• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmackerel

Smash Apprentice
As awesome as it would be if MarkMan, Reno, and the NeroGAF mods were participating in some sort of elaborate ruse on the Smash communiy for the hell of it, that's the stuff of fanfiction. Well, I suppose people can still cling to the hope that MarkMan and Reno saw a non-final build of the game that was missing some characters...

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Maybe Nintendo leak a fake roster on purpose, to get us away from the real final roster.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I want to see the pics from the Final Version. A character select screen with all the characters will do!

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Yeah maybe everyone outside of the smash community saw us as vunerable to roster leaks, so they put an elaborate plan into action.

Jash Thor

Smash Cadet
I don't see why it's implausible that these credible leakers are simply hoaxing us. Anyone who spends some time on popular video game forums knows that premature roster reveals have been all the rage, with prophets springing up like dandelions. Why not throw your own "predictions" into the mix for fun? If I was one of those guys, I would find it absolutely hilarious to watch as nearly thousands of users scrambled to make sense of it. I'm positive they're just ******* around with all of you guys.

As cathars1s articulated very well before, it's almost illogical to assume this 35 character roster is correct. Why would Sakurai open a national poll, pick certain characters (like King DeDeDe and Diddy Kong) and then ignore other highly requested characters (like Geno and Ridley) in favor of ROB, an obscure unimportant character from a franchise full of alternate and BETTER choices? It lacks any reason at all. Sakurai has made it clear this is a game for the fans, and it's near criminal to shaft popular choices in favor of somebody like ROB. I mean c'mon....ROB? Seriously?

I honestly think all of these credible posters are simply having a row. When the game drops on January 31st, I'm positive we'll find a game with more choices than 35 and much more suitable fighters.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I completely agree with cathars1s (except Isaac isn't just a simple swordsman, contrary to popular opinion).

Zevox

Smash Lord
Looks like MarkMan has commented on a PoR topic:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40921590

Go the end.
Meh, not very interesting. He just found the idiotic ramblings of the GameFAQs community amusing. Most intelligent people do - well, either that, or find it so repulsive they avoid that site like the plague.

Edit: Okay, so now he just confirmed PortraitofRuin to be legit. Thats something I suppose, although given their information agrees perfectly it nothing we hadn't already figured out.

Zevox

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Well, MarkMan confirms PoR:

I post on GameFAQs/Gamespot in the Tekken forums, but thanks for welcoming me... now about portraitofruin...

Well PoR is legit guys, she always has been. I wouldn't ever question her... I'm pretty sure she got this info on her own. What i was suprised with was how serious ppl are taking this and arguing/disscussing irrelavent stuff.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Added the NeoGAF guys...I have a feeling there's a conspiracy here. I just can't imagine a 35 character roster for a "ridiculous number of characters." They seem like they're leeching off each other's info...which originated from NyaseNya...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why the hell were people flaming Serebii when all he did was basically confirm Lucario (Who was obvious) and deconfirm Mewtwo (Which made me mad, especially with Ness' return)

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Like I say, they need pics and I will believe them. It's obvious that no one has complete info as Serebii and ChaosZero said it sounds too small... ChaosZero SHOULD know the complete roster as he is a leaker, but doesn't.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I keep seeing this quote about Nintendo saying there would be a crazy amount of characters. Guess what? There is. Until Nintendo says a crazy amount of PLAYABLE characters, then you can complain. But there are a ton of characters in this game, represented through the playables, the assist trophies, the bosses and the regular trophies. The Jump Ultimate Stars game for Nintendo DS pulled the same trick. "Over 500 characters!" But not all of those characters were playable. There was playable characters, support characters and help characters that can increase certain stats.

So anyone who took what Nintendo said literally...are disappointing themselves.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Like I say, they need pics and I will believe them. It's obvious that no one has complete info as Serebii and ChaosZero said it sounds too small... ChaosZero SHOULD know the complete roster as he is a leaker, but doesn't.
Their roster is BASED off chaoszero's information...

I say EVERYONE (except Serebii) is lying

Zek

Smash Ace
Coincidence?

"GoateBoate
Posted 1/19/2008 10:06:43 PM
message detail I will admit. I have no credibility whatsover on my own part because I will not reveal my source. However, I will tell you what I know to be correct. The "rows" indicate each row in the character select screen. The characters go from left to right on each row.

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff"

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Coincidence?

"GoateBoate
Posted 1/19/2008 10:06:43 PM
message detail I will admit. I have no credibility whatsover on my own part because I will not reveal my source. However, I will tell you what I know to be correct. The "rows" indicate each row in the character select screen. The characters go from left to right on each row.

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff"
It fits perfectly if when secret characters appear it slides the rest of the row down

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Food for thought:

Had they revealed this information prematurely, Nintendo can (and will) background check for breaking the NDA act.

They would be fired from their jobs; possible even threatened with fines....

NOBODY is going to risk their life over a video game roster.

They are throwing you for a loop because if they told you the ACTUAL ROSTER THEY WOULD HAVE NINTENDO BREATHING DOWN THEIR NECKS!

They released an incomplete roster.

Now everyone; shut up.

radiansansred

Smash Rookie
So now we sit back as things get confirmed one character/stage at a time, huh?

Quite frankly, now I'm more interested in the Assist Trophies. Maybe there are 48 of THOSE, eh? Eh?
...yeah, I'll be quiet now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow....this could be it. Brace yourselves, Smash community. Final proof is upon us.

For better or for worse: this is the end.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Here's another reason why I'm not believing the 35 character list with ROB in it: ZELDA HAS MORE REPS THAN MARIO. What the hell? You could argue that Sheik doesn't count, yet the general impression of most fans, and seemingly Sakurai himself, is that she's a 'different' character to Zelda, which would mean Mario loses a rep space, while Zelda is essentially remaining at five characters.

If worst came to worst, wouldn't the team of pulled a Melee and just shoved in another Mario character just to emphasize Mario's importance? I shouldn't get worked up about this as I feel the roster is almost entirely BS (ROB's an SSE enemy, the point I just brought up, the fact that there's NO evidence whatsoever other than for once, leakers are agreeing with each other), but I have no idea why so many people are acting as if this is believable, let alone credible. The minute a character who's not in those 35 character lists is shown off, the entire thing will hopefully be forgotten.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
That pic is fake. Why would u put zelda and sheik together? that's stupid, and why was there a Samus/Zamus spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom