• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analyzing Mewtwo's Changes (Now with a Buffs and Nerfs list)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually we paid 100.00$ (buying both games, even more if you count system costs).
Most of us didn't spend that 100$ just for Mewtwo, unless you're reaaaaaaaaaly dedicated.
That money went to the games themselves.

againiam

Smash Rookie
Does it seem like his traction is better this time around? He seems to stop instantly in the two pokeball scenes with the Mew and that bug looking pokemon whose name escapes me. Hopefully he won't be pushed a mile away after shielding attacks like Luigi.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Genesect. And I hope his traction is better too, but low traction could probably be turned into an advantage somehow.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think he may of just been walking. He slides quit a bit when dashing into Up Smash.

Edit: Then again, the animation did look exactly the same...huh. Maybe it was just the angle we saw it at?

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think he may of just been walking. He slides quit a bit when dashing into Up Smash.

Edit: Then again, the animation did look exactly the same...huh. Maybe it was just the angle we saw it at?
Up-Smash carries momentum over in Brawl and Smash 4. When you stop running you enter into a "break" state that makes you stop much faster. Up-Smash is much more important to "guess" what his traction will be like because his breaking might just be really good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Up-Smash carries momentum over in Brawl and Smash 4. When you stop running you enter into a "break" state that makes you stop much faster. Up-Smash is much more important to "guess" what his traction will be like because his breaking might just be really good.
Oh, uh, heh. I'm still kind of new to the competitive scene, so I'm still getting a hand of these mechanics.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Final 3 moves revealed

They are the same as melee as well.

D-air accually got a explosion now so thats buffed for more accuracy and knockback

Sacredden

Smash Cadet
Midair confusion didnt do that in Melee, but than again none of my friends used MewTwo back than so I probably haven't seen.
Back air doesnt hit on the bottom of the swing, looks like hitbox starts parallel to him
Also Neutral B does not do damage while charging....

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Fair: now sends characters sideways instead of up for juggles.
D-smash: now launches characters up instead of sideways at a low angle.
Both moves seem to have the highest KB for their category (aerials & smashes) to compensate for the lack of range on Fair and D-smash still only hitting side(?)

TL;DR Fair & D-smash are Mewtwos new killing moves!

Top Bottom