• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All prepare for battle

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
This post assures me that my burning hatred for SmashBrudda is not unwarranted. You are a prime example of one of the reasons why I have no hope in humanity.

Furthermore, to TC, I find it insulting that you don't think people are repping Link at tournaments. Your naivety will be your downfall.
I meant to say"I don't say nerd to offend people". I say ***** all the but time but I'm not trying to offend anybody even if I'm degrading my own race. You have hope in humanity because you'll be the boss of some company give people jobs. Plus I do know tha tthere are people repping Link at tournaments but not enough.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
lol wtf is up with smashbrudda ***** be soundin like a busta haha

anyways replying to mr.c post WOW whata ****

Mr.C

Smash Master
lol wtf is up with smashbrudda ***** be soundin like a busta haha

anyways replying to mr.c post WOW whata ****
?? I asked him a simple question "If he was still good" because I haven't seen him at a tournament since moast3.

Quit hating Trev...all you ever do is flame me lol and I never even do anything to you.... quit acting like a little school girl god****

Zarelid

Smash Lord
lol I'm not flamin you ***** please I was just acknowledging you bein a **** lolz as a joke i still <3 you lolz! but chill out maaaaaaan

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I know I stated in one of my posts about people just showing up and posting nonsense just to get their post count up or to aggravate other people. Stating I am contradicting myself when I am just stating things from all points of views. As with all things there is not one way but multiple ways. I could be assuming that just because a few changes showed up for Link that those changes also happened for other characters thus possibly making them top tier and not Link. The changes made to Link were what we needed, what most of us hoped would happen. Thus concluding that our chances to finally be at the top of the game were possible since what held us back has been fixed. It's not a question that everyone else's game changed, its just that we finally have some of what we needed.

Example, The fight between Link and other characters in meelee is like bringing a knife, or sword :), to a gun fight. Its possible but highly difficult to pull off. Now it could be believed that we finally got the gun we needed and everyone else got an automatic. In that concept we have a better chance then what we had last time since all we have to be is a better shot then the other person.

To clarify something else spacing is not based on wavedashing, if it was then bowser should have no problem spacing other characters as long as he wavedashes. Your rants have no logic behind them. Your the type of poster that just comes to forums to quote other people and spout one liners "blah blah blah your wrong blah blah blah something stupid". You don't state opinions as opinions are ideas or beliefs backed by logic or reason that is believed to be true by the set individual. You haven't said anything that is worth to be called an opinion.

Just because we don't play with certain items and stages doesn't mean only half of the game applies. Items are always a factor since some characters have projectiles, stages even the ones we don't play on are still important since somethings learned in certain stages can be used in other stages.

I don't care if your not here to make friends, just please don't stupid and ignorant because you can be. Since arguing online is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, your still ********. So please get the sand out of that ****** of yours and don't ruin what everyone is coming together and working towards to enjoy.

*Edit* I also wanted to discuss the move sets and physics in the vids with Link but I have to do that another time. Take care everyone and have fun playing the game.

Sliq

Smash Master
I meant to say"I don't say nerd to offend people". I say ***** all the but time but I'm not trying to offend anybody even if I'm degrading my own race. You have hope in humanity because you'll be the boss of some company give people jobs. Plus I do know tha tthere are people repping Link at tournaments but not enough.
You completely missed the whole point of my post.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
You haven't said anything that is worth to be called an opinion.
Saying that other people's opinion isn't worth crap by stating your own doesn't make you look smart you know.

I don't care if your not here to make friends, just please don't stupid and ignorant because you can be. Since arguing online is like running in the special Olympics. Even if you win, your still ********. So please get the sand out of that ****** of yours and don't ruin what everyone is coming together and working towards to enjoy.
I really get the feeling that this is solely directed towards me. Quit sounding like a staff member, I also like it that you relate posting on a gaming forum is like participating the special olympics. It's kinda funny, actually, because you're basically saying that if everyone doesn't make some kind of giant comtribution to this FAQ of yours, they should get out. I've stated this before, and I'll do it again. The whole Link boards FAQ contribution thing has been going on for a while, you're just trying to gain attention by bringing the stupid idea back. Obviously you haven't been around the link boards long enough or you would've realized that most of the threads are arbitrary questions like the following, "how do i wavedash? does wavedashing help me? how do i make a smart topic" That's the kind of BS that results here. OR, we get some idiot trying to discuss brawl Link in here, which is even worse.

*Edit* I also wanted to discuss the move sets and physics in the vids with Link but I have to do that another time. Take care everyone and have fun playing the game.

Honest to god who cares about freaking move sets with physics in a video game anywa? geez...

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* Last time I will respond to clear things up with you.

First off, opinions that are stated with nothing to back it up aren't opinions, their statements which can be called gibberish, or just plain stupidity. Case in point, Someone writes up a whole debate on why solar energy is better then using power plants and fossil fuels. Your response would probably be along the lines of "No I don't think so, your stupid"......wow....excellent opinion.

I don't care about attention as much as you do. I've been here since 2002 and my post count is about half yours, I also don't post only to flame someone just to start something ********. When I decide to post I want to make sure I'm posting something that is beneficial for everyone and I make sure to at least try and clear my points so people can understand.

Contribution or everyone trying to get back together for something isn't a stupid idea nor is it a lost cause. Everything was already done in Meelee before yall showed up. None of the big names were around when the Link forums were made. This whole site used to be "Discussion, Tournaments, back room" Thats generally about it. When all the characters got their own specific forums most of the big names retired, or retired shortly after. Before everyone disappeared we actually had valid discussions and threads.

Almost everyone is coming back for the brawl. Everyone coming back will generate new discussions, new guides, new stuff that everyone will again be apart of. Since its a new game. The post's and threads of "how do i wavedash? does wavedashing help me? how do i make a smart topic" are from new players. Those type of topics you tell people to go read and search the boards. However you would like no more than to flame a person and aggravate them with stupidity.

Why would anyone care about move sets and physics behind a game.....gee....I wonder....maybe because like all things in life things are competitive. Video games are competitive. It's like any other sport that requires certain skills and talents to accomplish. We just don't require a lot of moving around :), mostly thumbs and fingers with the occasionally wrist and arm. Some people play to win, some play to have fun, some have fun playing to win. Whatever it is theres competition involved. Blah blah gamers have no life blah blah. Anyone who is anyone thats good at gaming can make a good living. 100k prizes for first place in freaking Madden football. MADDEN. Not to mention other games.

I'm not a staff member nor do I want to be. Keeping up with flamers like you is a full time job and I really don't want to waste my time with it. I would however like it if you would actually discuss things instead of just quoting and then spouting gibberish that has nothing to back anything up. You don't think its going to get done, then don't post on it. If you have to then give out your opinions with something "This isn't going to work because people are too lazy and it has happened before. *example to back up your argument*" Don't be a douche and just go off yelling at people or stating that their wrong or their ideas are stupid. If you want to be treated as a person with an individual with something to contribute to the argument then act civil. If you want to be treated like a tard with nothing better to do then flame then you will be. I'm more than willing to discuss things with you as I am with any person that replies to my threads or posts.

I said it once I'll say it again. Brawl is coming out, lets rock and roll peeps. Lets all work together and try to make Link the best character.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
You completely missed the whole point of my post.
What point did I miss.

I hosted a tournament and my school yesterday, which of course I won. There were 30 people there which 5 never played the game before or sucked *** at. 12 of the contestants serious at it and the rest were good but not at a competive level with their weak combos, edgegaurding, shffling, the kind of people who think taking on 2 or 3 computer level 9's make you an automatic pro.. Only a few people were wavedashing. And most of the people there were Nerds so I felt out of place. I was trying to get my friend to film the tournament but I was so busy managing it, I didn't get to direct his filming and he only filmed two matches of people who sucked ***. But he got me rapping on there though, got to love hip hop. Good thing I will be holding Melee tournaments at my school twice a month so I can film the best matches and make viciouse combo videos.

My friend is sitll going to try to put the video on youtube but you were right, the vids will suck as because none of the good people there were taped. But don't worry, I have some sick vids before Brawl comes out.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
maybe because like all things in life things are competitive. Video games are competitive. It's like any other sport that requires certain skills and talents to accomplish.
That's quite a statement you're saying. I'm not going to get into a debate with you over religion and life beliefs with you in a gaming forum. Stop relating this to some philosophical thinking you just thought up.

"This isn't going to work because people are too lazy and it has happened before. *example to back up your argument*"
Well, if I can back up my argument with something sufficent enough to get my point across then I'm right by all means. If I have an example, then it makes you look like an idiot for re-trying something that's already been done.

Don't be a douche and just go off yelling at people or stating that their wrong or their ideas are stupid.
I like it how you say this and you have nothing to show for it.

If you want to be treated as a person with an individual with something to contribute to the argument then act civil. If you want to be treated like a tard with nothing better to do then flame then you will be. I'm more than willing to discuss things with you as I am with any person that replies to my threads or posts.
I'm willing to discuss things in a civil way, provided you do the same. Also, I honestly truely don't care what people think of me here. As I've said before in the past I don't come here to make friends, I get info by lurking on stickied and important threads I find are useful, I look in here (the Link boards), see what idiots have come here and posted wastefully, call them on it, and hope that they take my posts are constructive critisism and not do it again. You need to realize this.

Sliq

Smash Master
What point did I miss..
1.) You label people with negatively connotative and denotative words, but then say, "just playing," and thinks that makes it OK.

2.) Anyone who 'acts' like "a tough guy thug" is a shithead.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
1.) You label people with negatively connotative and denotative words, but then say, "just playing," and thinks that makes it OK.

2.) Anyone who 'acts' like "a tough guy thug" is a shithead.
Alright, my bad if I offended you.

Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
As the smoke slowly clears we see the bodies of challengers from far and wide piled up high into the sky. As many would line up to gaze upon the mountain of defeated warriors, they notice a lone figure standing firmly on top of it all. He is bruised, cut, and ultimately exhausted, yet there he stands. With a shield in one hand and a mighty blade in the other. They all ask who is the mighty swordsman who defeated so many. Then a soft glow shines on his hand, they notice the shape of a Triangle and know he is the warrior of light. The carrier of the Tri-Force of Courage, Link.

As many are dusting off their controllers getting ready for another area in time when their skills will be tested, there are others who have been keeping up the fight. But in just a few weeks we all gather again. A greater force will appear on a new battlefield. Filled with the old and new warriors of the Tri-force. With the support of the community, we can learn a new. Maybe when the fight has passed, we can pass what we have all learned to a new generation of Brawl players in a couple of years.

Link isn't something you just pick up. It takes dedication to keep using him after one defeat after another at the hands of other characters. To believe that after every loss, you gain something in return so that when the time comes again you can defeat one of your many adversaries. Everyone plays for different reasons. Some play just to have fun, some play just to win, some have a competitive spirit that makes them seek out new stronger opponent just so they can get that feeling of having their sense pushed over the limits. Link gives you all that and so much more. The split second decisions of defeat or victory. The power to overturn a game with a slight push in the matches momentum. Many have had it happen, your getting combo'ed left and right and you can't seem to touch the guy, but the second you finally hit that ******* its like a burden has been lifted and you start returning 10 times over what you received.

I will enjoy sharing and growing on the battlefield with all of you when the new area of Smash arrives.

So lets all support each other, by helping and by providing answer. Passing knowledge from one another. But don't go easy on each other when we cross swords.

However, as my competitive spirit does question.

Which generation was better? Who will stand onto of the community, The old or The new?

Guess we will find out won't we :)

Deva

Smash Lord
Yeah, competitively Brawl hasn't been that great. They've just made it way too noob friendly and the game itslelf plays out too slow. Link's still decent though, luckily. They basically balanced ou all the characters so that Character's that sucked before are good and the high tier has been made worse so that they are the same as the new low tier. Only real exceptions are Marth and Toon Link cuz they're broken beyond pretty much everything. Luckily Link does pretty good against them since his claw shot is basically the best spacing maneuver in the game with a double hit and no lag when landing. You can do it into a dash attack for a combo starter, though it doesn't go much further than that as far as combos go.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
so far, brawl is a horrible disappointment; however, nubs will love it. for me, it's melee for life.

sincityserious

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if my final smash is better than yours
wtf are you talking about, nub? i know you're joking, but what you said is not even funny in the least bit; you fail, completely.

deva, you're absolutely right about brawl; at least someone knows how i feel.

Deva

Smash Lord
I mean, I've still been playing it since I know that's what everyone has to move to, but I'm definately still looking for melee tournaments because even if Link sucks in melee, I'd rather use him competetively than in brawl even if he's good. For the most part, Brawl isn't horrible. The developers just took out all the advanced techs they didn't want, aka wavedashing, and replaced it with a convenient new form of air dodging that makes wavedashing impossible. They then made all advanced techs they wanted to keep and made it easy enough that everyone could do it with little or no skill. Auto l-cancels, auto sweet spot and edge hog, catching projectiles with any button save b, floatiness so that any character can get out of a combo that's more than 3 hits, along with everyone living to ridiculous percents since even Link with his poor recovery can make it back to the stage no mattter how far they're hit. With the new air dodge system, you can't even edge guard anymore. You're only getting kills if you knock them off for a kill. Power shielding in this game is probably the only thing that will make it competetive. It's easy enough to pull off consistantly if you practice. Also, you don't move from the hit stun so you can attack them right out of you shield. The only thing that even makes this game worth playing is because Link is that much better, but again, I'm starting to see aspects of Link that might reduce him to low tier. Link, with the exception of maybe 2 more characters, have horrible recoveries and are the only characters in the game that can be edge guarded. Also, I fear that once power shielding becomes the new form of competetive play, Link will have no chance at all. Link's one penefit is his spacing with the claw shot and elongated master sword. He still, however, has no really fast attacks compared to other characters. For example, I have a friend who plays snake. I can land behind him with an aerial, start to jab his shield while he's facing backwards, and snake can turn and f- tilt before my shield comes up. Even if Link Power shieilds, He won't be able to punish other characters the wway they can punish him. At least for a while Link will be good though.

Skler

Smash Master
If you say Link is bad in the Brawl discussion you get flamed. It's hilarious, tons of oblivious Link fanboys defending their character. If it wasn't so **** sad I'd visit those boards more often.

Top Bottom