• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL OUT WAR: First Attack. Hamilton, ON Brawl/SSF4, June 12th

.decoy

Smash Ace
you kno whats sick about smash
explosions
also captain and cola is my joint mang
other than my other joints

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll be there 100% for sure tomorrow, but might be a little late... maybe half hour, an hour tops. Add me to singles entrants if I'm not there right on time please.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Tippr and I are gonna be getting there at like 12:45. Hopefully it won't be to late to enter doubles (if its still happening) cause I think we're teaming.
Also, will there be a melee setup anywhere?

TIPPR

Smash Rookie
and swordguard has beaten ally, and ally has beaten M2k, and since i beat you, who beat swordguard, then by tinman logic i am better than ally, swordguard, you and M2k

I am now the best player in the world, awesome :D

Tin Man

Smash Hero
full results?

I'd just like to say...

I ****ing beat Swordgard. I am an ICs slayer.
fixed for accuracy

and swordguard has beaten ally, and ally has beaten M2k, and since i beat you, who beat swordguard, then by Inui logic i am better than ally, swordguard, you and M2k

I am now the best player in the world, awesome :D
Also fixed for accuracy as I don't recall ever using such logic =/

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ggs guys,shououts and whatnot ill save for results thread, try and upload those matcesif you can riddle!,sorry we couldnt play =[ parental johns too good

swordgard

Smash Hero
Swordgard, way2fail. good **** holy
Yeah....

About that, next time, I want to know about this, if you guys put a no planking rule, why isn't it enforced when ice climbers are playing vs MK? And what are the actual penalties if you do so?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just for the record I didn't plank Swordgard.
You didn't plank, but you hit well above 40 LG.

Yes, I count those in my head XD.

Hype, im 100% fine with what you did, however I do not like ambiguous rules, because with a LGL I can use that to force you to approach after a set number of LG. However now I really couldn't stop you, if you felt 10 seconds was not stalling, then alright. What about when you did it 15? Or 10, then hit me then 10 again? I have a problem with the rule, you played very well within the "no planking" because no planking is 100% subjective.

You got pressured there, but also stayed there for long periods of times when you certainly did not need to, even agaisnt sopo(sopo pressures MK hardcore, I am very well aware of that, sopo is top tier for a reason!). Once again, no problem with the way you played, I have a problem with the way the rule is formulated. What you consider planking and what I consider planking might be different.

Now, I don't think thats why I lost though, I got beat on other stuff mostly. It just occurred to me that you could have stayed there for even longer, and that the time pressure was starting to show (3 minutes you still had 3 stocks I had sopo with 2 stocks) and that if you really wanted to stay there, you could have just said "hes still pressuring me to kill me!". It also seems pretty unfair to me that planking isn't fine vs falco but is vs Ics. Rules shouldn't be subjective.

sauc3

Smash Lord
nice job on iliad beatin sg, too good

and swordguard, if you have a problem with the planking rule why not post about it in the rules discussion, instead of here where it just sounds like johns.

if you guys put a no planking rule, why isn't it enforced when ice climbers are playing vs MK?
its up to you to enforce it, the TO can't watch every game.

swordgard

Smash Hero
nice job on iliad beatin sg, too good

and swordguard, if you have a problem with the planking rule why not post about it in the rules discussion, instead of here where it just sounds like johns.

its up to you to enforce it, the TO can't watch every game.
Iliad was watching O.o even if i asked, Hype could just argue hes being pressured. The rule sucks >.<

Gichan

Smash Champion
SG you got *****, stop being such a *** elitist and crying inside that you lost to someone who hasn't played in like 4 months. You're good, you play ICs, sometimes you will get ****ed up so please don't john.

And if i were to ever play you again I'd plank you so hard I would play MK. next time I'll fair you once, steal ally's bike tactic, get a tire and never approach again. ICs grabbing once and taking a stock cause of one mess up is pretty brutal. At least some players don't need grabs to win, who's that other ICs player again? the one who beat you?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Really? You guys really see what SG is saying as Johns?

swordgard said:
I don't think thats why I lost though, I got beat on other stuff mostly
SG is just being productive and trying to find ways to make the ruleset a little more clear; what have you guys done?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You didn't plank, but you hit well above 40 LG.

Yes, I count those in my head XD.

Hype, im 100% fine with what you did, however I do not like ambiguous rules, because with a LGL I can use that to force you to approach after a set number of LG. However now I really couldn't stop you, if you felt 10 seconds was not stalling, then alright. What about when you did it 15? Or 10, then hit me then 10 again? I have a problem with the rule, you played very well within the "no planking" because no planking is 100% subjective.

You got pressured there, but also stayed there for long periods of times when you certainly did not need to, even agaisnt sopo(sopo pressures MK hardcore, I am very well aware of that, sopo is top tier for a reason!). Once again, no problem with the way you played, I have a problem with the way the rule is formulated. What you consider planking and what I consider planking might be different.

Now, I don't think thats why I lost though, I got beat on other stuff mostly. It just occurred to me that you could have stayed there for even longer, and that the time pressure was starting to show (3 minutes you still had 3 stocks I had sopo with 2 stocks) and that if you really wanted to stay there, you could have just said "hes still pressuring me to kill me!". It also seems pretty unfair to me that planking isn't fine vs falco but is vs Ics. Rules shouldn't be subjective.
just beat hype at my tourney xD (35 ledge grab rule :p, although it depends on if hype comes, if he doesn't, i'll say he was scared of the LG rule :laugh: :p)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So since it doesn't seem like the full results are in any hurry to arrive, does anyone know how many people entered/what the payouts were? And can anyone fill in the missing character here so we can at least post this up in the character rankings thread?

1. Holy :metaknight:
2. Hype :metaknight:
3. Joe :metaknight:
4. tippr :marth:
5. Iliad :marth:
5. Swordgard :popo:
7. Shifu
7. Pho :toonlink:

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Swordgard no offense but I don't REALLY want to hear LG bs johns when I was forced to endure the fact that MLG rules are so ******** that I have to win EXTRA matches against you in losers due to my loss to you in winners, that my friend is far more ********.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
lol okay jules sorry for saying you werent coming when you told me that on msn after snapping on me for no reason

and you want quotes?

how about when i said "yo dude i cant bail on phil if he goes since were static partners,if he doesnt show up lets team" 2 weeks ago!

look im sorry phil is flip flopping but what can i do? stop being such a ****ing baby about this man,plans change man i cant control this stuff...nate told me last i talked to him he wasnt going,how am i supposed to know any different?

I was under the impression you werent going,and phil isnt going either i heard, so i asked nate to team since HE SAID he was looking for a partner

im sorry if i offended you sooo deeply,ill clear it up at the tournament,cool? just stop overreacting to stuff man,like you take this **** to heart wtf..
You're a ****ing idiot Joe god I can't stand you, I'm on another leave from brawl, peace out.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Avarice. I used Marth / Falco. Shifu used Diddy / Snake / MK, SG used ICs / Snake, Pho used Diddy (only used TL once IIRC)

*edit*

Also in regards to planking. No it is not legal, and it is FAR ****ing lamer than ICs chaingrab. However what I saw used against Swordgard was hardly planking as Dimmy couldn't keep a stock forget percent lead, and Hype was taking damage from iceblocks IIRC.

Also, SG, i wasn't watching your match with Hype. I was busy making sure other matches were going properly and watching Tippr vs Pho to see who I would be facing next. If I'd seen a great deal of your match and hype was super planking, I would have DQed him.

Hype

Smash Lord
@SG: I see what you're saying. I think a LG rule that only comes into effect if the game goes to time is better than a "no planking rule" since you can objectively see when it's been broken.

@Tinman: At your tourney, would this LG rule only come into effect if the game goes to time? Also, I probably am coming to your tourney.

So since it doesn't seem like the full results are in any hurry to arrive, does anyone know how many people entered/what the payouts were? And can anyone fill in the missing character here so we can at least post this up in the character rankings thread?

1. Holy :metaknight:
2. Hype :metaknight:
3. Joe :metaknight:
5. Iliad :marth:
5. Swordgard :popo:
7. Shifu
7. Pho :toonlink:
29 entrants

1. Holy ($175)
2. Hype ($85)
3. Joe ($30)

Shifu used diddy and snake from what I saw.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Swordgard no offense but I don't REALLY want to hear LG bs johns when I was forced to endure the fact that MLG rules are so ******** that I have to win EXTRA matches against you in losers due to my loss to you in winners, that my friend is far more ********.
I would rather have no no planking rule than the one we had, my issues is with the subjectivity of the rule, giving people a fake "no planking" rule is worst than no rule at all imo. I just felt like it wasn't cool that Hype could have stayed there longer(I mean the only time I thought he was a bit too much was when i was sopo and he was still on the ledge XD). I would rather play hype in a match where its clear planking is allowed, or that there is a LGL. Heck, I am actually against the LGL because it is still subjective(why is 50 LG fine but not 51...). However, a rule in itself which leaves open to interpretation is really bad. Iliad could DQ hype if he was doing the same thing to a falco, and I am sure some people would call hype on staying on the ledge just a bit too much if it was against them. I just don't like how he basically COULD have stayed on the ledge for as long as he wants, with a rule that says he shouldn't.

Now about MLG rules, are you seriously johnning about them when you were playing MK against ice climbers? Castle siege first match? What about Brinstar? Or norfair? Or PS2?! My 2 cps were I go "even" are SV and BF, then I have none where I can actually go even(well I do think ics-MK is 55-45 MK). You had 2 auto win stages, plus a starting stage in your favor. What more do you want? Yes, the continuation set should not exist, except the rules favor you way more than they favor me compared to other tournaments(although I do believe MLG is closer to accurate than most tourneys).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
ok so:

29 entrants (wtf Brawl had more entrants than ssfiv?)

1. Holy ($175) :metaknight:
2. Hype ($85) :metaknight:
3. Joe ($30) :metaknight:
5. Iliad :marth: :falco:
5. Swordgard :popo: :snake:
7. Shifu :diddy: :snake: :metaknight:
7. Pho :diddy:

Thanks Iliad and Hype.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
I don't recall ever using MK in bracket, used it randomly for fun in friendlies only. Didn't even pull it out on rainbow cruise... =/

Top Bottom