• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who's OK with the roster?

Smash Ace
Alright, here goes...
Some people might know me as the one who didn't really want anybody new in Brawl and wanted the Melee cast all back intact. Others may know me for hating a character, but upon seeing them, turned it into acceptance and pushed life along. most of you probably have no idea who the ____ I am, so I'll just cut to the chase.

IS THERE A DANG THREAD ON HERE THAT'S NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FREAKING ROSTER!?!?!

complaining won't do diddly-squat. the rster is set in STONE. Wolf is laughing at Krsytal supporters, Everyone is laughing at Tingle supporters (what kind of fool would want him anyways) Sonic is laughing at Megaman supporters, Zero Siut Samus is laughing at Ridley supporters, and Toon Link openly mocks us all that he made it into the game without very many significant diffrerences form Young Link--or so we think.
Oh, and the world imploded, since Dr. Mario and Roy got cut.
Nonetheless, life still goes in. I lost the 2 characters that I had a die-hard support for. Does it make me a lttle sad? yes. does it make me hate brawl, or Sakrai, or anyone ssociated with the game? a little, but not enough for me to voice. Was there something to make up for it? HALES YEAH THERE WAS!!!

In order to rehash my main point, I'll say it this way:
complaining won't change a thing. If you want a better Smash Bros. get together with all your other little whiner friends and MAKE YOURSELF A BETTER GAME dangit! Then you can have all the characters you want. You can bring back wavedashing and make it the primary method of transportation! (BTW, I'm going to miss wavedashing too. I'm not dising it, I'm didding the people that are infuriated oer ts removal. this is off-topic, so I'll save it for another time) You can put Megaman, Ridley and Krystal in it! Just leave Sakurai and his development team out of your whining! no one cares. seriously...

Wolf is going to rock.

Oh, and black Toon Link looks boss, and this ties him with Sothe's scarf from FE10 and Katara's hair-loopy things from Avatar seasons 1 & 2 as far as pure awesomeness is concerned.

thank you. If you want to cut to the real deal here, just read my sig.
=2007=

Grevling

Smash Cadet
I'm more than happy with it. It's a great roster, we were just spoiled because the best secrets were revealed early for us.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
At first I didn't, but I'm fine with it now. Its kinda like its a roster that you have to play the game first to love it.

I also like the fact that Johnny 5 is in. And I'm going to coin this fad too, seeing I brought it up a month ago....

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Its either people ranting about the bad roster, or people ranting about people who rant about the bad roster. Oh well.

I'm okay with it, I've accepted it as this won't change and I'll grow to like all of the characters.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Am I completely satisfied with the roster? Of course not, Saki is only an AT!

Can I live with it? Absolutely. People are welcome to their opinions, however, and unless they make annoyingly long posts filled with *'s, then I have no problems with them expressing those opinions.

Smash Ace
At first I didn't, but I'm fine with it now. Its kinda like its a roster that you have to play the game first to love it.

I also like the fact that Johnny 5 is in. And I'm going to coin this fad too, seeing I brought it up a month ago....

that's exactly how I feel about it...
BTW, who's Johnny 5?
=2007=

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
I'm okay with it just a little sad that none of my characters got in.

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Im happy with it, Wolf isnt a Clone like expected. Yeah it maybe could be a little better but nothing's perfect is it. ROB is a WTF character, so was Mr Game and Watch, I think those kind of characters are just funny. Yeah we could have someone instead of ROB, we could have had someone instead of Mr G&W couldn't we?

Everything was done for a reason, those dissapointed i understand, BUT those who are seriously Moaning appear to look like very spoilt children. Partly due to the fact they dont understand the desicions (as only Nintendo do), so just assume things and flame sakurai for it. Ive seen people even saying he shouldnt make the next game because of the roster, my god...

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm fine with the actuall characters, but the fact that there are still cones, mainly GANONDORF, is ridiculous.

I'll get over it in a few hours.

Card

Smash Lord
It's human nature for our current day society to be unsatisfied with anything that comes out way.

I bet you scientists could discover the cure for cancer, and there would be people complaining that they did not find it soon enough.

I'm serious....

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
the roster is awesome we were just spoiled so early with sonic and snake, if i just found out about snake and sonic today than the wait til mar. 9 would be completely unbearable.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Its either people ranting about the bad roster, or people ranting about people who rant about the bad roster. Oh well.

I'm okay with it, I've accepted it as this won't change and I'll grow to like all of the characters.
QFT

The roster's all right, I would of liked more charters but 35 is plenty.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
It's human nature for our current day society to be unsatisfied with anything that comes out way.

I bet you scientists could discover the cure for cancer, and there would be people complaining that they did not find it soon enough.

I'm serious....
I am not satisfied with 3 landmasters, I think there should be more.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I could care LESS about the rosters.

Because I got my top three characters, updated in this order

3. Diddy
2. Dedede
1. Olimar

Once those guys got in, I didn't care who got in. Not that I really care at all.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Im fine with the roster but a little upset about clones and ROB in the game. It will still be awesome!

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I do agree there could of been more characters , but overall I'm very satisfied. As far as I'm concerned there are 39 playable characters since you can start off with sheik, zamus, and pt (I count PT as 3 of course because you can play him so many different ways). There is a lot of meat there already to sink our teeth into. There's going to be a lot of quirks and things to figure out with each character, esp Olimar and others. And besides, people usually end up with 1 or 2 characters they play as anyways. And in tournement scences, the same 5ish characters where seen all the time, so while variety is nice, most people won't take advantage of all the characters (besides to try them out), esp "advanced" players.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
I like this roster. And yes, I do like R.O.B too, I think he's a unique addition, and I wouldn't give his place up for Megaman or Ray 01. =\
Really? Because if I could get Ray 01 by dumping ROB, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
I like the roster. I understand that there are SOME clones. But they're not complete 100% model swaps. I'm fine with that. Because personally, Fox can kiss my a-s.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I'm very pleased with the roster. Personally, I would've bought the game with just the roster revealed on the Dojo; Every character since revealed is just extra to me.

Bowser, Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, Snake...these were the guys I wanted to play. Honestly, the only other character I wanted in who had a good shot was Lucario, and he made it in. Other than that I really didn't care who was in and whatnot.

Even all that aside, I like the roster. It's a mish-mash of the most popular characters from Melee with some awesome, unexpected newcomers. Don't forget people- The newcomers aren't JUST the characters you unlock: there are lots of new characters in the starting roster alone.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
To those of you who are happy with the roster, good for you. I wish I could feel good about it too, but I cant. I was expecting so much more out of this game. Sakurai said that this game would be great, and have a roster that wouldn't disappoint anyone. If so many people find something wrong with it, then Sakurai really screwed up. We got a 3rd Star Fox representative who is more or less another clone, R.O.B., and Ganondorf is still a falcon clone. Don't get me wrong...I hate clones with a passion, but I can see how they can be useful sometimes so I don't get to hateful. However, to add a 3rd Star Fox rep. and make it a clone too as opposed to Krystal? I don't see the point. Sakurai knew what characters the people wanted and were looking forward too, and after all this hype we have so many new and great features but a lackluster roster to play it with (or at least that is how a lot of us feel). We all know who we were looking forward to (Major hitters Geno, Ridley, Krystal, etc.) and Sakurai was well aware, but apparently thought "this is good enough" and stopped. A lot of those requested characters were perfectly reasonable and could easily have had movesets created and been put in. I still intend to buy this game ofcourse (try and stop me lol), but myself and others cannot help but feel like we waited all this extra time for the game but were cheated. I'm glad some people are looking at the brighter side of this roster...and I would be too what with all the new characters we are getting, but the problem is the lack of "new" secret characters to me. Especially Wolf being the last one. We got a lot of new characters but they are all starters, and who would have guessed that all the characters Sakurai was trying so desperately to keep secret were just recycled old ones.....wow. Totally great /sarcasm. Sakurai said he wanted to include as much as possible because Smash Bros isnt the kind of series you can make over and over again because you will end up running out of characters, but apparently that wont be a problem for the next game with all the ones Sakurai left out of this one. All I can really say now is 2 things. 1. I hope we get a new smash bros with a far better roster next time (if there is one), and 2. Thank god Sakurai wont be making it.

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
*holds up hand*
I was one of the few who thought we we're fed too much information on the Dojo. Imagine the shock and awe we could have got if we didn't actually know Sonic or Snake we're playables.

bloodvayne

Smash Apprentice
I hate ROB
I don't like the fact that everyone from melee didn't return (when they could have, since we still have clones)

But I'm happy with all of the other characters that are in, so yes, I'm OK with it.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
I think the roster's fine. I wish they'd kept the new characters for the big reveal, rather than showing us most of them up front. I'm a little disappointed Mewtwo's not back, I never liked Wind Waker, Olimar seems kind of "meh," and I'm sad that there are now three space animals...

But honestly, almost everyone came back (sorry Roy, Doc, Pichu, and Mewtwo --;;), and on top of that we got Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, MetaKnight, DeDeDe, ZSS, and some others. 35 characters is really quite an impressive roster.

Although there's a lot of single player content that I'll probably see a few times while I unlock everything and then never touch again, I can't fault Sakurai for budgeting time and money on it when Nintendo is targeting a family audience. That said, I do wonder how many more characters/stages/items (which may see actual use this time!) we'd have if they had the same budget, but limited SP to Classic mode and a handful of mini-games.

Mess

Smash Cadet
I was upset with no Geno, but whatever. The roster made me smile.... so I'm happy.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
I am.... and thats with sonic being in the game..... in fact I didnt get ONE character that I wanted but I still will play the game for HOURS

StarFox64ftw

Smash Cadet
I am VERY happy with the roster. starfox is my favorite game of all time, and all of the representitives are golden stars to me. Dedede,Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, come on they have a lot of good stuff here! what surprised me personally was teh GREAT JOB with the levels, including stage builder.

p.s. who was teh 3rd third party character btw?

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I freaking love the roster i wouldnt change it at all. some people want non since characters in like mega-man geno and stuff. 35 is good and those who complain should not even buy the game.

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman
I love the roster.
It's made all my super smashing dreams come true.
Snake, Link, and Marth all in one game fighting together (or against eachother..)

Top Bottom