• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the First One to Think This? (Is Yoshi's Island really neutral)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yeah, this is me questioning the neutrality of Yoshi's Island. While it does seem COMPLETELY neutral at face value, the randomly emerging Whimsical Support Ghosts really can stop deaths the you worked hard to set-up. Yoshi's Island might end up as a counter pick...?

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is me questioning the neutrality of Yoshi's Island. While it does seem COMPLETELY neutral at face value, the randomly emerging Whimsical Support Ghosts really can stop deaths the you worked hard to set-up. Yoshi's Island might end up as a counter pick...?
Um.... did you even think about what you were typing when you wrote this out? Probobly better to edit this out. Things could get ugly.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
The support ghost wont save you from Star KO's and Side KO's. The only thing it can really stop is gimping, and even then it won't always help. It doesn't really stop spikes, both stage and normal.

Basically the support ghost doesn't really effect the stage's neutrality and doesn't really give anyone a big advantage, so it will probably never be a counterpick.

Heavenly Cloud

Smash Apprentice
No way. Brawl has few enough neutral stages as it is. (about 5) This isnt a big enough reason to take one of the few availiable away.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've actually had two encounters on that stage though where I spiked someone into the ghost.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Story had the cloud that could stop KOs and assist in recovery, but it was neutral. Two KOs do not warrant a counterpick, as it does not seriously interfere with the match or give a huge advantage to any one (variety of) character.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Having those ghosts Yoshi's Island is pretty much similar to Smashville, which has this floating platform. Smashville isn't a counterpick neither should Yoshi's Island

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think the other people here have shown why your idea is bad relatively well.

wangston

Smash Lord
if peach plays there she is sort of screwed you can't just hold on jump and hit down to float because the ground isn't level and it will stop your floats. But who uses peach any way M I RITE!

billywill

Smash Journeyman
if peach plays there she is sort of screwed you can't just hold on jump and hit down to float because the ground isn't level and it will stop your floats. But who uses peach any way M I RITE!
Oh no you didn't

Hanai

Smash Cadet
The fact that the ghost can appear at either side means that neither player has a huge advatage over each other.

Only 5 netual stages is quite hard to justiifly removing a stage.

Top Bottom