• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
How much do people wanna bet that Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics is gonna have Amiibo support and they'll announce a Sonic the Hedgehog Amiibo line to go with it, as well as new Super Mario Amiibos?
I'm willing to bet Sonic will have his own amiibos, if any third party franchise got an amiibo line, it would be Sonic.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I decided to take a snoop around my local GameStop and here's what I find:

image.jpg

It really is a depressing sight to see. As expected, no signs of any of the wave four amiibos, not even Robin and Lucina.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
To make matters worse there are just more Super Mario Amiibo of Mario, Luigi, Peach, etc. then there are Smash versions.

nintendo loves mario doe.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They really need to stop making more of those and make more of those now so rare amiibos instead.

By the way, here's another one of that same GameStop I went to with more close to the screen:

image.jpg

I'm surprised to see Sanic in there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Really wish I still saw Sonics on my shelves. I'd pick one up and try make a custom. :c

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
The past two days I went through my craziest Amiibo hunt so far.

On Friday, I had a dinner for a friend's birthday, but since I got out of college late, I had to take my backpack with me. The restaurant is inside the mall, and since I arrived one hour earlier, I decided to visit the video game store to kill time. Past amiibo waves had shown me that my country usually receives the waves about two weeks later... but it wasn't the case this time. Once I entered the store, I spotted many Silver Marios, Warios, Charizards, Pac-mans, Splatoon bundles and the last Lucina & Robin remaining at the store (Ness was already sold out). I contacted one of my friends who's been very unlucky finding amiibos, and she told me that she would like getting a Lucina amiibo (I had left the store for a while). Once I return to the store, the owner immediately tells me one of my backpack pockets is open... my wallet is gone. Luckily a few minutes later, I report to a security guard, and he informs me someone has handed him my wallet but with no money at all. I only lost about $10 since I prefer to carry my other part of my money in another spot. I decided I'd rather spend my remaining money on the dinner than getting the amiibo.

Yesterday, I decided to go amiibo hunting in search of Ness. I searched in a local store that I believed would have the best amiibo stock, since for Wave 3 it had every single amiibo unlike the video game stores which only had Bowser and Toon Link. To my surprise, this time they had only received Splatoon and Silver Mario amiibos. Then I walked to the nearest mall still hopeful and to my surprise in the first store I decide to check, they had the last remaining Ness amiibo. However, there was another guy who arrived before me checking the amiibos. Besides Ness, I also spotted the last Jigglypuff and Greninja. I waited a few minutes to see if the guy would order anything but nothing, so I proceed to check Ness. I didn't really like the paint job so I decided to leave the store quickly and check another store, but it didn't have Ness. As I was returning to the store, I had a really bad feeling... I returned and Ness was gone. I saw the guy paying for the Ness and Jigglypuff amiibo (I'm guessing he wants to complete the Smash 64 roster), and decided to get Pac-man and Greninja for a friend who really wanted him. I tell my friend I got his Greninja, and he tells me that if he finds any Ness, he'll inform me (he lives on the other side of the city, so he tends to visit another mall). Later that day, he calls me and says he found the last Ness in the entire mall, and since we were already meeting that day for another birthday dinner, we decided to have our first amiibo trade.

I may finally rest until the next wave. :4ness::4pacman:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
CHIBI ROBO AMIIBO! <3 I want one. Better not be Japan exclusive.

Also I bought Fox on Amazon for only five bucks more than MSRP. :D Quite happy about that. Last one too.

Also Yoshi and Sonic are impossible to find where I'm from, but in Middletown New York there were so many (plus Sheik) in Toys R Us that I can pick up next time I go there, so that's neat. Samus and Mega Man are impossible for me though. :/

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I just hit the halfway marker after a wild goose chase for wave 4s in KC, so I figured I would share my progress on here.

Wave 1:4mario::4dk::4kirby::4pikachu::4peach::4marth::4wiifit::4yoshi::4fox::4link::4samus:
wave 2:4diddy::4zelda::4pit::4luigi:
wave 3:4bowser::4sheik::4megaman::4sonic:
wave 4:4charizard::4lucina::4pacman::4robinm::4wario:

Really behind, I know. I'm not made of money like other collectors.

Until next time.

LeopardTalon

Smash Rookie
I bought a Pac-Man Amiibo today and really felt the need to buy another one. I really want to buy one of my favorite character, Villager. My question is, how trustworthy and reliable is buying a Villager from Amazon? And which page should I buy it from since there are 2?

xTheAscendedOnex

Smash Rookie
NNID
xTheAscendedOnex
3DS FC
0920-1616-5469
I am trying to collect just the amiibos I use in smash. I have made some headway but I am missing a few. Marth, Captain Falcon and Little Mac. Other then that I can wait till Falco, and Duck Hunt and Mewtwo are released. I thought about doing an Amazon purchase but they're so expensive...........

Got :4bowser::4charizard::4fox::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4luigi::4mario::4pikachu::4tlink::4yoshi:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bought a Pac-Man Amiibo today and really felt the need to buy another one. I really want to buy one of my favorite character, Villager. My question is, how trustworthy and reliable is buying a Villager from Amazon? And which page should I buy it from since there are 2?
You'd be best off buying a Villager Amiibo from Japan. They got a re-print of him that fixed his wonky face.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122

OH GOD THAT CHIBI ROBO amiibo!! I need to get it!! Need to preorder BUNDLE!!
…Sorry about that. It's just that I loved the Chibi Robo games, and that amiibo looks so cool. It's been announced that in NA, it's only gotten through a bundle with Chibi Robo Ziplash.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
D

Deleted member

So, I ordered a Robin amiibo from Japan 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come yet. It is supposed to come today at the earliest and June 16 at the latest. Those of you who imported from other countries, how long did it usually take to get to your house? I know I shouldn't worry yet but it's taking quite a bit and I'm getting impatient even though today is the earliest it will come.

In other news, here's the amiibo selection at my GameStop:
Pretty disappointing to see. Even worse than Tino's GameStop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I ordered a Robin amiibo from Japan 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come yet. It is supposed to come today at the earliest and June 16 at the latest. Those of you who imported from other countries, how long did it usually take to get to your house?
It's not an Amiibo, but that Cat Rosalina figure I ordered and had sent to my friend's house in New York (since Amazon.com wouldn't ship to Ireland) was to arrive May 15th at the earliest (it was order a week or so before that), and arrived just two days ago. The latest it was supposed to arrive was tomorrow.

Despite being ordered on Amazon.com, it came from a Japanese re-seller.

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
So, I ordered a Robin amiibo from Japan 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come yet. It is supposed to come today at the earliest and June 16 at the latest. Those of you who imported from other countries, how long did it usually take to get to your house? I know I shouldn't worry yet but it's taking quite a bit and I'm getting impatient even though today is the earliest it will come.
It depends really. Some things I've ordered from Japan have showed up within two weeks. Others took up to three or four. The problem remains Customs. Sometimes your package will get stuck there for a long while. Other times it moves through there quickly.

As for me my Wave 4 is almost complete. The only one I couldn't get was Greninja. I just ordered one off eBay for $31. Now I wait for it to arrive as well as Shulk. Speaking of which, do we still not have a confirmed date to when Shulk will arrive from GameStop?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Wave 4 is complete for me, got :4jigglypuff: and :4greninja: today and the Splatoon 3-Pack, as well as the game Splatoon itself, can't wait to play it tonight once my gamepad is fully charged :grin:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Should I wait out on getting Splatoon? I have enough money for it but I wanna see if I can get a Metaknight from the restock... I only have $63 atm.

Edit: Everytime I call best buy they say they haven't got any new shipments. Has anyone else's store been like this?

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
A night at Nintendo World and $35 import later, my entire Amiibo collection (and likely final, sans Dr. Mario and Lucas).

IMG_1854 - Copy.JPG

A PAC-MAN, a Pokémon, and a... PK... man? Yeah.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Finally, the rest of Wave 4 amiibos arrived at my boyfriend's house... now I officially have the following:

Smash series (33/37)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario:
:4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus:
:4pit::4ness::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4kirby::4dedede:
:4metaknight::4fox::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja:
:4falcon::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

Smash amiibos I'm still missing:
:4marth::4littlemac::4villager::4wiifit:

Mario series (8/8)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi:
Toad, Gold Mario, Silver Mario

Splatoon series (3/3)
Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, Inkling Squid

itspr

Smash Rookie
I dont play Smash nor do I own a Wii-U but I was able to get some Amiibos I told were pretty good. Robin. Wario, Charizard, Greninja, and Lucina. I was looking to give them away on my stream but I mainly play console shooters. Is it worth giving away on stream or just keep them?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pacman and the Splatoon amiibo arrived today, Jigglypuff should arrive tomorrow and then Charizard, Robin and Lucina on thursday. Got to play through all of the Inkling Girl's missions the the rewards are pretty alright. The clothes are only two stars and from what I'm aware the the 2 hidden abilities should always be random so they're not really different from the other clothing other than that they can only be gotten through the amiibo. And the weapon unlock is just a weapon skin. It completely identical to one of the lower level weapon in both stats and sub/special weapon load-out and I'm gonna assume it's the same for the other two amiibo as well. The missions themselves are eh. They're the same single player missions just with a different weapon, which changes the feel for some of the levels but really only for the later levels. However I can not imagine completing the last mission with a roller. That sounds like a nightmare.

On a different note the Chibi Robo amiibo is pretty cute. Probably not getting it though since I have to buy the game for it and the game doesn't interest me too much. I laughed during the direct when Bill starting talking about amiibo after saying "speaking of experiments..."

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Really wish I still saw Sonics on my shelves. I'd pick one up and try make a custom. :c
Amazon's selling Sonic right now for $12.99, he's not as rare as you'd think.

I was looking to give them away on my stream but I mainly play console shooters. Is it worth giving away on stream or just keep them?
If you want to make people happy, then yes. Also, I'd be more than willing to take the Robin & Lucina off your hands; a friend of mine is looking for both of them at the moment.

Last edited:

LeopardTalon

Smash Rookie
I dont play Smash nor do I own a Wii-U but I was able to get some Amiibos I told were pretty good. Robin. Wario, Charizard, Greninja, and Lucina. I was looking to give them away on my stream but I mainly play console shooters. Is it worth giving away on stream or just keep them?
If you have interest in the game then I would say to keep them or have them as collectibles if you really want to. Otherwise, other people would really appreciate some of them.
I'd be interested in the Charizard or Greninja. I missed out on them at my local stores.

Last edited:

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Hey guys. Remember when I said this a few pages back?
Raccoonman_900 said:
I also got the Splatoon amiibo 3 Pack (unless my dad manages to find it, in which I could potentially give to my cousin).
Well… my Dad actually did find a Splatoon 3 Pack. Because of that, the pack I ordered from Amazon will be given to my cousin. Also, my Dad purchased a Silver Mario as well. Here's a picture of the 4.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
My collection has grown a lot.
At this point, all I'm missing is -
:4dedede::4lucario::4littlemac::4pit::rosalina::4shulk: and :4villager:, as well as Mario Line :4bowser: and :4peach:, but those 2 are easy to find

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amazon US doesn't ship internationally so it doesn't matter to me, and I'd have to go out of my way for it.

He's rare over here though, pretty much the initial stock was all we got/are getting. I got him fine, and got a second for a friend in the US (who kinda regretted it since he ended up popping up as pretty common in New York for a while), but I'm only gonna get another for a custom if I have money to burn and can get him cheap. Hoping he does pop up over here again.

--------------

Got another pair this morning:

Overcharged for them but whatever. I got them now.

Also at the very least I know how ShopTo packages Amiibos now:

Both figures had one of these boxes all to themselves. The tape was also a little loose. I was actually able to open this box without needing to cut the tape, I just plain ripped it off.

Mine arrived in perfect condition, but I would still be wary if you are an NiB collector, especially if you live in the US.

This leaves me at 31 Smash Amiibos and 3 Super Mario Amiibos in my possession, 2 Smash Amiibos (and Silver Mario...and a Meowbo!) secured for me by my New York friend, 2 Smash Amiibos pre-ordered and fully paid for (also a second ZSS for New Yorker), 2 Smash Amiibos pre-ordered and partially paid for, and 4 Amiibos pre-ordered, but not paid for on the Play-Asia restock.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad Daps for the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition; I've always hated that Sega never released that in the states.

LeopardTalon

Smash Rookie
Amazon US doesn't ship internationally so it doesn't matter to me, and I'd have to go out of my way for it.

He's rare over here though, pretty much the initial stock was all we got/are getting. I got him fine, and got a second for a friend in the US (who kinda regretted it since he ended up popping up as pretty common in New York for a while), but I'm only gonna get another for a custom if I have money to burn and can get him cheap. Hoping he does pop up over here again.

--------------

Got another pair this morning:

Overcharged for them but whatever. I got them now.

Also at the very least I know how ShopTo packages Amiibos now:

Both figures had one of these boxes all to themselves. The tape was also a little loose. I was actually able to open this box without needing to cut the tape, I just plain ripped it off.

Mine arrived in perfect condition, but I would still be wary if you are an NiB collector, especially if you live in the US.

This leaves me at 31 Smash Amiibos and 3 Super Mario Amiibos in my possession, 2 Smash Amiibos (and Silver Mario...and a Meowbo!) secured for me by my New York friend, 2 Smash Amiibos pre-ordered and fully paid for (also a second ZSS for New Yorker), 2 Smash Amiibos pre-ordered and partially paid for, and 4 Amiibos pre-ordered, but not paid for on the Play-Asia restock.
Where did you pre-order your ZSS amiibo from?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad Daps for the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition; I've always hated that Sega never released that in the states.

Here's a photo that gives a bit of a better view of the contents:

Amazon Germany still has it for more or less it's original price on PS3 if you are interested in getting it I got mine from them back when it came out, and also got my Rosalina Amiibo from them, so they're legit (even if they technically lost my Rosalina, but that resulted in me getting her for free, so...).
http://www.amazon.de/Sega-Sonic-Gen...keywords=sonic+generations+collectors+edition

Where did you pre-order your ZSS amiibo from?
I pre-ordered two of her from GameStop.ie. They don't ship anything outside of the UK & Ireland though, and they don't have any left there anyway.

Top Bottom