• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Was kind of torn. Wanted to support Europe (Mr R has no business outside of top 8, smh TOs) but a Fox actually placing at a major <3

Larry played absolutely godlike, learned so much from one laggy set. Will need to rewatch it multiple times.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Alright so I'm not a huge fan of the new smash but I do play it every once in a while. Now i been struggling against Mario/Dr.Mario as Fox, could someone please break that MU down for me and perhaps tell me a thing or two on the MU also videos are more than welcome thanks!
You lazy piece of work.
There's a few Mario / Doc videos if you scroll down in the Video thread that you can help yourself to.
Other than that, I believe we've already discussed Mario in the MU discussion thread where you can read the thoughts that have been written down already.

The multiplayer was indeed fun! Yeah yeah Adventures was very much a LoZ game, and not really a Starfox game true, but it added some quirks to the franchise that can work out.

But I hope we get a multiplayer mode for Zero... imagine landmaster battles!
tbh, I don't think the MU discussion broke down Mario that well.

Fireball has a new bounce and trajectory when thrown in the air, such that it's a good landing option now.

Mario can break out of things with Up-B because of invincibility. He'll go for it if you're doing jab stuff against him. His Up-smash is also very good in this game, good reach behind him and really good priority.

Always be on the lookout for incoming N-airs to break out of strings. Fox's U-tilt, N-air, and jab are his greatest out of shield options in this game when something is hit on shield.

Mario Tornado is good for crossing up or just using it as a way of covering himself. Shield all hits or avoid it, then hit him when he lands.

Offstage is very disadvantageous for Fox, due to FLUDD traps that force us to use our double jump and his Cape. Fox has Illusion, Fire Fox, and shine stalling to let him adjust his recovery angle.

Overall, it comes down to the better player winning in this mu, imo.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Wish we could see at least one Smash4 Fox player in the competitive scene.... At least, I haven't seen one at any smash tournament.

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Le ignorance....
I uhh.... there were 2 Foxes at CEO man, too well known duds.

Wooow no need to drop the rock on him if he's living under it lmao
Who were they? I obviously didn't watch all of CEO...
Have you been living under a rock
I...guess? I also didn't see any Robins.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Who were they? I obviously didn't watch all of CEO...

I...guess? I also didn't see any Robins.
I'm surprised if you haven't heard of LarryLurr when you're down south next to SoCal. He made top 8 and took our Mr. R's Sheik.
Nakat was there too, though drowned in the pool but had some of his games streamed too.
I think there was a 3rd not well known guy too named Coffee.

There was 1 Robin, but I can't remember his name, not sure if that was top 32 either.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I had a sickening feeling that was the case, but was to lazy to confirm it. I'll try to change that.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm going up against Chrim Foisch this weekend, he's the first seed in my pool and still plays :4diddy:. This was the Diddy who eliminated me at Apex as well.

Anything on the MU now that I should keep in mind? Diddy has changed a lot over the past 6 months

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I'm going up against Chrim Foisch this weekend, he's the first seed in my pool and still plays Diddy. This was the Diddy who eliminated me at Apex as well.

Anything on the MU now that I should keep in mind? Diddy has changed a lot over the past 6 months
He's weaker is about all, his jab actually works into the finishers now (Though Fox might still be able to DI down and shield at low percentages)

Watch out for Uthrow Uair around 100 I guess? Remember to either DI upwards or to the side if that should happen? Also Fair shouldn't be safe on shield anymore.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'm going up against Chrim Foisch this weekend, he's the first seed in my pool and still plays :4diddy:. This was the Diddy who eliminated me at Apex as well.

Not really a huge tip, but remember to really keep an eye on that fair, don't just run into it, you gotta respect it when playing footsies with diddy. and remember to practice your perfect pivot taunts for maximum styling!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
S'up, Foxes! Rosalina main here who's considering on picking up Fox as another secondary main. I've played as him throughout the Smash series but I rarely touched him in Sm4sh besides Classic and All-Star modes. Seeing him and Falco in Smash has made me a fan of the Star Fox series, in which I'm very excited about Star Fox Zero coming out in the holidays.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to chatting with you all here.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm surprised if you haven't heard of LarryLurr when you're down south next to SoCal. He made top 8 and took our Mr. R's Sheik.
Nakat was there too, though drowned in the pool but had some of his games streamed too.
I think there was a 3rd not well known guy too named Coffee.

There was 1 Robin, but I can't remember his name, not sure if that was top 32 either.
I was there as well. From what I know, the top 3 placing foxes were Larry, then Nakat, then myself.

Larry got 4th/512
Nakat got 33rd/512(3rd in his pool)
I got 49th/412 (4th in my pool)

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
http://gfycat.com/FittingBoldFlea

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS BULL ****

Kind of annoyed that Reddit's reaction was to circlejerk against how bad I am when I never claimed that I played anywhere near optimally... don't understand why Reddit's opinions and userbase are allowed to vote on anything, the community there is the worst thing about Smash by sooo far.

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
http://gfycat.com/FittingBoldFlea

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS BULL ****

Kind of annoyed that Reddit's reaction was to circlejerk against how bad I am when I never claimed that I played anywhere near optimally... don't understand why Reddit's opinions and userbase are allowed to vote on anything, the community there is the worst thing about Smash by sooo far.
Parasol is like... such a weird ****ing move that can be used out of the Jab Lock, I mean that aside that was EOE you were fighting which is regarded as one of the better Peach mains....

But yeah it dragged you up and bounced you off the top of it, it's a nasty ass thing

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
We did some testing afterwards, the base hit would have killed too. If you reverse it so only the first hit hits, it does something simila to Ike's Up B and sends you *flying* so it kills hella early.

Myself, EOE and Maxy are playing friendly sets right now so EOE will upload some footage tomorrow =]

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I actually posted some of my impressions of star fox zero on the robin social forum. My background with star fox was almost always with the single player and normally not having too much time in my childhood (and I still don't have too much time) for free time, so I'd play and replay star fox and 64 all the time with only the occasionally fun multiplayer match when a friend came over. I played assault and was really disappointed in the single player, stiff controls and poor level design for ground combat, multiplayer was great but but I personally would just like a solid single player campaign with tons of replay value and arcade semi space sim gameplay. Command had a hilarious parody story and decent space combat but the strategy segments were terrible. Now for my impressions of star fox Zero.

The lack of multiplayer is something that people aren't happy about but I think that miyamoto's comments about there being 2-3 missions per planet/area in addition to returning paths and the sheer amount of collectables in the game it appears will lend a great deal of replay value to the single player. The more complex controls of this game intrigue me and I want to see what level design they are able to come up with using them. The lack of smart bombs is also to compensate the increased aiming ability apparently, which I like because that increasing skill curve I feel (though I'll miss the bomb sound effect) Transformations is an awesome mechanic and it looks like levels might have more explorative elements. Graphically the game needs work, the ground textures are not impressive, but the simple ship design is easy on the eyes and is still sleek in my view, some lighting effects aren't complete either, though the alpha particles look good for blowing up enemies. It seems the design of the game is completely finished though and platinum are just there to fill out the code, design the boss fights and add a bit of their own flair. However the game appears to run at a completely locked 60 fps for both screens. The demo build felt like an actual,demo build of an incomplete game with levels being cut short or lacking some alternate path that looks like it should be available. I also love that the characters look more like puppets like the original star fox. It seems that the average playthrough of the game is 2 hours much like the older star fox games and the pacing looks nice so far. I hope the game is only $40, because while I prefer a super short play time with lots of replay value, other people don't share that sentiment, also I saw a comparison to the order 1886. The order doesn't have good replay value (no unlockable missions, branching paths, no meaningful collectables or a score system) has significantly less complex control schemes to learn and increase your own skill at the game and has poorer mission variety than even this demo of star fox zero, I don't think it's a good comparison.

So all in all, I'm excited for the game because it looks to be a game that I've been wanting since star fox 64 (sin and punishment 2 was a wonderful stop gap though), with the tremendous focus going into the replay value and skill curve of a tightly paced single player campaign. It's not done, but it seems the way the game is being built seems to imply that the build at e3 is rather old,and will continue to improve visual videlity up until release.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
This will be my first chance to try my hand at a Star Fox game excluding the 3DS version which I refuse to buy.
It's just exciting!

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
This will be my first chance to try my hand at a Star Fox game excluding the 3DS version which I refuse to buy.
It's just exciting!
Wait..why the bias against the 3ds version of star fox 64, it should be pretty cheap to pick up a copy and it is a really enjoyable game with a fantastic replay value like all the arcade based star fox games.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure, I just needed an excuse as to why I haven't played a Star Fox game yet.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure, I just needed an excuse as to why I haven't played a Star Fox game yet.
Oh, then try it I guess. Just be aware that the game gets most of its playability through arcade replay value and constantly getting better (which is actually a goal that miyamoto elaborated for star fox zero) improving scores, accessing the alternate routes, getting the true ending, getting the medals (though Zero seems to have way more collectables through they're not talking about what the do yet, but it's likely going to be something to increase replay value once again). The remaster of 64 really isn't for veterans as they've played the game to death already. It's for people like you, who haven't played the games.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Is this the actual fox social? it's pretty dead.. Lucas social has like 200 pages. Hello everyone.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Well, to be fair, I'm sure a lot of people are out and playing the game. Fox is in a good spot, it seems.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
No, we just have no players and presence on our forums. Kinda sad.

I have a good topic! WHY DOES PATH OF RADIANCE GIVE ENEMIES ****ING KILLER AXES THAT HAVE A 20% CHANCE TO RUIN YOUR ENTIRE DAY

Foster J.

Smash Ace
No, we just have no players and presence on our forums. Kinda sad.

I have a good topic! WHY DOES PATH OF RADIANCE GIVE ENEMIES ****ING KILLER AXES THAT HAVE A 20% CHANCE TO RUIN YOUR ENTIRE DAY
Ahh I remember that. Be glad you aren't playing old fire emblem, where all ****ing Myrmidons had Killing Edges :D

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Yeah, only ones that do nowadays are ones you can recruit like Zihark in FE9 or Joshua in FE8. Will take another run at this map. Lost it one time by misclicking into melee combat with Marica instead of with a javelin... after an hour... haha... ha.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
One would think the social forum related to the character that's just getting a new game would have more people talking about that. Pity for Fox. Anyway on the topic of Fire Emblem Crits...yeah, no one likes them especially in enemy phase based FEs namely being pretty much most of them (except for like 1,3, 11, 12 and 14 off the top of my head). Killer weapon enemies are always the ones you don't want running around on the enemy phase. On better news, Lunatic mode FE14 has actually good balance this time around...yay!

Foster J.

Smash Ace
One would think the social forum related to the character that's just getting a new game would have more people talking about that. Pity for Fox. Anyway on the topic of Fire Emblem Crits...yeah, no one likes them especially in enemy phase based FEs namely being pretty much most of them (except for like 1,3, 11, 12 and 14 off the top of my head). Killer weapon enemies are always the ones you don't want running around on the enemy phase. On better news, Lunatic mode FE14 has actually good balance this time around...yay!
That's why it's always best to lure them out, sending the heavy unit in first that'll take less damage, but in the end it's a battle of information regarding the placement, since you don't send in a knight against a mage, and such, this is one of the reasons paladins are so versatile due to their amazing resistance (for a cavalry unit) and decent defence, but most importantly the combination of both with their high speed.

Well, it's also to do with Fox is virtually unchanged since ever, and unless new people want to pick him up and ask questions, then we just mostly just discuss random topics, like now, or small things we discover or are victimized by as we play.
I dream of a sm4sh without Rage, I do, where we could spam lasers and force a neutral.

I don't care for acting out of Illusion, but hot damn this blaster end lag is at least 30 frames or more!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its because in smash 4 they changed fox's character design to be much younger looking, probably to coincide with this generations starfox game which is a reboot of sorts.
So the fox in smash 4 is the fox before he learn how to use a ****ing gun.
fox plz

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I like the new voice. I think it suits his personality better. the other one was too deep. and the fact that it's the same voice actor from SF64 is even better.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Are you saying you're gonna play SF64 because of Fox's voice actor? ....wow. I've never played it, but I'm sure it's worth playing. even if the voice actor sounds strange to you.

Top Bottom