• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

And this is why you shouldnt listnen to reviews :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
wow, you bring us back in time 9 years just to make fun of a review for SSB64.

You, my fine sir, are god

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
I remember one of the guys on EP always being a harsh reviewer, and often seemed to come off as a casual gamer actually. Wonder if he was the one who did the SSB64 review.

But nonetheless, SSB64 was very good at the time, and although it's still decent, it has admittedly aged poorly. After playing Melee or even SEEING Brawl it makes the original game look like nothing but a way to start the series. Though that can be said for most original fighting game franchises. The heat usually picks up on the sequel.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
You see, while there are 12 fat-heads to play with, four of which are hidden characters like Luigi or Captain Falcon (from StarFox), the control configuration is of the one-button-fits all variety.

LOL.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Wrong forum, but that review is epic. Who doesn't like Smash Bros? Seriously? Whoever wrote that review must have hat a traumatic (and possibly Kirby-related) experience in his childhood.

SolidSnake27

Smash Cadet
LMAO.

This guy can't believe that people were renting and buying the game DESPITE HIS DISAPPROVAL.

He must have thought he was a gaming god.

XD

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
"Super Smash Bros. only vaguely resembles a fighter by today’s standards, it’s 2D. A 2D fighter on the N64. In 1999. "

lawl

I have people up here at college who are still playing the 64 version. Regularly.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
"Super Smash Bros. only vaguely resembles a fighter by today’s standards, it’s 2D. A 2D fighter on the N64. In 1999. "

lawl

I have people up here at college who are still playing the 64 version. Regularly.
ZOMG GUYS!@@# A TWO DIMENSIONAL FIGHTER IN 1999!?!?! PREPOSTEROUS! EVRYGME HASS TO BE 3D TO BE GOOD NOW!

I hope he lost his job for that review.

Anyway, Super Smash Bros. original was a lot of fun, though as someone else has said, it hasn't aged well. Given the vast improvements on it though, it's easy to understand why.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"I don't blame the guy. It was a new franchise that didn't prove itself yet."

...If you're saying that F-Zero was new by the time the first Smash came out, you need to leave.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
This guy's insults are extremely repetitive.

"I don't blame the guy. It was a new franchise that didn't prove itself yet."

...If you're saying that F-Zero was new by the time the first Smash came out, you need to leave.
I think he's saying that Smash was a new franchise that hadn't proven itself.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
"Sure, each character has its own special power (easily invoked), Mario collects that power-star thing and chucks his fireballs; Fox McCloud fires a laser gun and powers-up with a light-sabre. . ."
Is he suggesting that certain items are for individual characters?

"Even that zany Pikachu thing from Pokemon gets a chance to put up its dukes and fight like a plumber"
pikachu fights like an electric rat, that you can only see when you're high. not a plumber.

What is that guy on?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
. However, there’s no way I’m going to ask three friends over just to see if this is the secret of Smash’s success; I want to keep what few friends I have. I’ll not ask them to endure this pap with me.
Best part of the article. Hands down.

(Captain Falcon from Star Fox was a very close second.)

JARR

Smash Rookie
they're just a bunch of turds.

the guy is probably hitting his head on a wall as we speak.

rabbet

Smash Cadet
I remember one of the guys on EP always being a harsh reviewer, and often seemed to come off as a casual gamer actually. Wonder if he was the one who did the SSB64 review.
lol ur thinking of tommy tallarico, he's the guy who does video games live

if i remember correctly the guys on reviews on the run liked SSB better than SSBM, though they gave both high scores

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Electric Playground is full of biased idiots who only follow trends and don't know what the crap they are talking about.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros: Battle of the Fat-Heads

He used that term like 10 times, sheesh.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Dude, someone tell me how to unlock Captain Falcon in Star Fox 64 QUICK!!!!!!! I never know he was in that game!!!!

/sarcasm....

Puffs

Smash Ace
He did get one thing right: Smash Bros. teaches everyone to fear the Puff.

Sagacity

Smash Rookie
Lol. He openly admits to not even trying the multi-player :p

Very dedicated reviewer! :)

Grevling

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon (from StarFox)

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon may not be in StarFox, but James McCloud is in FZERO (of course, not at the time SSB was released).

pika-power

Smash Apprentice
Finally someone who has the same opinion as me! Super smash bros sucks! It is a kiddie game with a horrid fat head battle system! This review has made me realize how bad the Genre is. Screw Smash bros, am going to go back to playing Starfox 64.

WITH CAPTAIN FALCON!

Top Bottom