• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

all my irl friends thing marth is overpowered >_>

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Tell them its not true.

Play G&W: spam his bair (the turtle), and his smashes and use d-throw>d-smash

See if they still think Marth is broken.

Cril

Smash Cadet
if you want to prove to them that marth isnt overpowered, simply take another gay character (i.e game and watch, Rob, MK, wario) and scrub them just as bad as if you were using marth. eventually they will realize that it's YOU thats overpowered

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
So they use Dedede and say Marth is overpowered? Um...use Metaknight on them and spam tornado and dsmash, fair, exc, but do it smart lol. They will beg you to use Marth. ;)

∫unk

Smash Master
if you can play any mid tier and win then do that and they'll stop complaining.

for me that's pikachu.

sheik is also fairly easy transition from marth.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
My friends said the exact same thing. In fact, they say that they hate Marth more than D3. Yesterday, they went over the top with it, and it killed my whole mood, so I feel for you on this.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I say this in every thread like this, are you playing 1v1 or 4 player FFA?

Big difference between the two.

Though, it seems that they're just casual players or players that don't really practice or anything.

Tell them to use Marth too, also try using one of their characters while they use Marth.

Elumnysan

Smash Rookie
well when we 1v1d was when i shined a bit. we played 3 stock games and i won every round with 2 stocks left.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
(Backlash, why do I feel like you've been missing? lol)

IF u 2 stocked them then the problem has nothing to do with marth being broken or not. Ur friends just fail. U can quote me on this if u want when u tell them.
QFT

I two stock people sometimes, but not every match. And I lose sometimes too. They just need to improve. Scream in their face "No CHARACTER JOHNS" every time they say something about Marth. That might shut them up.

Hype

Smash Lord
I hate it when people have this attitude. How can one expect to improve when they convince themselves that the only reason they are losing is becasue they are facing a "cheap" character. I don't care if you Snake, MK or anyone. This really frustrates me when people talk like this.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
my friend johns every time he comes over and vs my marth.. he sais that every singles move is a tiper when he is in tipper range.. all johns. marth isnt over powerd they just dont know how to edgehog marth and throm him off the stage :( i hate to talk all bad like this basicly saying they suck but i mean cmon its a part of the game, dont like it dont play it. no point gettn worked up over pixles.. that is what WoW is for lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
my friends hate when i pick Marth too, it makes them look bad when i beat them cause i don't even main him lol. they also think Zeldas cheap cause they still can't avoid the fireball and jump into her Usmash............but yeah >__>

Gokuzz

Smash Cadet
what is "johns" >_>

this is elumnysan btw, but i dont know. last night i was 1v1ing a friend and he restarted the game on me twice because i edgeguarded him and then a third time when i spiked him. we played 6 rounds i was marth all 6 and he was either shiek/snake. never really came close to losing.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
what is "johns" >_>

this is elumnysan btw, but i dont know. last night i was 1v1ing a friend and he restarted the game on me twice because i edgeguarded him and then a third time when i spiked him. we played 6 rounds i was marth all 6 and he was either shiek/snake. never really came close to losing.
lol, and johns is an excuse like saying your phone rang when it didn't.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Luckily, it's at the point where my friends know that I'm just that **** good.

They used to beg me not to use Marth. He was too good. So I started using MK. And Snake. And Game and Watch. And guess what? Now they beg me not to use either 4 :p

Top Bottom