• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who realizes rotation mode could also mean...

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Some people seem to think I'm suggesting a new mode. I'm not. I'm implying that the update of rotation mode could be used to be the mode talked about below. IE, one person might be 5 different "players" with the same controller options.

The all-wanted "switch-mode?" You know, where someone picks 5 or 6 characters, and when that character dies, the next spawns in?

For example:

Player 1 chooses Fox, Sonic and Dedede.
Player 2 chooses Snake, Mario and Lucas.

Player 2's Snake KO's Player 1's Fox, and Player 1's Sonic spawns in.

This mode could easily be used so that each person controlled several characters without having to set up a match again.

Discuss.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
It's been thought of before. Not a bad idea though. If you had like 6 people (and 6 controllers), when you died, another from your team comes out and takes over as a different character.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
dang thats actually a cool idea, so it'd be like tag team but you cant tag? or maybe you can tag! either way it'd be a cool new feature for peopel who like to play a lot of chars and not jsut a main

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Edit: Some people seem to think I'm suggesting a new mode. I'm not. I'm implying that the update of rotation mode could be used to be the mode talked about below. IE, one person might be 5 different "players" with the same controller options.

The all-wanted "switch-mode?" You know, where someone picks 5 or 6 characters, and when that character dies, the next spawns in?

For example:

Player 2's Snake KO's Player 1's Fox, and Player 1's Sonic spawns in.

This mode could easily be used so that each person controlled several characters without having to set up a match again.
Awesome idea. If you've ever played Tekken, then it'd be just like the 8 vs. 8 tournament (I think it was called team versus).

jamesss

Smash Apprentice
that'd be a great idea...defintely would be a great new addition...don't think it'll be in tho

Lesheik

Smash Lord
That would be too good. Probably won't get in though... No reason why, just a feeling.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
This idea of having 3v3 (like King of Fighters, or Capcom vs SNK 2) would be cool...

but this isn't what it means.

So a big fat ol' "NO!"

Rotation will just mean that it'll be organized so that you know exactly who's turn it is next when a match is over.

A NEW match will begin w/ the rotated user put in.

HOWEVER: A new mode w/ "3 on 3" like those found in CvS2 and King of Fighters would be sweet! And I hope Sakurai has at LEAST thought of this and took the time to consider it. If he had and doesn't include it, I'm sure there are reasonable reasons as to why.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Yes. that would be like awesome, but like, even more awesome than that.

It'd be so awesome C.falcons head asplodes!!! And then Sonic jumps out!!

Great Idea, I'd love it like McAdams loves Gosling.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
That would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure that's what the Rotation mode is even meant for, or if it could work that way.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'm understanding you here, but what's so hard about just hitting B at the character select screen, selecting your character, and hitting A again?

Also, if I understand what you're trying to say, then this won't work. Here's an example showing why:

Let's use your character selection:

So let's say it's Fox vs Snake first and then the order goes like this:

Sonic
Mario
Dedede
Lucas

Okay, so player 1 loses. Sonic is picked for him. He fights, kills Snake. Mario is picked for player 2. All good so far.

But let's try a different scenario. Player 1's Fox fights Player 2's Snake. Snake wins. Player 1 plays with Sonic. Snake wins again. Now the next character to play should be Mario, but Mario belongs to player 2. I guess you could bypass this with the whole "take a break" feature, but yeah, I don't see how this is any more useful than just switching characters manually (other than the fact that it saves a few seconds).

What am I missing here?

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
omg that would be awesome =DDD it reminds me of pokemon its just you cant choose who you bring out next XD

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'd love Switch mode, but Rotation isn't evidence to it in the slightest. After all, Rotation was in Melee, just with a name that doesn't make sense until you actually play.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It would be an awsome idea, but like another poster said, it seems Rotation mode rotates after a match is over, not during a match. Still cool idea.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
dang thats actually a cool idea, so it'd be like tag team but you cant tag? or maybe you can tag! either way it'd be a cool new feature for peopel who like to play a lot of chars and not jsut a main
Oh my gosh! The screen with Popo and Nana tagging during their final smash proves switch mode! Lol yah right. I'd love to see it, but they wouldn't have time for it. Seriously.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
IMO, you just play a match, and when it takes you back to the character select screen, you just pick your new guy. Easy as that.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, bud, but rotation can't be used this way. Let's say player 2's fox is up next in the rotaion. what happens if player 2 wins? then player one would have to use the char. player two picked out.

Sorry, but this 'mode' of play will only be available if they implement it anew.

Top Bottom