• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ammse:2 12/16

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

Same rules, i don't want to copy yet

1. KoRoBeNiKi
2. Sensei
3. JaimeHR
4. dandan
5. \\ª{[Ð-Ñ]}ª{I)mNotPro[A-G]¤
6. Felipe_9595
7. Battlecow
8. Sharksquall
9. Untrust us
10. Mahie
11. ShootingStar
12. Saske

dandan

Smash Lord
i want in, i hope it would be alright this time, i usually have 4-5 frames with east coasters, i dunno why it was so high with saske.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Korobeniki, i got 5-7 frames with all the american (i played with isai with 6 frames)
That's terrible, and incorrect. First of all, Isai is about the CLOSEST you can get to Chile except maybe like deep southwest, yet you got 6 frames with him. That means you are gonna get 8-9 frames with people from the east coast and northeast.

Second, anything above 5 frames is pretty unacceptable imo.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
That's terrible, and incorrect. First of all, Isai is about the CLOSEST you can get to Chile except maybe like deep southwest, yet you got 6 frames with him. That means you are gonna get 8-9 frames with people from the east coast and northeast.

you test him since you are an east coast person with a great connection and you are the person disliking his connection.

I'll allow 6 frames at the worst.

Also, are you signing up, champion

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I would like to, but I leave the country on June 7th. I have no confidence that this tourney will finish before then and would prefer to not have to forfeit. If you can set solid deadlines for each round to ensure it doesn't take over 2 weeks then I will consider signing up. If not, count me out.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I would but this tournament is called AOL MMSE2, not MSN MMSE2. Go on AIM and I'll test with you.

Looks you dont wannna me in the tournament :/

Battlecow

Play to Win
Count me in. And yes to the 2 week idea that Nintendude had.

You can find all my stuff in the last tourney. I still can't play p2p. I'll LAN with anyone on East or west coast servers- all North americans should have very acceptable delay.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I'll sign up again. I must redeem my self, and show you my moves.
All my info is in the last tourney.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Looks you dont wannna me in the tournament :/
I don't think I've said anything unreasonable or targeting you specfically. I don't use MSN, and you are gonna have to get AIM anyway to play in this tourney, so you might as well get it now and find me on AIM so we can test the connection.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You should make battlefield a legal counterpick. Ledges of death aren't so bad (peach's castle doesn't even have ledges) and you could do the Saffron City thing with Ness.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
You should make battlefield a legal counterpick. Ledges of death aren't so bad (peach's castle doesn't even have ledges) and you could do the Saffron City thing with Ness.
I'd be fine with it if other people want to use it as well.

Signing up sharksquall

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlefield is bad man
You know better than me- I've only been playing on it for like a week- but why? is it the ledges? if so, what's so terrible about not having the ability to DI off the wall? That comes in useful once a match at the very most, and often you get killed anyways. Explain plz.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Lies

Not being able to DI off the ledge is because it's a SKILL, and Battlefield takes that skill away for no reason, and with no benefits.
So what about Congo Jungle? It's the same deal there. imo the only good argument against banning it is it isn't a legit stage. The stage itself is definitely suitable for a counterpick.

dandan

Smash Lord
So what about Congo Jungle? It's the same deal there. imo the only good argument against banning it is it isn't a legit stage. The stage itself is definitely suitable for a counterpick.
i think another reason could be that a lot of people do not play at all, and it is kind of harsh making them play it in a tourney.

The Star King

Smash Hero
FFFF you got me there

i think another reason could be that a lot of people do not play at all, and it is kind of harsh making them play it in a tourney.
A lot of people don't play Congo Jungle either, and Congo Jungle is legal.

dandan

Smash Lord
A lot of people don't play Congo Jungle either, and Congo Jungle is legal.
that is a way to look at it, but i meant as bf is not a stage you can pick without cheats, it has even less exposure.
people who mainly play on console, and want to play in online tournies will have huge difficulties playing a stage they cannot without owning a gameshark.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The main platform of Congo Jungle bothers me for some reason... the layout, and the fact that you can go through it. I dunno.

It changes edgeguarding/recovery completely.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I guess I'll help you towards your goal of 16 people. The emphasis on using AIM and the fact that the last tournament finished makes me a little less weary about joining a non-japanese style tournament.

Name used on Galaxy64: The Star King
Username on Smashboards: ShootingStar
Can you host p2p?: No =/
What is your AIM: TheStarKing
What time are you on: 3-10 PM everyday

Top Bottom