• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alt Costumes / Colour Changes

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
I've been searching the In-Tar-Net since all this leakage and I haven't found any infomation regarding their colour changes/Alt costumes.

Anybody know what they are?

If posted I'll move it to this post. Many Thanks.

Hutsetsugen!

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad someone made a thread like this. Since character discussion is out the window, who's got a list of all alts, for each char?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I don't have all the alts unfortuanetly memorized. I know you have the classic Blue and Pink, you have Teal Green outfits (my fav), the old Green and Yellow I THINK, "Dark" ICs (well the outfits at least). The old Red one I think is back too. And I think there might be one or two more I forgot...

Well it's a start?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
My main and only wish for the ice climbers is the option to play as a pink nana with purple popo as the cpu controlled.

Sadly brawl hasn't made this possible...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
the Teal outfit is so cheap, it's a mind game. Nana looks just like Popo, and the opponent gets confused. I was shocked they actually made that.

dooky

Smash Cadet
the Teal outfit is so cheap, it's a mind game. Nana looks just like Popo, and the opponent gets confused. I was shocked they actually made that.
True, but I suppose it's a gamble... You'd also risk losing track of your character by confusing it with the second Climber. And can you imagine the confusion if there were other sets of Ice Climbers in the same match?

Also, I posted this on another thread too, but this video confirms that, even though they no longer switch places on the select screen, you can still play with Nana in the lead.

In summary, the colours we have are:

1. Popo in blue, Nana in pink
2. Popo in white with blue gloves, Nana in white with pink gloves
3. Popo in green, Nana in yellow

4. Nana in black, Popo in white
5. Nana in white with teal gloves, Popo in white with teal gloves O.O
6. Nana in red, Popo in white

I'm making a few assumptions here, namely that Nana will be the leading character for the last three combinations: I've yet to see game footage of options 4 and 5, although the Dojo shows an Ice Climber victory screen for 4, and Nana does appear to have switched places with Popo in comparison to victory screens of the regular colours. But it fits the available evidence, and follows the same pattern seen in Melee. And... yeah, options 2 and 5 could see some serious mindgames come into play...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
5. Nana in white with teal gloves, Popo in white with teal gloves O.O
Actually, I've seen several videos of the lead Climber being a Blue tinted teal with white gloves, where the other is more of a Green tint, again with white gloves.

Still, very similar colours that would be hard to tell apart in a match. Or rather, they would be, if that obnoxious bold Player Number wasn't always showing.

Top Bottom