• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

phate

Smash Apprentice
How would the Mii play similarly to the Villager? Please elaborate. And how is, what would be the first Boxer in the series, not bringing anything new to the table?
Well the Mii would most likely do things like drop bowling balls and use bats tools, etc to fight, a lot like the villager. The Mii is also not a distinct character, but more of a canvas character where you have a degree of customization. That's why I feel they would be similar. I also don't think that Mii fits into smash outside of an assist trophy because he isn't an all-star per say, but that could be debated.

Little Mac is a guy with boxing gloves that punches. That's pretty bland for a cast of creatures and crazy powers. But then again if something as bland and uninspired as the Wii Fit Trainer can get in, anything is possible. I haven't been expecting a huge roster increase because I feel like Nintendo is running out of stellar 1st party characters to add to this new game.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Little Mac is a guy with boxing gloves that punches. That's pretty bland for a cast of creatures and crazy powers
Pre-brawl said:
Hey, guys, look. ROB is in this game. What a joke! It doesn't deserve to be in this game. That's pretty bland for a cast of creatures and crazy powers. He's a peripheral for ****'s sake!
But then lasers.

The moral of the story is judging a character without playing as them is lame.

Incoming wall of text explaining something along the lines of judging a character by their looks is fine and "I'm right and you're wrong and here are my poorly thought out reasons".

Morbi

Scavenger
But then lasers.

Incoming wall of text explaining something along the lines of judging a character by their looks is fine and "I'm right and you're wrong and here are my poorly thought out reasons".
I guess one of the best reasons is that the very notion is subjective. For instance, I don't think Boxing is bland or boring. However, sometimes I think crazy move-sets like Villagers are uninspired or bland. In the end, it all comes down to the individual. Which doesn't necessarily call for rational reasons based on the premise that preference isn't logical, it is preference. I have seen some people demanding more magic based characters, I have also seen people requesting characters that are differently shaped (such as Ridley). So judging a character without playing them isn't necessarily "lame". Any presumptions conceived would be biased. I mean I don't really think I will have too much fun with Megaman. He just seems everywhere. It would obviously be fallacious to say that he won't be fun or good. As you pointed out, I would need to play him before making such assumptions. However, it is actually fine to judge a character based on looks. It is all we have for the time being. It would be just as wrong to judge a character positively. It is the exact same thing. So it would be "wrong" of me to think that Wii Fit Trainer looks fun. I would need to gain other insight aside from my empirical data.

I guess the moral of the story is that character preference is subjective and you can obviously base decisions on what is already given; however, your opinion will always be subject to change. Yes I did write this just because you told me too. Sadly it isn't a wall of text. I couldn't really think of any valuable reasons to write off a character aside from preference. Which in my opinion, is the most important anyways.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I guess one of the best reasons is that the very notion is subjective. For instance, I don't think Boxing is bland or boring. However, sometimes I think crazy move-sets like Villagers are uninspired or bland. In the end, it all comes down to the individual. Which doesn't necessarily call for rational reasons based on the premise that preference isn't logical, it is preference. I have seen some people demanding more magic based characters, I have also seen people requesting characters that are differently shaped (such as Ridley). So judging a character without playing them isn't necessarily "lame". Any presumptions conceived would be biased. I mean I don't really think I will have too much fun with Megaman. He just seems everywhere. It would obviously be fallacious to say that he won't be fun or good. As you pointed out, I would need to play him before making such assumptions. However, it is actually fine to judge a character based on looks. It is all we have for the time being. It would be just as wrong to judge a character positively. It is the exact same thing. So it would be "wrong" of me to think that Wii Fit Trainer looks fun. I would need to gain other insight aside from my empirical data.

I guess the moral of the story is that character preference is subjective and you can obviously base decisions on what is already given; however, your opinion will always be subject to change. Yes I did write this just because you told me too. Sadly it isn't a wall of text. I couldn't really think of any valuable reasons to write off a character aside from preference. Which in my opinion, is the most important anyways.
I'll let this impudence slide just this once because you make people smile by liking everyone's posts.

phate

Smash Apprentice
But then lasers.

I'm sure they could insert an interesting mechanic or two in order to make Little Mac fun to play, but I think it's a lot easier to breathe life into a robot than a guy with boxing gloves. But I guess that's all subjective. That being said, there aren't many interesting 1st party characters left, so I wouldn't be shocked if they added him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm sure they could insert an interesting mechanic or two in order to make Little Mac fun to play, but I think it's a lot easier to breathe life into a robot than a guy with boxing gloves. But I guess that's all subjective. That being said, there aren't many interesting 1st party characters left, so I wouldn't be shocked if they added him.
Indeed. Besides, Little Mac vs. Donkey Kong would be kind of fun.

I'd much prefer if they put Mike Tyson in the game. :troll:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Something that's been bothering me about this leak...

What would the Mii's up-B be? If I had designed a moveset for Mii, I absolutely would have given him the balloon fight balloons because of nintendoland, but they gave that to Villager instead.

I mean I guess you could give him planes / jetpacks from pilotwings resort, but the other just seemed so obvious.

maybe he just makes a miiverse post and climbs on top of it... *shrug* I don't know. I hate Mii, but the other two would fit in fine for me.

Chicago BearHawks

Smash Rookie
No, pretty much everyone did not know they were gonna be in it, and there's no way at all WFT could have been considered a safe guess. Villager had been expressly vetoed by Sakurai, and, well, WFT is the WTF character of this game: she was chosen in part because no one had thought of her. MM was pretty obvious, yeah, but the other's are not. The three in conjunction, along with a stage that looks very much like it's from Punch Out having been shown, does make it very clear that there was some form of insider info, whether or not it was fully accurate. When you look at things in hindsight, everything looks obvious. And the lucky guess theory would be more believable if he wasn't pretty much the only person ever to name WFT. The odds that the first person to think of her would also randomly guess the other two along with a character (Little Mac) that looks pretty likely as well judging from the trailer

I guess I should have expressed my opinion a month ago that I think Lil Mac, WFT, Villager, and MM would be in Smash. I'd probably have 38,573 messages and a couple of shrines erected in my image.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why is that, exactly? What is happening tomorrow?

I believe the "All-Stars" have aligned.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is being released this week.
Wii Party U is released in Japan this week.
This week is the Japanese anniversary of the NES Punch-Out!!.

People have started believing this is why it's been so lackluster in photos lately, as 4 months later we'd see 3 new characters. It would also explain the void of emptiness relating to Pokemon characters since the release of X/Y. There's also some belief we'd see them in a Nintendo Direct before Halloween, if they're not all revealed tomorrow. I'm doubting we'll see a trailer, though, as it seems too sudden and without notice of a Direct, it'd be a pretty silent reveal. Some people believe there'll be a link to a video instead, leading to a trailer of the 3. However, I think that Sakurai probably has no clue that these dates intertwine and cause a lot of hype for 3 of the most wanted characters in Smash. Considering that hype for Ridley and Toad has died down, and the last character reveal was over 3 weeks ago, plus the Newcomer banner is down, a lot of us are hoping that tomorrow's going to be exciting.

I consider this highly unlikely, but I'll bite for it. If it does happen, a lot more hype will enter the game. If so, Sakurai will save up more hype later, for Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, K. Rool or Toad if they're in. So, these 3 are expected before Halloween by a lot of people.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
no, no, no.. not mii...

Let's look at this guy's list. You could chock it up as a lucky guess, but the probability of that is really low.

What are the chances he'd guess Wii fit ALONG with Mega Man and Villager?

No one expected her, sure, but there could've been one sucker who did. But even then, this guy guessed ALL of the newcomers shown in the e3 trailer.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

People have started believing this is why it's been so lackluster in photos lately, as 4 months later we'd see 3 new characters. It would also explain the void of emptiness relating to Pokemon characters since the release of X/Y. There's also some belief we'd see them in a Nintendo Direct before Halloween, if they're not all revealed tomorrow. I'm doubting we'll see a trailer, though, as it seems too sudden and without notice of a Direct, it'd be a pretty silent reveal. Some people believe there'll be a link to a video instead, leading to a trailer of the 3. However, I think that Sakurai probably has no clue that these dates intertwine and cause a lot of hype for 3 of the most wanted characters in Smash. Considering that hype for Ridley and Toad has died down, and the last character reveal was over 3 weeks ago, plus the Newcomer banner is down, a lot of us are hoping that tomorrow's going to be exciting.

I consider this highly unlikely, but I'll bite for it. If it does happen, a lot more hype will enter the game. If so, Sakurai will save up more hype later, for Ridley, Palutena, Mewtwo, K. Rool or Toad if they're in. So, these 3 are expected before Halloween by a lot of people.

Really interesting, but quite a bomb to be dropped too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You just had to bump up this dead topic, huh?

Ugh. Here we go. -_-

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Wow, I did not know that.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it...

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I think Pac-Man should be revealed around the time that new Ghostly Adventures game comes out in Japan. I mean, there are already three all-stars in the game: Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic. Now it's time for Pac-Man, another gaming idol.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I think Pac-Man should be revealed around the time that new Ghostly Adventures game comes out in Japan. I mean, there are already three all-stars in the game: Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic. Now it's time for Pac-Man, another gaming idol.

... It's not coming out in Japan, only NA, Europe and Australia.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I doubt we'll get all three but i would be happy to see that two of the characters i want are in. (Not the Mii. But i wouldn't mind them)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This was a little bit of a revelation to me...

Little Mac is a boxer.
Pac-Man has boxing gloves.
Mii has a boxing minigame.

If the leak is real, we could get a boxing trailer.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This was a little bit of a revelation to me...

Little Mac is a boxer.
Pac-Man has boxing gloves.
Mii has a boxing minigame.

If the leak is real, we could get a boxing trailer.
Wow....i never noticed that before. lol

A Boxing trailer needs a parody version of "Eye of The Tiger". lol

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Right now, I want to see the confirmation of another Pokémon character, I don't care if its a veteran or newcomer that's announced, just as long as we have an idea of what Pokémon characters will be in the game and who'll be cut/has a smaller chance of making it in.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wow....i never noticed that before. lol

A Boxing trailer needs a parody version of "Eye of The Tiger". lol
I was thinking that it could start with megaman behind the scenes before he enters the ring getting a pep-talk by Doc before he goes out and gets the "Little Mac enters the ring!" thing. His first opponent would be Mii, and, once he finishes him off, Pac-Man comes. It that actually happened (I don't think it will by any means), I'd be hyped.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
You just had to bump up this dead topic, huh?

Ugh. Here we go. -_-
The topic was revived with meaningful discussion. What is the problem?

I'm not really expecting anything on Friday. It still seems extremely early for a newcomer reveal, much less three, one being a third party and another being one of the most requested and anticipated characters for the game. It seems like too big of a reveal too far from actual release date. I find it unlikely.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well the Mii would most likely do things like drop bowling balls and use bats tools, etc to fight, a lot like the villager. The Mii is also not a distinct character, but more of a canvas character where you have a degree of customization. That's why I feel they would be similar. I also don't think that Mii fits into smash outside of an assist trophy because he isn't an all-star per say, but that could be debated.

Little Mac is a guy with boxing gloves that punches. That's pretty bland for a cast of creatures and crazy powers. But then again if something as bland and uninspired as the Wii Fit Trainer can get in, anything is possible. I haven't been expecting a huge roster increase because I feel like Nintendo is running out of stellar 1st party characters to add to this new game.

The Mii isn't a Nintendo All-Star...THE MII ISN'T A NINTENDO ALL-STAR!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-NO! I'm sorry to say this...but your opinions are so bad, that they're wrong opinions. Little Mac isn't a guy with boxing gloves that punches, and Wii Fit Trainer is seriously one of the most creative character choices to ever happen, like ROB (People who hate ROB = Stupid)

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
If these characters are revealed tomorrow or sometime in the future... here is how Little Mac's intro needs to happen.

There's a black screen.
A single beam of light shines down onto a shadowing figure.
It's Mario.
He is looking down so his hat creates a shadow on his face.
A microphone descends from the ceiling as he grabs it and brings it to his mouth.
He looks up and shouts "HERE WE GO!"
The lights turn on to reveal him standing in the middle of the boxing ring
Camera flashes, crowd cheering.
It is completely packed with fans.
We see a bunch of Pikmin forming an assembly line to feed Olimar popcorn.
Toon Link and Villager laughing and looking innocent.
Pit, Fox and Samus sitting together.
Cut to the exterior of arena.
We see Pikachu using electricity to power a sign that says "SMASH"
Luigi rushing to get into the stadium.
Bowser standing all mad by the door because he's not allowed in.
Go back inside
Show Mega Man and Sonic in a VIP booth looking unimpressed.
Cut to the judges table where we see an anxious Peach, Link and Kirby waiting for the match.
Kirby is inhaling a hotdog.
We see an unrecognizable figure walking out of a dark hallway with the crowd cheering and surrounding him.
Screen shows his point of view walking towards the ring as he enters through the ropes.
Suddenly a barrel is thrown from the crowd into the ring.
It explodes as our favourite fury ape emerges.
He lands with a ground shaking thud.
He begins flexing as he screams.
Crowd goes wild.
The hooded figure throws off his robe to reveal himself.
"Little Mac joins the fight"
He gets into a fighting stance with his arms up.
Out walks Wii Fit Trainer holding a "round 1 sign"
The bell rings
The two lunge at each other.
Cut to various footage of Little Mac gameplay.
Montage of Little Mac beating the **** out of DK.
Point of view of DK where his vision is getting blurry.
Switch back to view of both of them as Little Mac delivers a right hook in slow motion.
Landing it right on DK's face.
The mighty ape finally falls to the ground.
Crowd goes wild as Mario holds up Little Mac's arm.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
If these characters are revealed tomorrow or sometime in the future... here is how Little Mac's intro needs to happen.

There's a black screen.
A single beam of light shines down onto a shadowing figure.
It's Mario.
He is looking down so his hat creates a shadow on his face.
A microphone descends from the ceiling as he grabs it and brings it to his mouth.
He looks up and shouts "HERE WE GO!"
The lights turn on to reveal him standing in the middle of the boxing ring
Camera flashes, crowd cheering.
It is completely packed with fans.
We see a bunch of Pikmin forming an assembly line to feed Olimar popcorn.
Toon Link and Villager laughing and looking innocent.
Pit, Fox and Samus sitting together.
Cut to the exterior of arena.
We see Pikachu using electricity to power a sign that says "SMASH"
Luigi rushing to get into the stadium.
Bowser standing all mad by the door because he's not allowed in.
Go back inside
Show Mega Man and Sonic in a VIP booth looking unimpressed.
Cut to the judges table where we see an anxious Peach, Link and Kirby waiting for the match.
Kirby is inhaling a hotdog.
We see an unrecognizable figure walking out of a dark hallway with the crowd cheering and surrounding him.
Screen shows his point of view walking towards the ring as he enters through the ropes.
Suddenly a barrel is thrown from the crowd into the ring.
It explodes as our favourite fury ape emerges.
He lands with a ground shaking thud.
He begins flexing as he screams.
Crowd goes wild.
The hooded figure throws off his robe to reveal himself.
"Little Mac joins the fight"
He gets into a fighting stance with his arms up.
Out walks Wii Fit Trainer holding a "round 1 sign"
The bell rings
The two lunge at each other.
Cut to various footage of Little Mac gameplay.
Montage of Little Mac beating the **** out of DK.
Point of view of DK where his vision is getting blurry.
Switch back to view of both of them as Little Mac delivers a right hook in slow motion.
Landing it right on DK's face.
The mighty ape finally falls to the ground.
Crowd goes wild as Mario holds up Little Mac's arm.

This is actually perfect. You actually ruined Little Mac's possible reveal trailer because it just might not be as good as this.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'd love a newcomer reveal soon, and 3 at once would be awesome. I'd like Pac Man included and wouldn't mind the Miis or Little Mac. I try to be patient as I know the release is still far away but with this kind of discussion it gets me all hyped. :bee:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here's a trailer for you:

A monologue by Doc Louis about each revealed character as they enter the ring. A pink-robed figure walks into the boxing ring, rubbing his gloves. Several generic members of the audience cheer. The figure rips off his robe to reveal Little Mac! He fights against everyone as he wins triumphantly (game footage inbetween), when suddenly a floating boxing glove hits him in the face. Everyone looks to see a small Mii in the crowd. He concentrates as the other hand flies back to him, rearranges it, and then launches forward using the ropes. Gameplay footage of Mii. He and Little Mac shake hands as the others cheer them on, when suddenly the Pac-Man theme plays. The electronic signs become blue as maze-like constructions appear on their screens. Little dots appear as an 8-bit Pac-Man travels across the screen. The sign suddenly shatters as the real Pac-Man bursts out and begins chomping towards them. Gameplay footage, 3 newcomers smile and wave as they face Mario, who gulps. Logo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Here's a trailer for you:

A monologue by Doc Louis about each revealed character as they enter the ring. A pink-robed figure walks into the boxing ring, rubbing his gloves. Several generic members of the audience cheer. The figure rips off his robe to reveal Little Mac! He fights against everyone as he wins triumphantly (game footage inbetween), when suddenly a floating boxing glove hits him in the face. Everyone looks to see a small Mii in the crowd. He concentrates as the other hand flies back to him, rearranges it, and then launches forward using the ropes. Gameplay footage of Mii. He and Little Mac shake hands as the others cheer them on, when suddenly the Pac-Man theme plays. The electronic signs become blue as maze-like constructions appear on their screens. Little dots appear as an 8-bit Pac-Man travels across the screen. The sign suddenly shatters as the real Pac-Man bursts out and begins chomping towards them. Gameplay footage, 3 newcomers smile and wave as they face Mario, who gulps. Logo.
Not enough screen time for Pac-Man (there's never enough), but, otherwise, amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom