• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Altean Cantata ~ A Marth Combo / Compilation Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Man this took me some time. Many thanks to thegreatkazoo for making this possible for me. :lick:

Everything I need to say about the video is in its description, so check there for clarification on some things. ^.^ The style, though, was inspired by Kirk.

Enjoy~!

PS. I'm not the best Marth... ,_,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeQH8cmEJE

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
Dude, are you serious?
This.. you should seriously improve before you make another CV.
Unfortunatley you can´t call this a CV because most of the time (nah.. always) it was just a One-Hit scene =/

but i liked the music ~

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
That's why it's called a compilation video, a video whereas the main topic is synced directly to the music.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
,______, Whai thank you. Although I don't think it deserves that kind of praise. XD I went through so much trouble trying to save it, so I'm glad it turned out DECENT.

Thanks, Demp. ^.^

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
:dizzy:

Okay...

I'm accepting criticism, but don't flame me. Just keep in mind that this was the first time I attempted a Combo/Compilation video, and I didn't really understand the concept of what a combo video was supposed to be about. I just watched a couple and decided to try it out.

I guess it's NOT a combo video, and just a compilation. The meaning of compilation videos are that it's directly synced to the music, so I apologize if it's a waste of any of your time or if it's just a majority of '1 hit KOs'.

Give me what you have.

napZzz

Smash Hero
i'll be straight up honest

this video is trash at its finest, you do things that dont even work, have clips where you dont even attack people, there was literally nothing cool....like you'd attack them once and then walk around and call it a clip, i really hope this is just a super troll vid, because i dont think anyone would actually call this a compilation vid

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Lol, thanks. That actually made me feel better. :dizzy: Seriously. I guess it's just a video to be a video then. ^^

EDIT: And that's the way I actually Brawl. I seriously can't help the fact that I pause out of nowhere. My mind doesn't work that fast, lolz.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I do suggest you improve before making another combo video. My first CV was horrible as well, but I improved and made several more, and my recent one is decent, I suppose. I have recently improved in terms of skill so I will make another one shortly.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Thank you both...

However, the misconception is, is that everyone's taking it seriously, like it's supposed to be a pro-video and like it's supposed to be a reference to in-training players who want to find out more stuff about on how to use Marth... But it's not. It's just a video I did for fun. It was MY misconception of using Combo/Compilation wrong.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Lol. It seems that you got attention for making the combo video, but I don't think it's the type you want.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Rofl, I really don't care what kind of attention I get for it. As you can see, all the criticism isn't really doing anything to me. (LOL UNINTENTIONAL RHYME.) xD

:lick:

OFF: OMG maybe I can be a poet someday. ROFL jk.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Awesome music, and I must say I was surprised to see how well the clips fitted into the music, that itself is a job well done. While the clips weren't the best you did manage to keep things entertaining for 11 minutes, so I don't think this deserves as much bashing as it did.

daballa100

Smash Cadet
i think this was a good video, it was entertaining, the problem is the level of play. I liked the songs in it too. If you get better at brawl, and you put in the same amount of work you did in to this video as the next vid, attention like this won't appear.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
The intro was a bit long. Pick better, non-banned stages next time and you'll get more respect. And get better please.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Roflmao. xD Uhh, yeah... About how bad I suck.. I haven't even had/been playing brawl for a year yet. I'm still just a little girl in the big world of smash brothers.

...Now that I think about it... I never played the original Smash Bros. OR Melee. So yeah, I'm a MAJOR newb. TwT :laugh:

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
fsmash is a good one hit combo
Congrats for your video, is ****ing good, probably you are the best marth of USA

TeSik

Smash Cadet
You put your effort in it and it shows you just having fun. For that instance, I like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom