• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An idea I've had for 'em

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
A random set of three Pokémon are issued to the trainer. Depending on which trainer you chose from the Character Select Screen, you'll have the following Pokémon combinations which change with every match:

Trainer A (Male Trainer 1): Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (#1), Charmander/Wartortle/Venusaur (#2), Bulbasaur/Charmeleon/Blastoise (#3)
Trainer B (Male Trainer 2): Totodile/Bayleef/Typhlosion (#1), Cyndaquil/Croconaw/Meganium (#2), Chikorita/Quilava/Feraligatr (#3)
Trainer C (Female Trainer 1): Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken (#1), Torchic/Marshtomp/Sceptile (#2), Treecko/Combusken/Swampert (#3)
Trainer D (Female Trainer 2): Piplup/Grotle/Infernape (#1), Chimchar/Prinplup/Torterra (#2), Turtwig/Monferno/Empoleon (#3)

No worries, the gist of each Pokémon type's special moves are all the same, so appearances are basically just for fun. Their evolution stages merely determine their strength, speed, and what-not.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Sounds good being able to use Grovyle, he is my favourite one along with Blaziken. Though some of the moves will not fit the characters (i.e. Torchic using Charizard's side B ''¬¬) Obviously that won't happen, but nice idea.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
Costume changes for the Trainer are possible. Doubt it for the Pokemon. Charizard is the only one that can GLIDE.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Even though the character is "Pokemon Trainer", honestly, you're playing as the Pokemon themselves. The Pokemon being used aren't a costume that can be changed.

Admittedly, I'd have much preferred Blastoise as the 3rd stage of the three. ^_^

PKLucas13

Smash Rookie
Yeah, they should very it up if they were goinf to do that, not all 3rd evo fires 2nd evo grass's and 1st evo water...

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Admittedly, I'd have much preferred Blastoise as the 3rd stage of the three. ^_^
Amen, I agree entirely

Trainer A (Male Trainer 1): Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (#1), Charmander/Wartortle/Venusaur (#2), Bulbasaur/Charmeleon/Blastoise (#3)
Thants what i said for alt. customs on the Offical Pokemon Trainer Discussion Thread and I was shot down.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
GOGO GLIDING SCEPTILE/SWAMPERT/ETC!

I personally hate the thought of ALT costumes, and if they did, they better not
change the moveset/style of the characters, that'd just be stupid... just make
them seperate characters then...

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Too many combinations. I would just like it if they stick with the 3 pokemon. I would only like Costume changes for Pokemon Trainer =\(aka Female trainer)

Cless

Smash Champion
Umm, how the hell would you account for the move animations and everything when changing the pkmn? Way too much work, although changing the trainer around would be cool.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i seriously doubt that the pokemon trainer will actually be MORE than the 3 characters available, different costumes as different characters is a bad idea, no dittos is a horrible horrible thing.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i like the accessories and that's all that should be changed besides the pt looking different.

Top Bottom