• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And the best Peach is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Clearly SSR is the best Peach. He outplaced Dark.Pch, NikoK, and Hova at COT4 :p

/random troll post

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I am the best Peach in... hm. Where was I again? What was I doing? *walks off*

But seriously, I approve of this thread. It's full of such win with the idea, and really, it's a fact. Why put a label on someone, anyway? We're all Peach players with different styles. I don't think we should rank ourselves, and instead try and learn from each others' approaches to playing Peach. ^_^

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good post, and excellent message Praxis.

Things like this is why the Peach boards keep running.

Clearly SSR is the best Peach. He outplaced Dark.Pch, NikoK, and Hova at COT4 :p

/random troll post
SSR for Peach King! :bee:

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Man Praxis you are so right, you hit it on the nail for real.

I don't know about you guys but I'm about to step it up and start representing, turnips everywhere you know what i mean, More hearts than candy hearts you know what i mean, I'm talking Lalalalla musical chairs combos you know what I mean, I'm talking Peach is gonna slap a Snake, you know I mean, I'm talking I'mma punch a hoe

Let's do this guys

Let's represent her to her fullest. Because we all know she's really amazing. =)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
*GASP!* I HAS IDEAZ

how about we kinda talk about each others strong points as a peach player?
like a modivational boost and maybe good discussion for incorporating some tricks that some peach mains do to help them win matches.

=D

ill start

Mikey Lenetia: loving that tap dancing. what i really like about your peach, is her approaches they look so simple, but are so devastating because you will take 30+ dmg and get sent off the stage. so what do u think are some good approaches with peach that are fast, simple, and can turn the flow of battle in her favor?

Props to the other peaches like Praxis, Sky, Dark Pch (>_____>), Excel Zero, Niko K(again >_________>), Kidd (welcome back btw)... i would write what i like about your guyses peaches. but im too lazy atm, and i havent really gotten any really good fights in with u guys, eather due to wifi, or paranoia that wifi would lag to holy hell

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I really like Sky's usage of dair.

I really like VaNz's usage of nair.

I like my own jab game :3

I like Peachkid's usage of turnips.

I like Edrees' simple general intelligence at the game. There's no one remarkable aspect, he's just...smart. Same thing for Azen.

I like Niko_K's usage of dtilt, nair, and footstools.

I like Bone's usage of free turnip pulls.

Every Peach has something I can learn from.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
DSF tells me I'm the smartest Peach though (which means it must be true). :p (After Edrees of course)

Count

Smash Champion
Rowan does a good job of repping peach in the MW! We had an awesome set last weekend!

peach is so underrated..so scary to play a good one as diddy.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I claim best Brawl Peach...in the city of Chicago.

(can't even call IL without having ever seen You)
You can't count out BOX7 who uses Peach as a thirdary & me, I just am never able to get to tournies because of parents, I will one day though. BO X7 is going to the MK clash of brokeness I think, & I encouraged him to use Peach in doubles:lick:, so we'll see what happens.

goodkid

Smash Lord
if were talking about who does what better, excels turnip usage & edgeguarding is really amazing. I think as Peaches we really need to improve our skill as players & not the character. I know it may sound contradicting but in most situations the smarter player wins, not the character. All the technical aspects of Peach just inhance that. Peach has a lot baiting and abusing, like if u predict an attack, toad will defeat it & thats like 5-17% & since Peach can't kill well we need to rack up as much damage as possible w/out fair.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i <3 how i perfected the control stick and the sooper hard floating tech

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Mikey Lenetia: loving that tap dancing. what i really like about your peach, is her approaches they look so simple, but are so devastating because you will take 30+ dmg and get sent off the stage. so what do u think are some good approaches with peach that are fast, simple, and can turn the flow of battle in her favor?
Well, it all really depends on the opponent and such things. If you have the spacing down, you can even try something like hitting with a bair and using the features of it to move her behind a shield if you land. Granted it won't work against characters like MK and Marth with uber up-B moves, but it's something to try. Also, I find the best approach is a fake one. There's nothing more satisfying than getting someone so worked up that they preempt you, you see it coming, and then have free reign to do anything you wish. With Peach's unique spacing tools, it's a lot easier than most people think. If that doesn't work, then try varying approaches. Mix it up and keep them guessing, and eventually you'll get a chance to REALLY deal some damage.

More than anything, though, I say that Peach players shouldn't be afraid to just deal more and more damage as the opponent gets higher in percentage. They'll either get caught off-guard by a powerful move, you unstale a killing one, or you build so much damage that something they won't expect will suddenly be able to kill. Don't be afraid to edgeguard, either, because it'll earn you a lot of bonus damage at the very least if you consistently guess right at what way they'll try to return.

Now some good things. I love Praxis's usage of Green Greens. I love Peachkid's randomness, which helps throw people off-guard. Drk.Pch's spacing is pretty good, too. I wish I could say more, but I've only been able to play a few, and even then it's online. Oh well. Maybe someday. ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom