• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Allow me to explain the concept of a general game forum to you....

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
A forum is a place for discussion. It is a medium to get people of all shapes and sizes to lay down their thoughts about whatever the category in the forum asks for. There is always somebody joining later to engage in this act we all share. Everyone is never on the same wavelength, and will come in and post something that has intrigued them, or to shell out their opinions regardless of how many times it has been heard.

Despite how many times a certain thought has been brought to surface, they have the right to express whatever it is they have on their mind. They don't know it has been overdone, because it is new.

Now, this is a general type of forum. What does this mean? Anything that is not specifically categorized by another topic, goes here. Since the characters and stages have their own little home, everything else regarding smash goes here. This includes, but is not limited to, the future of brawl, techniques, music, game modes, etc.

As long as the topic is not spammed to high hell, and as long as it follows the basic guidelines, it is not a wrong thread. Quit being buttholes to people who simply wish to further discussion. No topic that is new or reflects on a certain thing is "worthless," and I just find it very sickening that people are so quick to drop the hammer on such a thing. Spammy topics should be locked and dealt with accordingly, but if the topic is a rehash, simply report and be on your way, and leave the TC alone. No need to roast him with stupid flames.

This can be locked. I don't mind, and I know it is inevitable, but this is just a friendly reminder that just because you don't agree with a certain topic doesen't mean it doesen't have any value as a particular thought.

Quit complaining about people making threads, and instead brainstorm ideas of saving us from this funk. I am tired of shifting through the garbage that is pointless flaming all because bob forgot to use the search function and we have 87 pages of people posting "FAIL LOL" and "N00B"

You complain about the "N00bs" being the undoing of this forum, but in reality, it is all of you who have nothing better to do then to roast a poor guy for sharing his opinion. A simple remedy is but a button click away.

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
I'm etrain911 and I approve this message. That was very wise,and well put. It is about time too! I'm sick of the flame hammer coming down on people for no reason.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
How long will it take for you guys to notice that no matter how many well thought, lengthy posts you make, there are idiots who just keep posting the same thing over again?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How long will it take for you guys to notice that no matter how many well thought, lengthy posts you make, there are idiots who just keep posting the same thing over again?
^

But I agree with the TC.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
ya that is true people have a people are more than welcome to do/say what they will on a general forum people pretty much complain when stupid one/repetitive ones are made and we all know a stupid thread when we see one but as it is a general forum it's going t happen.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I think that the forum needs to add more than a few more sections for brawl just to sort out these threads from the rest. There are so many threads about AT's that there should pretty much be a section devoted to them, and a forum section about specifically Brawl Tourneys wouldn't be too bad either

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Good post by the end of the day I see this thread being bumped off this page with another competitive vs. casual type thread.

Top Bottom