• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Already spoiled? Do not fret!

mickaleaf

Smash Cadet
Many of you may have already spoiled yourself crazy, but there are some who accidently got spoiled. For those who suffered that second thing I said, fear not! There might still be hope! So anyway, I'm actually one of the people who had that second thing happen to me, so I thought for a while and figured out that it might even be good I got spoiled. It leaves you to wonder if it's true or not! Whaddya think?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I looked up about Half of SSE, but Refuse to look up the second half...

Some idiot linked a video of the final boss, so I got a VERY awesome scene spoiled for me...Luckily I haven't seen what happens just before that and I don't want to look up the ending

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I only saw the character roster and some new characters playing. I do NOT want to ruin Sub Space for myself

vull45

Smash Apprentice
I will not under any conditions look up the storylines i know most of the character but i already wish i knew less

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
I refuse to see the Sub Space because I don't wanna ruin it for me in March.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I look at some pics of Subspace and the whole roster. However, I stopped on the heavy spoilers for the game and going to suspend my spoiler-ness on the game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't get why people are SO concerned about Subspace spoilers. To me, knowing the characters is a bigger deal than that (I know I'm probably just about the only one who feels that way).

I mean, I can't fault anyone, because I'm trying to avoid them too, but all the posts I see now are just "Who cares about character spoilers? BUT DON'T SHOW ME SSE OH NOEZ!" Why? I mean, I guess I wouldn't know, but I doubt the storyline is going to be deep enough to REALLY matter. Ultimately it's just transition sequences for all the characters to meet up with each other and take out the main bad guy. I'm sure there's going to be little to no real DEVELOPMENT of any kind, especially if there's no dialogue.

The main thing that makes it so cool is just SEEING it all happen. So avoiding pictures and videos is the main thing. If a spoiler comes in the form of text, it's not so bad. The worst that'll happen is you'll know WHO the final boss is or which characters partner up.

That said, I'm still avoiding any kind of spoiler I can.

But if I had the choice, I'd trade the amount of knowledge I have regarding the secret characters for an equal amount of knowledge regarding the SSE. The problem is, there's really no way of doing that since I'm sure all of the characters are IN the SSE.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't get why people are SO concerned about Subspace spoilers. To me, knowing the characters is a bigger deal than that (I know I'm probably just about the only one who feels that way).

I mean, I can't fault anyone, because I'm trying to avoid them too, but all the posts I see now are just "Who cares about character spoilers? BUT DON'T SHOW ME SSE OH NOEZ!" Why? I mean, I guess I wouldn't know, but I doubt the storyline is going to be deep enough to REALLY matter. Ultimately it's just transition sequences for all the characters to meet up with each other and take out the main bad guy. I'm sure there's going to be little to no real DEVELOPMENT of any kind, especially if there's no dialogue.

The main thing that makes it so cool is just SEEING it all happen. So avoiding pictures and videos is the main thing. If a spoiler comes in the form of text, it's not so bad. The worst that'll happen is you'll know WHO the final boss is or which characters partner up.

That said, I'm still avoiding any kind of spoiler I can.

But if I had the choice, I'd trade the amount of knowledge I have regarding the secret characters for an equal amount of knowledge regarding the SSE. The problem is, there's really no way of doing that since I'm sure all of the characters are IN the SSE.
Knowing all the characters builds on the hype of the SSE imo, I mean its like if your family member is in a school play/or show -- The overall play might not have been so interesting to you but once you find out someone you know is in it.. it increases the interest some what.

Although I can still see it from your point of view of wanting to be surprised.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
i got spoiled because i saw a video says
Luigi
target test,but i didnt know it would feature the character screen in the beginning!

dsi1

Smash Rookie
I think I'm lucky, I've only been spoiled with
Wolf and ROB (How does ROB even fight?!)
so far, hope it stays like that.

Also nice job spoiling
Luigi
for me MFZ... You should have put [ SPOILER][/SPOILER ] tags around it...

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
I just spoiled the characters and stages for myself, since i mainly cared for those.

I've seen bits and parts of SSE, but SSE is the only thing I actually want to see when I play the game myself.

All I can say is that I'm quite pleased with the roster, and the stages aren't quite bad as well!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Luigi
target test,but i didnt know it would feature the character screen in the beginning!
Another character was spoiled for me in this post. Then again, I knew he was gonna show up anyway. In a matter of fact, I already know most of the veterans who will show up.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I accidently found out some SubSpace spoilers...and that makes me sad...

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I'm so pissed. I spoiled myself greatly because I just couldn't wait till Mar. 9 (Darn you, Sakurai!) So far I've seen: The complete character roster, a bunch of Subspace videos (hopefully nowhere near half of them), the ending of Subspace (:mad:), and probably all of the stages.

So basically, all my surprises have been wrecked.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I must be very lucky because I haven't seen a single SSE spoiler besides what I know in the Dojo.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
The words "
Luigi
" and "spoiler" should never be used in the same sentence. Luigi was guaranteed to be in. End of story.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Luigi

Thanks a lot *******, you just spoiled another character for me.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my darn friend screamed some secret chars at me and i beat his *** lol i wanna find out the good stuff for my self

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
All of the characters have been spoiled for me just because I went on here and went to the character discussion and noticed one, then another, then another. But the subspace emissary is what I want to be a suprise. AND IT WILL.. >.< GAHH!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like how some of the people in the spoiler free zone have pics of hidden characters that are in brawl xD

Anywho, I spoiled my *** off yesterday.
Yeah. I seem them in sigs, people's locations, and even some avatars. There was this one sig I saw here that had all the characters on it. But I was able to dodge that since I do not wanna see what any of the secret characters look like including the one I do not know yet.
Except for Ness. I saw him in DeuceBlade's sig but it's no problem.

vull45

Smash Apprentice
All in favor of Nintendo adding in more characters to make up for the spoiled ones raise your right hand. (this is make belive so it wouldn't push back the release date.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I "only" spoiled the full character roster and I'm happy with it, guys like Iceman just need a life.
Is there an ignore function on these boards? =P

Oh and I wont tell what I did not spoil yet because of guyse like Iceman...

vull45

Smash Apprentice
Thats cheating Iceman you made the same post on a different thread. Everytime you use the same post twice a fairy drops dead

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I know the roster, but who here doesnt?

What i got spoiled for, unfortunately was the most important part of the game, the identity of the Ancient Minister. Dickfore bobman14 has it in his sig. Avoid his posts.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I spoiled a lot of the game to myself already. I know the roster and the stages, but those were things I wanted to know. I have a list of all the unlockables and such I could find (music,
ATs
, stages, characters,
masterpieces
, etc..)

Lol I don't even think I needed to put spoiler tags around those.. Anyways the only thing I'm not trying to spoil is SSE. I only know what the final boss' name is, but I've seen no videos of him/her/it/potato (no, that doesn't mean it's Sheik or
Marth
) and such. I also know some partnerships, but have no idea about the rest, or what order the SSE cutscenes I've seen are in and such like that.

I plan to take as much surprise from the game as I possibly can.

The only reason I took a glimpse of the roster was for disappointment/satisfaction issues lol. I didn't want to have to look at the roster and see Michael Jordan as a PC (ZOMG SPOILERZ lol).

NukeA6

Smash Master
just watched the last boss fite and ending credits when i promised myself not to spoil myself a week ago, i now noe everything in the game, im a loser, falcon paunch
It's funny seeing someone with a Chuck Norris avatar calling himself a loser.

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
I don't see why people don't like the character roster spoiled for them. It's not like half of the hidden characters were epic surprises, hell most of them are returning veterans with only like six newcomers...

But I digress, The big thing I'm worried about is SSE spoilers. For an adventure mode as epic as what Sakurai has been telling us, I want all the subtle twists and turns to stay a surprise to me.

Top Bottom