• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing Koopa

Luigi player

Smash Master
Didn't look that special to me. Nice side B gimp on Snake though (I didn't know you could do that without dying...).

.Marik

is a social misfit
Nice gimp. This guy has been practicing for a while.

I want this guy and Gimpyfish to have Bowser dittos.

ElectroBlooper

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing Bowser hit the loose cypher on the way up, which knocked him out of the side-b grab.
Yup. In a situation like that, Bowser will klaw Snake out of his recovery, hit the cypher, and release snake without doing any damage. Because you're only grabbing Snake but not actually damaging him, he can't use his cypher again unless he blows himself up. Good times.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
all i saw was smashing the a button and ftilts.. that's not really amazing <_<

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Nice gimp. This guy has been practicing for a while.

I want this guy and Gimpyfish to have Bowser dittos.
Gimpyfish doesn't play Bowser in Brawl... (not that he even plays anymore to begin with)

Cheapless Jared said:
That is what happens when you don't use strategies and actually play the game as intended.
If they were playing as intended, they would be playing with items on Hanenbow.

Seriously, what did you mean by this? The Snake was definitely using grenade camping and DACUS, which you can't say were intended. The Bowser also used a grab to gimp Snake's recovery.

Anything other than the physical attacks themselves that could be construed as useful by the competitive community was avoided by Sakurai at all costs.

Denzi

Smash Master
The Bowser would never do that well against one of our Snakes, sorry to say.

While the Japanese Snakes use grenades/explosives, they don't use them quite as strategically(well) as American Snakes do.

The Snake also messed up and Fast Falled during the C4 recovery, when he was above the stage and would've had plenty of time to save himself.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
He WAS very good, but I've actually fought a better Bowser than him on WiFi. I lost...XD

Top Bottom