• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALL OUT WAR: First Attack. Hamilton, ON Brawl/SSF4, June 12th

Tin Man

Smash Hero
@Tinman: At your tourney, would this LG rule only come into effect if the game goes to time? Also, I probably am coming to your tourney.
  1. 35 ledge grabs, once a person has passed 35 grabs, if the timer runs, that player automatically loses regardless of stock and percent. If both players go over and the timer runs, winner determined by 1st stock then percent
  2. I'll put you down as a Maybe
  3. Shifu, you reachin mah tourney as well?
  4. DOC, DON'T QUIT AGAIN, UR BREAKIN MY BALLS BRO, REACH MAH TOURNEY LOL

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Shut the **** up Tinaye. God.
U guys are almost month late. How long do I have to stfu for? I've been quite for an entire week after my tourney and nothing. Alberta gets their **** done in 4 days.

yeah i dont even know what jacking/smoking weed off is
it sounds pretty sweet though, just saying
jacking off/smoking weed, lol my bad

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Lmao Tin Man. Why do you care so much about a PR update? So you can get a spot on it to show you are better than the rest of the bad players in GTA? Sorry but no one in GTA is good except maybe Doc and now he's not playing. Everyone else is baaaad, including you; and it makes me want to punch a baby every time I see you say something like

the fact that I'm good at this game
Good compared to the rest of the scrubs? Sure. But in the grand scheme of things we're all scrubs.

Doc is probably good. Hype, Joe, and Phil are all just on the borderline of being good but Phil doesn't seem to be playing anymore. Everyone else is bad. Sauga's bad, Hamilton's bad, Toronto's bad, Scarbs is bad; there are only 4 people (3 without Phil and 2 without Doc) in our entire scene who would have even a remote chance out of making it out of pools at APEX and unless they were to step it up significantly before then none of them would break last place in bracket without getting a lucky 1st round.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no good at playing this game either, but I've learned a lot (thanks Swordgard btw) about gauging the skill level of players as I watch them and trust me - everyone in this scene save the above 4 mentioned people is stupid as hell when it comes to this game.

I really wish it weren't like this; being great at this game is still one of my most sought-after goals, but I'm not good and neither is the competition around here so reaching that goal isn't going to happen until everyone steps it up.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lmao Tin Man. Why do you care so much about a PR update? So you can get a spot on it to show you are better than the rest of the bad players in GTA? Sorry but no one in GTA is good except maybe Doc and now he's not playing. Everyone else is baaaad, including you; and it makes me want to punch a baby every time I see you say something like

Good compared to the rest of the scrubs? Sure. But in the grand scheme of things we're all scrubs.

Doc is probably good. Hype, Joe, and Phil are all just on the borderline of being good but Phil doesn't seem to be playing anymore. Everyone else is bad. Sauga's bad, Hamilton's bad, Toronto's bad, Scarbs is bad; there are only 4 people (3 without Phil and 2 without Doc) in our entire scene who would have even a remote chance out of making it out of pools at APEX and unless they were to step it up significantly before then none of them would break last place in bracket without getting a lucky 1st round.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no good at playing this game either, but I've learned a lot (thanks Swordgard btw) about gauging the skill level of players as I watch them and trust me - everyone in this scene save the above 4 mentioned people is stupid as hell when it comes to this game.

I really wish it weren't like this; being great at this game is still one of my most sought-after goals, but I'm not good and neither is the competition around here so reaching that goal isn't going to happen until everyone steps it up.
Well tbh montreal is garbage too. KKong is officially 4th on our PR(excluding ally).

Take no offence to this kingkong, but bowser is a garbage character. You shouldn't be able to place that high >.<.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Swordgard respond to me on msn god dammit, i wanna talk about sherbrooke

Avarice, regardless of how good i think I am, that doesn't make an excuse for the PR to not be updated. And do you really wanna know wh I want it updated so badly?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
And do you really wanna know wh I want it updated so badly?
If you tell everyone why you want it updated, and its a good reason, that will make them want to update it more right?

So then yes, do tell.

Otherwise I suggest just stop caring. This is a community of videogamers, its not far fetched to say that a lot of us are lazy by nature.
EDIT: As well as the fact that this PR really means next to nothing to us, compared to RL, so yeah

Oh yeah, and Avarice, that is the most discouraging thing I have ever read, mostly because I know its true...

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Oh yeah, and Avarice, that is the most discouraging thing I have ever read, mostly because I know its true...
I don't want it to be discouraging, but I know that's how it's going to be interpreted. Try to think of it as "There's still a lot of room for everyone to improve and no one has reached a high plateau yet" and maybe it will seem more sunshiney and lollipoppy.

Keep in mind that I'm bad at this game too (mostly because my reactions and exectution are unspeakably terrible), so I'm not trying to put anyone beneath me. Most of you are significantly better than me and you don't need me to tell you this, but I've reached a level of understanding with regards to this game that I can watch a match between two players, tell you when every mistake is made, tell you whether every mistake was a result of an accidentally flubbed input, a poor understanding of the game, or a lack of matchup knowledge. I can't really quantify this, but I can say that the average player in GTA is significantly behind the average player in most regions. Everyone playing this game makes mistakes though (don't let anyone tell you m2k doesn't make mistakes; he does), we just need to make less of them.

Cruxis

Smash Lord

the sooner you realize this, the sooner you can stop caring about the PR and stop wasting money and time on this stupid game

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Way to forget people like Me and Ambrose avarice :laugh:

I'm good when I'm actually playing the game outside of tournament. Apex era kinda proved that ;) As for me right now, I'm terribly rusty, but I can still beat most the same people. Would have to get back on some practice in order to do well in the US though.

As for your point in general, its true. But its definitely a terrible attitude to adopt.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
ive been talking about improving/practicing for a while the lack of incentive to get better is whats holding us back

some peeps wont even use their main in friendlies lol

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Iunno, Avarice makes it sound like there is only good and bad, and that the good players are a small exclusive group. Iunno about that. Looking at pound 4, all 48 ppl who made the bracket were great players minimum. I noticed good players who didn't even make the bracket. Pro's would make it to the top of the bracket and excel where great players don't. And then there are Godlike players who placed top 3.

I think you can still be good if you don't make the bracket. like at least making 2nd round pools is enough to say that your good at brawl imo.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Well tbh montreal is garbage too. KKong is officially 4th on our PR(excluding ally).

Take no offence to this kingkong, but bowser is a garbage character. You shouldn't be able to place that high >.<.
Im not offenced at all, I actually agree with you. Bowser sucks, I had good times with him but if I really want to win. I must use a high tier character or playing really really gay and thats what im starting to do ( lol at dedede vs dk on castle siege). You showed me how the game works and how mistakes are beeing made like avarice. I can see a match and see a lot of bad things. Me actually fourth on the PR is kinda sad, not saying people sucks or something like this, but if everybody was playing to win the PR will seem like Holy wants. A lot of metaknights... and not bowser beeing 4th. Im pretty sure other regions will laugh really loudly at us when seeing bowser in the pr... thats why I really want to play to win. I want to be a really good player, beeing able to pass all the pools at apex. I know it will be hard but not impossible even if I cant train that much :(

.Marik

is a social misfit
well, tbh montreal is garbage too. KKong is officially 4th on our PR(excluding ally).

I disagree with your reasoning.

King Kong does play a garbage character, but that alone makes him better for being able to win.

However, if he does place that high, in spite of glaring disadvantages, it's evident of his skill level being significantly higher.

The real problem lies with surrounding players being unable to beat such a "mediocre" character.

King Kong deserves the placing. Tier whores just need to get better and play even more gay.

SRTM

Smash Ace
the only time I play brawl now is during tourney's.
Other than that, it doesn't really hold my interest anymore.
Like Joe said, no incentive to play. The future is ssf4, get on that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
**** right srtm. I did try to get better at brawl man, I just am a natural scrub. And I know this is the same for many people who disappear in our scene, they train hard then lose to someone who says "I dont even play this game". Quite ****ing discouraging. Your good, your good, you suck, you suck end of story. You can try to get better all you want if you were to be that good then so be it, otherwise gtfo.

Regardless, ssfiv is indeed the future.

Top Bottom