plus grab "burning", as it rapidly removes stale quickly. Besides, u have a problem with it, cuz there r ways around spamming. Besides, weren't u the one who said DT was easily punished by "Falcon paunch"? (yeah, right)

Khosan

Smash Rookie
That, sir, is profiling.

Not all Lucarios throw babies around like creme pies.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
Ok- any your point is? Most don't spam nearly as much as pit, TL, and other similar chars. And of course, since most people here have unique styles, not all use aura sphere. It's not that hard to counter anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
all marth players spam f-air
all snake players spam ftilt and usmash
all olimar players spam grabs and pikmin
all wolf players spam fsmash, blaster and upb
all pit players spam arrows, and HIAYAYAYAYAYA

I could list every single characters in the game, with just as much credibility as you. If anything lucario is one of the least spammers in the game, since he only has a few moves his can actually spam (being aura sphere and d-air). compare it to someone like ness/lucas, you can spam pk fire, pk thunder, dash attack, f-air etc

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yes, they do.

And any Lucario player who doesn't spam aura spheres is really missing out on a whole load of fun.

Having said that, I've started to realise just how good a fully charged aura sphere is for KOing, so I've been spamming them slightly less. But it's nothing that a good grab attack or seven can't fix.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
Yes, they do.

And any Lucario player who doesn't spam aura spheres is really missing out on a whole load of fun.

Having said that, I've started to realise just how good a fully charged aura sphere is for KOing, so I've been spamming them slightly less. But it's nothing that a good grab attack or seven can't fix.
Amen to that. My favorite uses for Aura Sphere are timing semi-charged ones to hit people as they use their second jump while coming back onto the stage so they jump into it and die.

Another use I like doing is Aura Sphering during recovery, but it's pretty risky. At least it keeps the Edgehoggers away. >_>

tedward2000

Smash Champion
personally, i have been using the AS a whole lot more, with very good results. At first I was discouraged to use it all the time, but now I have found it better to be abused then left alone.

Majority of the time though I use it to charge it on them, doing minor points, but holding them there. Then grab/grab burn and throw.
Majority of people I play dont see the capability of using the AS as a holding move, but get them between a wall and a charging AS, and they think differently. Or they are coming back to ground, and stand left to them and start charging the AS on them.
It works wonders.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
You may as well have gone to the Marth boards and made a topic called "All Marth Players Use a Sword" - that would be epic lulz. If you get beat by projectile spamming alone, you're a total n00b.

Gymn

Smash Cadet
Not ALL spam, just most, the ones that are good learn the properties of the aura sphere and use it to their advantage...u can't blame them :p

BravoNavo

Smash Rookie
All Ryu player spam Hadoukens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3wdoe2qFqo

Seriously, this thread is a joke. Since when is spamming inherently bad? It's accepted in all other fighting games. Even at high level. And yes, the above matches are the highest of levels.

Lucario's sphere is a tool he has. Since when is it bad to use something for maximum effectiveness?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
R u mad that Falcon doesn't have an easy counter against it? It still has weaknesses, but I doubt it would be found out by someone who thinks that u can punish DT always with a "Falcon paunch".

Mezna

Smash Cadet
Please clarify what you mean by spamming AS. Do you mean the itty bitty BAS or the deadly mid-full charged ones? Personally I rarely use the BAS, I only use those on people with reflectors so as to get them in the habit of reflecting so they think I'll constantly try to hit them with it, then I stay close range. It's worked so far and I've only ever gotten it reflected back to me ONCE.

But yeah, AS is godly. I often start off the match charging it, and usually I just save it until I need it. They usually forget about it and you can just throw it in their face when they try to dash attack you. Actually, there are a couple times when I unleash my AS JUST before they hit me, and we both got hit. I didn't even see the sphere, but they flew away burning and I got hit away as well.

And finally, edgeguarding. AS is THE edgeguarder of Lucario. Fully charge that sucker and hit them in the face. They aren't coming back. They don't have many options when you do that. They can either air dodge and lose precious space, get hit by it, or completely avoid it. Good thing is if they avoid it their recovery is pitifully easy to predict, and can be punished by any other move, including another AS if you start charging it after you release the other one.

No. AS isn't spammed by all players. Spamming is for people like Pit, Zelda, Snake, and the telekinetic boys. AS is a tool for pressuring and forcing enemies to change their patterns. If you can't beat it, oh well. Another victim of the beast known as Lucario.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
oddly enough, I only use fully-charged aura spheres, and almost always only when there is a KO potential or the opponent does a really stupid thing. this is part of my mindgame strategy: when is he gonna throw the **** thing? and when they least expect it they are flying off back to hell...
either way, Pikachu spams thunder, Zelda spams din's fire, Snake spams C4, sonic spams KEEEEH... and infinitely. Only Luc's actually got some strategy in using it.
No doubt TC is just embaraseed of answering his own topic now. Figures.

Eizon

Smash Rookie
I usually charge my AS so I can use it as edgeguard, finisher, surprise attack, etc. I don't spam BASs all that much. Except on slow characters that can't really do anything about it.

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
I save it for K.O.'s but don't mind mixing a few in here and there, the only move that gets spammed might be dair or neutral A A A/A A >B . dair only because I love Lucario's air game^^

Browny

Smash Hater
play as wolf against the bigger characters like dedede. you can upb non stop and theyre always too slow to do anything about it. even if they dodge, nothing lost since they wont be able to punish you for it

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You can't spam up B against anybody when you're playing as Wolf. It's way too punishable, even for big characters.

Dedede will just grab you eventually.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
all marth players spam f-air
all snake players spam ftilt and usmash
all olimar players spam grabs and pikmin
all wolf players spam fsmash, blaster and upb
all pit players spam arrows, and HIAYAYAYAYAYA

I could list every single characters in the game, with just as much credibility as you. If anything lucario is one of the least spammers in the game, since he only has a few moves his can actually spam (being aura sphere and d-air). compare it to someone like ness/lucas, you can spam pk fire, pk thunder, dash attack, f-air etc
all ROB players spam dsmash
all pikachu players spam dmash and neutral b
all lucas players spam nair

Sorry, I just wanted to expand a little more.

oh, also:

all sonic players spam side-taunt

-----

On topic-ness: As one person posted in the beginning:

"So?"

Milln

Smash Champion
Sonic's Side-Taunt is so mindgamey. T-T And hell, a fresh down taunt KO'S. WHAT IS THAT. DDD=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom