• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All prepare for battle

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Well, this should have started in December but it seems that it will start in February thanks to the delay in the release.

Lots of you don't know who I am nor care for that matter. That is fine. However, I would like everyone to prepare for battle. Brawl will give a new life to Link. I want to make sure everyone understands that we must prepare for an all new battle.

A majority of you showed up in Link's prime, when the knowledge gathered through countless battles were passed down to everyone. However in a couple of months all that knowledge could be useless. Things might not change at all. Link might still be the same in every regard except for a few aspects. However, this might not be true. We all might have to start all over again. There are new enemies, new physics, new items, new stages. Most of yall that will stick with it, will finally understand the hardships most of vets went through with Link. You have tons of Link players now. It used to be SS4Ricky and I. Then Garde, then after that I have no idea I think Germ showed up then Aniki. Those are the big names now. However there are still tons of players that use Link proudly.

If things change, and hardships come, how many of you will stick with it? How many of you will put your all into Link to bring him to the top? That will be the next thing I come across. Link has the potential to be at the top in this game. He has the potential to rule all thanks to just a few small changes that are in Brawl.

Boomerang with the gail wind. The ability to charge up the Up+B. The bombs seem to have more impact to them. However few may have noticed this one and this change will be by far the most helpful in the long run. Because of the Character image change to twilight princess. The master sword is longer. Not A LOT longer. Long enough for anyone who plays Link as a main to notice a big change. For everyone else its a small change.

The fact that the sword is longer brings a lot of hardships to an end. Spacing in the game was hard for any Link. Even if we had a sword we were still in attack range, and almost all of you have probably went through a situation going, if the blade was a little longer I could have avoided that attack or actually connected with it. The range of the blade is at an optimal distance now.

So please, everyone prepare for the worse and the best. The hardest or easiest fight in your new careers. If Link is brought down, we will have more hardships, if he is the new Top character then everyone will start using him and we will have to battle one of the most adaptable people in the game.

A new war begins, are you prepared for what is coming?

Zarelid

Smash Lord
man kenshin you were my first target for Link you were the first Link I had my eyes on to beating, on the road to top Link players. then you disappeared, now comes brawl and my eyes are set on the top of the Link players haha don't get in my way.

lolz

see you on the battlefield

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, I noticed it back in the second trailer, the master sword was noticably larger. The same thoughts of spacing ran through my head. Plus now gale boomerang combos, possibly bomb combos like Y.Link due to the heavier impact as well as an increased throwing distance. Along with a faster charging bow with more impact and noticibly quicker tilt moves, Link might just be a high tier character.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I really wish they would show his dash so we can try and gauge his footspeed....

Is it just me or does the master sword also seem wider too? I mean look at the first trailer when he does the plant, it seems almost as wide as link himself...

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I noticed it back in the second trailer, the master sword was noticably larger. The same thoughts of spacing ran through my head. Plus now gale boomerang combos, possibly bomb combos like Y.Link due to the heavier impact as well as an increased throwing distance. Along with a faster charging bow with more impact and noticibly quicker tilt moves, Link might just be a high tier character.
perfectly put

the length of the master sword was one of the first things i saw when i swa the trailers and the gameplay vids.

I hope not everyoen starts using him though i take pridei n my link as well as im sure everyone else here does too and even if he truly is SCHAAAAAAAAA tier next game he would be broken and that sucks

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Very well put Kenshin. We have a lot of research to do when this game comes out, and whether Link is top tier material or not, we must stick with him until we give him a respectable place.

D

Deleted member

let me think....ive been using link since 64. pretty much after that ill still main link even if he's in a wheelchair,

hyrule 4 life b****es

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Kratos, I noticed what you said :). I just haven't had the chance to verify if the sword plant looks bigger. I hope it does, because that would mean bigger hit box. But now for what I was getting at.

It's nice to see the brethren of the Tri-Force Of Courage taking to arms. It has been said in this forum that people who choose low tiers such as Link are suggesting that they are unique and "honorable". Believing that the choice we made, was made because we think that using a top tier character is cheating in some respect. Anyone who believes that is sadly mistaken . Honor and uniqueness are just the emotions we have as we choose our weapon for battle.

The thing that gave birth to low tiers and to Link most of all was the fact that people said it couldn't be done. You all see the potential that is there and for so long have we all tried to unlock all that is hidden away in the Tri-Force of Courage.

Greatness, determination, and an undying will is formed from words "It can't be done." or "It's not possible". How do they know? They haven't tried. They fester with it for a couple of hours and find out its too hard. Then they switch to something else. What are they doing? They say the tech level to control fox, falco, or any of the top tier characters is high. How can it be that high if anyone spending a couple of weeks on it can achieve? Is it hard? Yes, I'm not saying that it doesn't require skill. However, it doesn't require anything more than practice.

How do you practice instant adaptability? How do you practice split second decisions that decide life or death? The Top players of our community use many characters, but only to defeat certain characters. It is usually 1 character to fight 1 or 2 other characters. How many of them do you see not switching characters mid matches? That is a beautiful tactic though, using something to give you more advantages is what you should do. The rule is anything to win right? These are matches for a Title, and winning is everything. They took the short road and everyones winning. In a fight or in a war, you do what it takes to win, the shortest road is always the best one.

What we all still trying to accomplish with Link is to reach the end of that impossible road. The road that shows no mercy or forgiveness. For when the time comes and someone does reach the end, he will rule the community with the Master Sword. Counter characters will be non-existent, and thusly the short road everyone has taken will be for naught. For no amount of switching characters will help them. While everyone else is just "practicing" with characters, there are the elite, a select few who know one simple rule.

You can not practice with Link. You can only Master him.

How many of y'all will again attempt the impossible and become the Master?

D

Deleted member

kenshin again is the only person on these forums to captivate what being a link player is all about.

Zoro

Smash Champion
Tight

Never abandon link again

Actually link looks nastee in brawl
Powerful

we'll see

Zarelid

Smash Lord
well I played Link in brawl Dark Links sooo badass but i play Green Link always lol, anyways new Link combo take notes down throw TRIFORCE SLASH!! works lol

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
i jus hope all the fools hoo neva thought of playin wit him decide he'll b there main.....its jus not cool....all us fans hoo bin playin link since ssb then these noobs come out of nowhere nd discover his greatness..........................on the otha hand i like fightin otha link players

4 Aces

Smash Ace
kenshin again is the only person on these forums to captivate what being a link player is all about.
So true.

That f-tilt was pretty large...I guess I wasn't paranoid after all. Marth's range for Link - I like the sound of that.

Man, Link still is one of my best characters; I've been using him since SSB64.

Link is a character that takes a long time to master. Other characters take some time too, but Link just is more orientated around experience rather than tech skill (still just as important though).

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I wander into the Link forums because of boredom and see the words of a familiar, almost forgotten foe... Kenshin, you probably don't even remember me, but our paths have crossed many times on my journey through Smash.

Though I do not main Link; Luigi is my character of choice, but we players of so-called 'weaker' characters do share a similar philosophy:

We play the characters we chose not for some hackneyed search of glory or honor. No we play them because we love them. We KNOW the have the potential to own as much as any other character. It is the quest to unlock that hidden potential that drives us forward.
Our path is not an easy one, but it is a fulfilling one.

Anyway, it is good to see that Smashers both past and present will be coming together at least for a time in the future that Brawl will provide. I'll be glad to test my mettle against you once more...

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
I wander into the Link forums because of boredom and see the words of a familiar, almost forgotten foe... Kenshin, you probably don't even remember me, but our paths have crossed many times on my journey through Smash.

Though I do not main Link; Luigi is my character of choice, but we players of so-called 'weaker' characters do share a similar philosophy:

We play the characters we chose not for some hackneyed search of glory or honor. No we play them because we love them. We KNOW the have the potential to own as much as any other character. It is the quest to unlock that hidden potential that drives us forward.

Anyway, it is good to see that Smashers both past and present will be coming together at least for a time in the future that Brawl will provide. I'll be glad to test my mettle against you once more...
wow... but your right

D

Deleted member

that was beautiful man *wipes tear*

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
As I do apologize ahead of time. I do not remember the name. If we crossed paths once, I doubt I would forget the face of a man who played a Luigi. Very few Luigi's have I momentarily shared the battlefield with, only to leave with cuts, bruises, and a ringing in my ears *PING*. Honestly, every person I have fought that used Luigi was a hard match for me. Fighting you guys was something I seriously enjoyed but dreaded all the same. If I did one wrong move all I get to here is a PING and a Link on fire flying into the sky.

The gathering for smash will bring old and new together. I used to boast about being the Best Link in the nation during my time. I played some smashers here in Dallas just last week. I must say I got annihilated. Even by their own crews Link. I could say not playing the game for 2 to 3 years, or that my opponents played competitively regularly for a year was my downfall, but the end result is that I was humbled to the point that I felt like I did when I first picked smash up.....a noob. Strangely enough, I was happy about this. I was actually overly excited by the results of what happen. It showed me how great everyone had gotten. Since my retirement I might have stopped by a house or 2 to play a few matches to test the rumors of so called godly players only to witness their faces when they understand how vast the competitive world is, even as my skills have deteriorated to the point I couldn't L cancel or even tech roll anymore. (Yes I suck that badly now)

This is not an insult to whom it may concern but understand, we vets were in the glory days of smash. You could say were are the adults of the smash community. We slowly stepped into the shadows to watch how the new generation would handle what we passed on to it. After that article in Nintendo power about Smashboards. It flooded with new face and names. However how many of them are actual smashers and not fanboys? How many of them carry the heart of a smasher in today's world? As vast as it became, it seemed lost at the same time. It became a place for people to be noobs. Where someone would post one worded replies to up their post count, or start a flame war because he wanted to act like an idiot.

However, I'm still overjoyed about everything. Losing horrible to some decent smashers, even some of the flames in the forums dying down and smarter posts being made. It really does look like everyone is coming back together for Brawl. Veterans and the New Generation of smashers will make a new and stronger community.

Past and Present, old and new, the smashers heart is never ending. As we all gather once more, and prepare for a fight.....for a BRAWL.

Lets all make something new........with Link at the throne of course :).

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
You know, I was thinking about attempting to make something inspirational for smash to come, but I don't think that this can be topped. At the very best matched but that won't happen. =] Bravo. Bravo indeed.

And although I may be relatively new to these boards, please keep in mind that I have been a Link mainer for years, with the same knowledge of it being an uphill battle. Not for glory, not for attention, but only for the love and loyalty of the game; and the love and loyalty towards the character I use.

May Link earn his respectful spot in Brawl! We have the top and left of the golden power in us, all we need now is the right; and that should be enough to acheive our sacred goal!

CoM_Sreenath

Smash Rookie
why has no one mentioned how this has already been proven (how mastering Link makes him just as good if not better than any other character in the game)

Aniki 1-2 stocks ken's marth with his link almost all the time, losing to him once in a while.

he also beats Isai's and Mashashi's Fox.

he beats Captain Jack's Sheik

he beats Mikaels Peach

and he beats Bombsoldier's falco

what else is there to say? link ftw.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
Lots of you don't know who I am nor care for that matter.
i've known of you for a long time; a few years at least--any veteran should know you.

Link has the potential to be at the top in this game. He has the potential to rule all thanks to just a few small changes that are in Brawl.
however, this comment bothers me. according to your logic--since no one knows what brawl will be like--every character has potential to rule thanks to just a few small changes that are in brawl. in other words: don't assume.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Kratos, I noticed what you said :). I just haven't had the chance to verify if the sword plant looks bigger. I hope it does, because that would mean bigger hit box. But now for what I was getting at.
Well look at the very first trailer, it looks to me that when he does his dair that the sword is wide as link himself....

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Guys can we all just be serious real quick there's a lot of stupidity hidden within a well crafted paragraph sometimes ;)

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Brawl will give a new life to Link. I want to make sure everyone understands that we must prepare for an all new battle.
Not a completely new life, just a different take on opponents and crap. His moves are OF THE SAME ****ING CONCEPT!

A majority of you showed up in Link's prime, when the knowledge gathered through countless battles were passed down to everyone. However in a couple of months all that knowledge could be useless.
Holy **** didn't you just contradict yourself? My god...

Things might not change at all. Link might still be the same in every regard except for a few aspects.
GET TO THE ****ING POINT ALREADY!

However, this might not be true. We all might have to start all over again. There are new enemies, new physics, new items, new stages.
And most of us don't play with certain stages, or items, OR FREAKING PHYSICS THAT MAKES NO SENSE!

Most of yall that will stick with it, will finally understand the hardships most of vets went through with Link. You have tons of Link players now. It used to be SS4Ricky and I. Then Garde, then after that I have no idea I think Germ showed up then Aniki. Those are the big names now. However there are still tons of players that use Link proudly.
I like it that you estimate how old people here have been playing Link for. Just because they may be new to the forum DOES NOT I REPEAT DOES NOT mean they haven't been playing Link for a long time. You basically just assumed the whole Link community was new. Geez...

If things change, and hardships come, how many of you will stick with it? How many of you will put your all into Link to bring him to the top? That will be the next thing I come across. Link has the potential to be at the top in this game. He has the potential to rule all thanks to just a few small changes that are in Brawl.
Didn't you just say this?

Boomerang with the gail wind. The ability to charge up the Up+B. The bombs seem to have more impact to them. However few may have noticed this one and this change will be by far the most helpful in the long run. Because of the Character image change to twilight princess. The master sword is longer. Not A LOT longer. Long enough for anyone who plays Link as a main to notice a big change. For everyone else its a small change.
Yeah, why isn't this in the Brawl disussion for Link?

The fact that the sword is longer brings a lot of hardships to an end. Spacing in the game was hard for any Link. Even if we had a sword we were still in attack range, and almost all of you have probably went through a situation going, if the blade was a little longer I could have avoided that attack or actually connected with it. The range of the blade is at an optimal distance now.
Again, you're making new ****ing assumptions that make little sense. Wavedashing cures the problem of spacing, so I really don't udnerstand the wall of text I just quoted.

So please, everyone prepare for the worse and the best. The hardest or easiest fight in your new careers. If Link is brought down, we will have more hardships, if he is the new Top character then everyone will start using him and we will have to battle one of the most adaptable people in the game.
You make it sound like it's the end of the world if Link isn't amazing in the new game. Tone it down.

A new war begins, are you prepared for what is coming?
-IT'S NOT A FREAKING WAR! IT'S A VIDEO GAME!
-If Link (and brawl altogether for that matter) is going to be like what you assumed him to be, I'm going to have an extremely tough time finding out how to spin attack. Because the wall of text you just wrote makes hardly any sense.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I will atempt the impossible and succeed. There is only two reasons why Link isn't top tier. One, not alot of people have the patience to master him. Sure he's slow but that's not a good reason not to master him. He's well balanced. Also people complain about using his projectiles and that they can't get enough space to use them. Link isn't a slouch in close combat and in my opion has the best Shffl combos. But that's getting into different topic. The second reason is that not a lot of Link players go to tournaments. That's dissapionting but I am also to blame. But I'm going to start hosting tournament and I'm hosting a tournament at my school. If all of us Link go to tournametns, the Link will certainly move up the tier list.

As for Brawl. Is doesn't matter what happens, I'm maining Link. From what I've heard, he's gotten better in everyway except his Spin attack is not longer a spike attack. Even though Edge gaurding will be a tad harder, I'm sure Link's other upgrade will make up for it.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
I will atempt the impossible and succeed.
No you won't.

There is only two reasons why Link isn't top tier. One, not alot of people have the patience to master him.
Yeah... okay?

The second reason is that not a lot of Link players go to tournaments.
THAT'S THE SAME ****ING REASON AS THE FIRST ONE!

But I'm going to start hosting tournament and I'm hosting a tournament at my school. If all of us Link go to tournametns, the Link will certainly move up the tier list.
Yeah, because winning a tourney at some kid's school will DEFINITELY make Link advance through the tiers. In all honesty, who gives a **** about the tiers? Why do any of you care where your character is on the tier list? If you care THAT MUCH about character placement on the tiers, then you don't deserve to even be skillful at the game.

Wow, you really attempted the impossible and succeded real well.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
No you won't.

Yeah... okay?

THAT'S THE SAME ****ING REASON AS THE FIRST ONE!

Yeah, because winning a tourney at some kid's school will DEFINITELY make Link advance through the tiers. In all honesty, who gives a **** about the tiers? Why do any of you care where your character is on the tier list? If you care THAT MUCH about character placement on the tiers, then you don't deserve to even be skillful at the game.

Wow, you really attempted the impossible and succeded real well.
Seems as if we have a clown. Well fuker, you are right about who cares about the tiers but it seems as if that's what all Smashers care about these days. It is pretty stupid to judge by the tier list but must people won't listen to reason, only tier list. Well since you say I won't succeed then me and you can go take it Wi-fi niga. But I doubt you have the balls to, bish. So if you want to get your a$$ kicked on Smash, I'll show you what's good.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Seems as if we have a clown. Well fuker, you are right about who cares about the tiers but it seems as if that's what all Smashers care about these days. It is pretty stupid to judge by the tier list but must people won't listen to reason, only tier list. Well since you say I won't succeed then me and you can go take it Wi-fi niga. But I doubt you have the balls to, bish. So if you want to get your a$$ kicked on Smash, I'll show you what's good.
You basically just agreed with me and said that you'd beat me. That's always a good arguement.

Top Bottom