• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All smashers please fill out this petition, for Gamecube controllers for Smash 4

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Signed. Can't play smash properly without the GC-controller! Wireless GC-controller for Wii U naaaoow Nintendo!

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Signed. Hopefully this will have an impact and Nintendo will decide to actually make these.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys are delusional. Time to move on and pick up a new controller. :applejack:

BentoBox

Smash Master
It doesn't make sense to create an entirely new product for a small community of players who just won't move on. . They've given us the wiiu pro and so far nobody has made a reasonable argument as to why it would make sense financially for Nintendo to bring back the gc controller~

This isn't happening.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't make sense to create an entirely new product for a small community of players who just won't move on. . They've given us the wiiu pro and so far nobody has made a reasonable argument as to why it would make sense financially for Nintendo to bring back the gc controller~

This isn't happening.
why hate? its the exact same scenario as the wii controllers. ive seen people use classic controllers, gamecube controllers, it really doesn't matter does it? its preference. some people like the gamecube controller, and would like to not have to worry about changing control schemes from game to game. its just what people prefer

BentoBox

Smash Master
why hate? its the exact same scenario as the wii controllers. ive seen people use classic controllers, gamecube controllers, it really doesn't matter does it? its preference. some people like the gamecube controller, and would like to not have to worry about changing control schemes from game to game. its just what people prefer
Except we're not debating which controller we prefer out of those natively supported by the WiiU, you're asking Nintendo to create a new controller for one game because all the other current options (wiimote,mote+chuck,CC,CCPro,WiiU Gamepad, WiiUPro) are not to your liking, and all for a game that has yet to touch the shelves! I'm not hating, the proposition just fails to make any sense whatsoever.

This isn't MadCatz we're dealing with here.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Except we're not debating which controller we prefer out of those natively supported by the WiiU, you're asking Nintendo to create a new controller for one game because all the other current options (wiimote,mote+chuck,CC,CCPro,WiiU Gamepad, WiiUPro) are not to your liking, and all for a game that has yet to touch the shelves! I'm not hating, the proposition just fails to make any sense whatsoever.

This isn't MadCatz we're dealing with here.
Indeed. As much as I love the GC controller, I don't think Nintendo would do this all for Smash 4 (I would love for them to prove me wrong though)

That plus I'm more concerned about all the Wii U's usable controllers being wireless than the controller layout itself (I would honestly have no issue trying out my Wii U pro controller for smash), and the petition does not seem to address the issue of wired controllers. If the best we will ever get is a wireless GC controller, than I will just get the adapter.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. As much as I love the GC controller, I don't think Nintendo would do this all for Smash 4 (I would love for them to prove me wrong though)

That plus I'm more concerned about all the Wii U's usable controllers being wireless than the controller layout itself (I would honestly have no issue trying out my Wii U pro controller for smash), and the petition does not seem to address the issue of wired controllers. If the best we will ever get is a wireless GC controller, than I will just get the adapter.
Wii u does have usb ports, so how about take current gcube usb adapters and make them work with the wii u?

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Gotta agree with most of the posts here. Highly, highly, highly unlikely this is going to work.
Signing anyway, though. I don't think a new Gamecube-type controller is a bad idea, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people (not just Smash fans) would prefer it to the standard WiiU controller for a number of games. It wouldn't give Nintendo absurd profits, but money is still money, so there's certainly a possibility.

D

Deleted member

I could care less whether or not we have a GC controller for Smash 4. Although, I'm sure as hell not using the game pad nor the Pro Controller, so this would be a great feature.

Signed.

Zoler

Smash Ace
I could care less whether or not we have a GC controller for Smash 4. Although, I'm sure as hell not using the game pad nor the Pro Controller, so this would be a great feature.

Signed.
If you COULD care less, it means you do care.

Why do everyone get this wrong lol

D

Deleted member

If you COULD care less, it means you do care.

Why do everyone get this wrong lol
As in care less, I mean I wouldn't mind if they didn't feature a GC Controller.

It still would be nice to have one, irregardless of what I think.

Zoler

Smash Ace
As in care less, I mean I wouldn't mind if they didn't feature a GC Controller.

It still would be nice to have one, irregardless of what I think.
I see, most people just use that one when they mean they don't care at all.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Nintendo has gone on record saying they do know about the petitions, but don't let them affect their business practices. I think project rain fall was the only successful one ever.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
1. it won't do anything

2. brawl general discussion ---------------------------------->

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
GameCube controller is like THE controller to use as a smasher. Unless you're my friend that uses a classic controller.

Top Bottom