• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ANCIENT SMASH 64 INDEX - Rest well, old friend. Star King will forever be Dirk King.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Edit: I kept running into a stupid error after uploading the file... the new link should be the fixed version.
You were probably running into trouble because you were uploading to Rapidshare!

Didn't your mother ever tell you that Rapidshare gives uploaders' IPs and personal information away to rights holders!?

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Is there anyway to get rid of borders on project 64 when playing on fullscreen. "offline of course"

Any another thing either kaillera or galaxy 64 is messed pretty bad. I was playing online today and when I lagged stat my self me and oppenent stats were HIGH like in the thousands and in the hundreds. The thing is when we we're playing we didn't seem to experience no lag at all.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
You were probably running into trouble because you were uploading to Rapidshare!

Didn't your mother ever tell you that Rapidshare gives uploaders' IPs and personal information away to rights holders!?
That's not why lol. It was a problem with one of the jabo graphics plugins which I fixed and re-uploaded(switched links). I was just saying I didn't run into/notice the problem until after I just uploaded it.

I also fixed all the other problems for myself, including the fullscreen crashing(there's two 1920x1080 32bpp 60hz resolutions, one of them crashes the other one doesn't :ohwell:)

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Galaxys lag stat isnt that crazy...

he was lagging and yous just didnt notice...it was probably a small lag but very consistent
Lol me and this guy was lagging in the 300 spike on the stat, thats considered small. I hosted and we played which seemed like flawless 0 spike matches, and every match I'll reset the lag just incase it did went crazy, but I accidently clicked lagstat and the number was hella big, yet the lag wasn't that visible as if it was 3 spikes instead of 300

dch111

Smash Journeyman
cheeseball or a mod should update the character discussion section so it also links to the character discussion board. Otherwise there will be necrobumping of the old threads.

Should sliding fsmash be considered an outright technique? I'm thinking of adding it to the guide on the virtue that it's similar to canceling a jump with a Usmash, except here you're canceling a dash with an Fsmash (though the dash is actually executed a bit unlike the jump).

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, an edit may go unnoticed.

I've updated the terms and techniques list, uploaded at this new link:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...gyZmQtOGVlNjg4Y2JiYjc2&hl=en&authkey=CJLj_5gD

if someone would kindly update the first post, I'd much appreciate it.

Summary of changes:
  • Added sliding fsmash, samus's fast charge cancel, changed attacking ledge drop --> buffered ledge drop
  • Consistent terms using this system:
    UpB, DownB, B
    Usmash, Dsmash, Fsmash
    Utilt, Ftilt, Dtilt
    Uair, Fair, Dair, Bair

(before, there were variations in capitalizations, and unecessary use of hyphens when it could have been abbreviated this way without any loss of information)

Jabs are a trickier subject...though I haven't needed much distinction among them, for future reference, I'm using this convention:

Jab, AA, AAA, Rapid A

which should cover all variations without any confusion.

(Alternate convention:

Neutral A, Double-tap A, Triple-tap A, Rapid A

The other convention is more succinct though)
  • Doug Hug
  • All titles capitalized, updated priority, new info from hitboxes, minor corrections and additions.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That's really, really boss. I only read over a couple of the most updated-y pages, but it looks... ****ing good, man.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
could cheeseball or a mod update the Advanced Techs section so it uses the new link?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Apologies, been busy lately

Updates include new links up the top, revamped character section (leading to new section/respective threads), other boards changed, stickies section changed, and of course the new pdf file.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
just tried the new client, works really well, the glide plugin doesn't cause the graphics error like with jab00.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So I printed off DCH's guide, and it's become popular reading around the hallways of my school. I'm fairly sure that most people are just laughing (good-naturedly) at it/me, but a fair number have actually taken it seriously.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
If anyone is laughing at you seriously tell them to sit and spin.

If you get ANYONE to reconsider how they play smash64, and try to get more competitive...who cares what fools chirp about!

Remember to point them online as well

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Hmm all of a sudden I don't feel comfortable leaving my name and personal email on the doc...

Sorry to bother cheeseball and the mods again...but could you update the link once more with the new one below? It'll be the last one for awhile, I promise. It's just a matter of privacy.

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2...kwM2YtY2FjZGFmZjY3ZjJi&hl=en&authkey=CPXuu4EN

I also took the opportunity to make some final adjustments--this will definitely be the last update for a very long time (unless someone discovers a crazy new trick).

Thanks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey, I forgot how to make it possible to use C-buttons on the old PJ64k. There was something to download or something... Does anyone remember? That should be in this thread as well as basic how-to-run a controller on pj64 tutorial. If there is one and I missed it, disregard this comment and point me to it.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
My last update to the AT document, this time in high quality:

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=d...XMFRFM1ZWYUlNWm1BTjFlNCtQM2hRPQ&revision=true

Cheeseball or a mod please update the first page of this thread?

If an important update needs to be made, just send me a PM. I get notifications at gmail, so I'll be alerted (and just use google's version changing feature). Though if it happens frequently enough, maybe I'll pass it on to someone willing.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The file page itself is inaccessible to me at the moment because of some virus scan error.

Perhaps reupload? Or is it usually like this for a while?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
dandan's pj64 file has the URL of his commentating youtube channel as the exit message on kaillera.

UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TOWARDS OTHER COMMENTATING CHANNELS

sort of...

dandan

Smash Lord
dandan's pj64 file has the URL of his commentating youtube channel as the exit message on kaillera.

UNFAIR ADVANTAGE TOWARDS OTHER COMMENTATING CHANNELS

sort of...
lol that was unintentional, but i like it.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Mr.Chesseball341 Could you be so kind as to add my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NGCDragoonFighter to the list of youtube channels in your guide? It is not just for SSB64 as I plan on posting a few game runs as well as online battles with Mario kart64 however I do plan on posting most/some of my SSB64 online matches there.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Is your SSB ROM still in the same place it once was? This is assuming you're opening it from the directory list.

Try the File>Open ROM approach and browse for the ROM.

Top Bottom