• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
Just take a look at what goat said:
-The last character unlocked is Spider-Man by beating SSE on the highest difficulty after beating it with all other characters. He steps in instead of Meta Knight in the final battle and you fight the final boss as him. Upon winning he is unlocked.
He lost all credibility there if you ask me. Besides, Spider-Man doesn't meet Sakurai's criteria for inclusion of characters or does he?

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I searched but I didn't find anything.

synchronicityiii

Smash Rookie
Just take a look at what goat said:

He lost all credibility there if you ask me. Besides, Spider-Man doesn't meet Sakurai's criteria for inclusion of characters or does he?

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I searched but I didn't find anything.
he said he was joking about that if you go look back at his blog.

and great effort to the author of this thread

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
theallmightygoat said:
3. CHARIZARD'S UP-B MOVE

There has been much speculation as to what Charizard's Up-B will be. Well, I'm here to end that speculation. It is not fly, but instead it's Air Slash from the Diamond and Pearl games. Charizard slashes upward with incredible force into the air, knocking opponents in the process. He then glides through the air. It's a pretty powerful move, I've been told. It's similar to Fox's Up-B.
I rather liked what allmightygoat said for his updates up until that fake roster fiasco, which I really think the whole "lol it was a joke!1!" is just covering his ***. But after this and the confirmation that Charizard's Up-B is Fly, when allmightygoat made specific mention that it wasn't, we can say that allmightygoat's info is falty

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Air Cutter and Fly close enough? Honestly, sometimes people don't have the precise name for the particular move. You can tell he obviously doesn't play Pokemon, for the fact that he thought Air Cutter was Air Slash. Also, if you look in the CoroCoro screen shot of Charizard doing his Up-B, then you'll see that it looks like he cuts right through the air. I don't think he should be debunked just quite yet.

EDIT: In the move description, it even says he "slashes" up into the air with incredible force... Sounds like an air slash, doesn't it?

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Aren't Air Cutter and Fly close enough? Honestly, sometimes people don't have the precise name for the particular move. You can tell he obviously doesn't play Pokemon, for the fact that he thought Air Cutter was Air Slash. Also, if you look in the CoroCoro screen shot of Charizard doing his Up-B, then you'll see that it looks like he cuts right through the air. I don't think he should be debunked just quite yet.

EDIT: In the move description, it even says he "slashes" up into the air with incredible force... Sounds like an air slash, doesn't it?
Interesting point, I hadn't considered this.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
That fact is that he went out of his way to specifically state: "It is not Fly". This is not an interpretation of the moves aesthetics from him, this is him flat out giving the name of the move "Air Cutter"

However, it is Fly.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I know that, but keep reading. It then states that he continues on by "gliding" through the air... Again, the first part sounds like an air slash, but if you look at the move as a whole, you would probably sum it up to be known as fly, because the point of shooting himself up is to continue on gliding. I mean, why would his recovery move be called Air Cutter? In Pokemon, Air Cutter is just a slashing attack that serves no flying purpose, while Fly is actually a name for a move that would serve the purpose of recovering.

That fact is that he went out of his way to specifically state: "It is not Fly". This is not an interpretation of the moves aesthetics from him, this is him flat out giving the name of the move "Air Cutter"

However, it is Fly.
He went out of his way to tell us that the move was simply not flying. If you didn't notice, he derived his point off a screen shot, showing Charizrd cutting through the air. It's not like he saw a **** slide show of the move. If I had only see that one screen shot as well, I would've considered the move to be "Air Cutter" or "Air Slash" as well.

If anything, the move shouldn't be called Fly. He slashes into the air, and then glides... That is not what Fly does in Pokemon. It's an attack that starts off by flying up into the air first, and then attacking. Not the other way around.

I really don't get why some of you people are so quick to call somebody a liar off of one thing. It's a name for goodness sake...not the actual description of the move...

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
He went out of his way to tell us that the move was simply not flying. If you didn't notice, he derived his point off a screen shot, showing Charizrd cutting through the air. It's not like he saw a **** slide show of the move. If I had only see that one screen shot as well, I would've considered the move to be "Air Cutter" or "Air Slash" as well
Wait what? When did he say that he gets his info from screenshots? He says that he has "sources" working on the Game that he simply asks for info from, and his "sources" told him "It's not Fly, it's Air Cutter", and this is incorrect

Secondly, he provided contradicting info. In the first mention of the Charizard move, his source completely described the move, even adding in "from what I've heard it's like Fox's Up-B", this gives the impression that the source is someone actually working on the game or atleast involved enough to actually play as Charizard and see the move

Then in the correction update, he mentions that the Charizard information he received was from someone translating the CoroCoro Charizard character card, not someone involved on the game. The character cards don't give descriptions of the moves, can't tell you "he slices up and then glides", or tell you that the move is like Fox's Up-B, this is a contradiction of information.

And on the note of the character cards, his explanation for the mix-up with the names is "He made a more literal translation and assumed it to be Air Cutter, yet got the two confused. ", and this too is incorrect. As you can see in the CoroCoro Character Card Translation thread, the card makes no mention of "Air Slash" or "Air Cutter" to be confused with! The literal translation says "fly through the sky", or as we know it, the move known as "Fly".

He gave conflicting info as a cover up, contradicting himself, and on top of that was wrong about the information he was giving. Added to his whole "joke roster" thing, I don't think we can trust him anymore.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Read one of his previous updates... He states that you can see the move in action through a CoroCoro screen shot from sometime back. Just read some of the older updates on his blog and you'll find it. He didn't say he had gotten his information from screen shots, he just pointed that out. I guess I should have been more specific on that point.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Don't some of us feel stupid...oh and by "us" i mean the people who were actually trying defending him. Tsk tsk tsk.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Why him and not ChaosZero?
Exactly. Since ChaosZero was the only 'prophet' to accurately predict some info that no one knew about partially beforehand (the Dragoon parts), he's the only one I see as a true prophet at the moment. It's still entirely possible that some of his info is false and some of it true though...

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Didn't rapscouter stop posting awhile ago? I bet we still haven't seen a real leak yet. Though most of them are probably pretty close to what we'll be seeing in the next coming week, with the japanese starting to leak their info.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Fliptroopa got more rapscouter stuff on the other thread here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3699769&postcount=1524

Alright, im back. Here's my update, and just like always I have 3 lies in here.

Another Fire Emblem level will be in.

Mewtwo will be returning.

Leafeon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon will be pokeball pokemon.

There will be no rival P.T. in the game. (C'mon Blaziken, Turtwig, and Croconaw I think it was no, if anything it would be Blastoise, Charmeleon, and Bulbasaur, maybe or maybe not, but I do know Blastoise would be in the there.

Rayquaza will not be the only Pokemon boss in Subspace Emissary.

The third 3rd party character is from Capcom.

There will be a level in here that will have SNES graphics. (I have no idea what it's from, but that's how it was described to me.)

After you get all the cds, you can supposedly upload your own music via memory stick.

Twilight Fossil- Stallord, and Twilight Igniter- Fyrus are bosses in Subspace Emissary.

Monty Mole, and Professor E. Gadd are assist trophies.

Big Goron's Sword, and Poison Mushroom are items.

I don't know the next time I will update you guys with info, but I will update again.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
Well, the goat guy, albeit fake, did mention a few things in his "info" that I had never thought of, which was nice, I guess... And at least he let it go early.

It's true, no matter what anybody says: Smash is fun, so have fun with it.
No matter who the final roster is, I know Brawl will be great.
I'mean, the roster right now is already far better than Melee's, and we've STILL got more to come!

I can't wait!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Thealmightgoat has to go, he said himself he was not credible at all. But I knew this pretty much since he kept falling all over himself, correcting himself, making "joke" updates and all of that. No real leaker would go back and correct himself so many times because of changed information through a different source.

edracon

Smash Cadet
you can remove "thealmightygoat", he spit it out. He said that he never had any sources, and that all of it was completely made up.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well, with the goat admitting to being fake, forbrawlbattle's AT leak becomes suspect at best. It included Pak E Derm, which thealmightygoat had "updated" two days before, doing exactly what the goat said. Which means either goat had a very, very good guess there, or forbrawlbattle is fake too, and copied Pak E Derm from goat.

Zevox

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I think this just goes to prove that we can't trust anything other than the Dojo right now. At best, thealmightygoat's speculations DID sound plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of them were actually correct.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Thealmightygoat, while semi more believeable than FForceSultan, was obviously a lie awhile back. Just the way he would "update" stuff and flat our refused to give characters. He didn't want to reveal anything big, because then it would be easy to find info to discredit him. If he revealed the roster, than as soon as we found a character that wasn't on his he would be shown to be wrong. He was just giving us "safe" small tidbits of the game that you wouldn't find out until you played it.

Other than ChaosZero (who I still question the rest of his post, despite the Dragoon prediction) I really don't believe any of these...it's just not even worth it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think this just goes to prove that we can't trust anything other than the Dojo right now. At best, thealmightygoat's speculations DID sound plausible. I wouldn't be surprised if a handful of them were actually correct.
Since when have you thought we can trust anyone about Brawl info?

Only the Dojo and whatever comes out of Sakurai's mouth should be taken as truth.

Also, the goat was very entertaining, and I'm glad he kept me from getting bored by making these fake updates. Truly fun.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I don't like rapscouter's predictions, so Cheers to him being debunked by Friday!

forbrawlbattle is a very "safe" looking prophet however. He's not predicting characters or stages, it's all Assist Trophies. He seems to be doing well with almost half his list green. Either way it's no real concern because of the aforementioned safeness of his claims.
We can only wait and see.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Since thealmightygoat was probably the most believable to me...

I offically retract any beliefs about statements from ALL prophets/leakers now until the japanese release... (yes even chaos zero...)

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
The problem is that Rapscouter cannot be debunked because of that 3 lies buffer. The only way for him to be debunked is if FOUR
or more lies are discovered or the game truly leaks shortly before or during Japanese release. That 3 lies buffer is what makes him lose credibility in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom