• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Andross for Brawl! Starfox needs a cool enemy

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Wolf would have been popular if Falco hadn't made the cut in Melee. Now it is easy to associate another space faring pilot animal with Falco who was a clone. Almost all the Starfox characters (save Andross and Krystal with her staff) will be linked to the moveset that Fox and Falco share just with statistical adjustments.

I remember when I saw the Melee introduction, I was excited. I thought Ridley, Goroh, and Wolf would be playable. Villains are underrepped in Smash Brother games and all three were cool villains.

The cool thing about Andross is that he would have to be made from scratch. Fox, Captain Falcon, and maybe to a degree (G&W) had their movesets based on their personality and I have to say all three are very interesting characters to play as.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The cool thing about Andross is that he would have to be made from scratch. Fox, Captain Falcon, and maybe to a degree (G&W) had their movesets based on their personality and I have to say all three are very interesting characters to play as.
And what wolf doesnt? His moves can be made by scratch, since weve only seen him use his machine guns, pretty much it...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
So he would end up a miniture Snake? Nah, Wolf has a lot more potential. He could be athletic, but still different than Fox. The only thing I can imagine is the laser, though I think Wolf should have a dark blue laser rather than red, imo. It seems to be more his color.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thinking he should have slash attacks, u know wolf having claws and everything, what would a monkey do (Andross)? throw a banana?...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Andross would peel you and eat you like a banana, unless he grabs you and jumps off the stage for a suicide...It's a popular monkey move, after all.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Monkeys are funny.
Anyway I think they should give wolf a machine gun, that fires in quick bursts of three shots. The three shot burst would probably take as long as it takes falco to fire one laser shot. SHFFL whould be changed into SHFFMG. Also I really like the Slash attack ideas.
Thinking about making a moveset for Wolf, though it'll be kinda hard not to copy some of the ones that are already out there. I'll try anyway though.
just my opinion...

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Keep in mind there will only be 40 chars tops. Are you sure you want 5 different space animals in this game. Who ever they put in the game I will be happy with (Ive got my own fav.), but dont you think too many form one game may be taking away from something better?

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Possibly...but I still really wanna see Wolf. I'd rather see Wolf get in instead of Krystal IF AND ONLY IF they add one of the two. Falco and Krystal are about even to me as in terms of me liking them. Don't get me wrong, I think they're both great characters.

yoshiherder

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind there will only be 40 chars tops. Are you sure you want 5 different space animals in this game. Who ever they put in the game I will be happy with (Ive got my own fav.), but dont you think too many form one game may be taking away from something better?
40? Says who? ^^ I'm hoping for ~45. Also, there are 4 good choices for SF who can make it... the fifth would be Leon, who has no chance. And what is better? Mario Monopoly? Goomba? XD No, 4 SF > 9 Mario

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
I think there's plenty of space for all four of the main space animals from SF. Any more characters from SF would be overdoing it IMO.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There should be at most two space animals, I think. It is time that other franchises are represented. Only three new franchises were represented in Melee (G&W, Fire Emblem, and Ice Climbers). Fox is already in. I say either Falco, Krystal, Wolf, or Andross should join him. Only one of that group of four. Krystal and Andross seems like they have the possibility, in my opinion, of having the most unique stats and moves out of the choices.

I don't want a repeat of Mario, Dr. Mario, and Luigi.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Wow this thread has gotten to 33 pages?

Has anoyone else agreed with Bowserlick yet?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No because idiots like you write one sentence responses with lame abbreviations instead of actual words. If you are going to put your two cents into this forum at least use explanations and some kind of structure.

My point is do people really want another Dr. Mario, Mario, Luigi situation? Wouldn't it be better to save character spots for other iconic characters then repeat that situation? Sure changing stats make characters different, like the clones, but the same moves are shown. That is repetitive. Sakurai should explore more design space. The Starfox franchise only really should have two representatives in my opinion, so more spots are free for other franchises. Melee hadded three more franchises. Brawl should add at least five more, even if there is one character per franchise.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
umm when i posted, the thread was bumped at the top so i auctually wasnt doing a big deal except asking a question because this thread is stupid, noone likes your idea and it should have died ages ago. anyway how can i put 2 cents into this thread? is your post worth $5? loser.
besides, luigi isnt a clone. have you heard the term luigified? why would someone use that term when they could just call clones? because luigi auctually has some major differences.
what are you even talking about? the starfox franchise only needing 2 characters? then why are you posting that in your own thread about andross?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Because I rather have Andross as the second character. Couldn't figure that easy solution out? Well, I feel better for not supporting Wolf now. Although I wouldn't even mind Wolf or Krystal if they had diverse moves (which Krystal has). But Andross would be, in my opinion, a better choice then either because he has more design space. And Smash is about zany gameplay with many different fighting styles. It shouldn't be about four space animals (Fox, Wolf, Krystal and Falco which alot of people want) all battiling similar with the same height and same motif.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
you want to replace falco with andross? oh my god why didnt i realise that? maybe because its a stupid suggestion. besides, i remember a fact from a long time ago about old characters like falco getting new movesets and new characters like wolf having unique movesets.
you are right about andross having a better design though. i mean he doesnt even have a body! nice design

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If ya think about it, makin Andross have control over Master Hand & Crazy Hand would make a great last boss if ya know what I'm sayin!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
you want to replace falco with andross? oh my god why didnt i realise that? maybe because its a stupid suggestion. besides, i remember a fact from a long time ago about old characters like falco getting new movesets and new characters like wolf having unique movesets.
you are right about andross having a better design though. i mean he doesnt even have a body! nice design
More design space. He had a body in a story segment in Starfox Command (which most of Fox's new model design in Brawl comes from, by the way). I would say he has more potential for unique moves then Wolf who was modeled off a rogue version of Fox.

Stryks

Smash Hero
More design space. He had a body in a story segment in Starfox Command (which most of Fox's new model design in Brawl comes from, by the way). I would say he has more potential for unique moves then Wolf who was modeled off a rogue version of Fox.
Will this never end so far its:

Guys wanting andross: 2-3 guys
guys NOT wanting andross: every1 else on smashboards...

marthsword

Smash Ace
Give fox a real villain: wolf. Anyway, I know you worked hard on it, and if that's what you really want and believe in, I respect you anyway.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ummmm r u kidding me andross wow that would not only be stupid but just messed up i say.....WOLF FOR THE WIN hes like foxs opposite its perfect and if wolf was a pawn of andross then y isnt he dead? ya ok he wasnt even fighting for andros for one thing. He was fighting with starfox for personal reasons but apparently u dont know why he has that eye patch do u?

T-major

Smash Champion
what the hell is wrong with you people!? did you even read the moveset Bowserlick posted? he made a incredable moveset for Andross, practicaly based off of nothing! and then you act like he did something wrong. sure, I was sceptical at first when I saw the title if the topic. then I read the post and instantly said; "wow! that would work out great!! go Andross!". Andross might have little to no chance of being in Brawl, but you don't have to be such pricks to somebody who sugested him!

I for one support Wolf, AND Andross! why Wolf? because he deserves to be in. why Andross? becuase he would be the most original character in Brawl. and don't tell me you people don't like original characters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not really prefer awesome kick *** badass characters, examples: wolf, mach rider, ridley, etc... while original characters like example GaW doesnt really impress me... anyway yes we saw the moveset and yeah we all know the stuff about andross, my answer still stands: NO...

T-major

Smash Champion
^^^^^^
listen, I have nothing agianst your personal opinion. I just don't understant why every body is being such a complete ****. the moveset he made is friggin' amazing, considering theres pretty much nothing to base a moveset for Andross on. but people still say that he's an "idiot" and treat him like he did something wrong! I'd like to see those people come up with something half as good as Bowserlick's Andross moveset. literaly, the only thing I'm hearing from people is "Wolf FTW!" over, and over, and friggin' over again! it just pisses me off that so many people are such close mined jerks.

people are always complaining about unoriginal characters. then somebody thinks one up, and every body hates it!? thats just F***ing stupid! it really makes aboslutly no sense what so ever!

and you arn't impressed by originality?! how the hell is that even possible! your saying that if a character was badass enough, it wouldn't matter if they were a clone (not saying they will be, just for the sake of argument)? you can cover it up all you want, but I know that your just wishing for a game full of clones.

saberhof

Smash Master
you wanna know why, cause andross will not be in brawl, its complete logic(why do you keep posting here, oh wait, im posting here), i mean if you really think about it, why would andross be playable(or boss,even make an appearence(where?,how?)), the concept of it is just. i dont know, im not saying i dont support or support andross, this is just another dumb character, prove me wrong, and dont reply with a stupid joke on "Omg this guy made an awsome move set for andross so he rox" oh great andross has a move set, but so do all characters. prove me wrong...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Alright. Here is my take on the situation.

Let us say for the sake of argument that either Wolf or Andross will get in as a villain for Starfox (as a main franchise I think Fox deserves one of the two as a villain).

That is the hypothetical argument.

Now my reasons for Andross over Wolf are as follows.

1. I feel that Andross deserves to be the villain because he is an iconic boss of the Star Fox franchise. At least the first half of the franchise. The main boss now keeps changing, but still many people recognize Andross's face. Wolf is a rival and a very popular one. But I don't think he really fills out the villain role. In fact I think he would be competing more with Falco in maintaining the rival role.

2. Now here is where alot of people disagree. I think Andross has more potential then Wolf for an interesting moveset. Now even though this is an opinion, if we analyze their backgrounds and attitudes and history we can get an idea of how they would fight. Wolf went to the same academy as Fox, he pilots practically the same aircraft, and is a leader of a small fleet like Fox. Andross (and mind you, I want him in as the Andross in Command with a body) is a scientist. An experiment gone wrong and greed has turned him into the villain he is. He was banned from a planet for his experiments. A scientist has not been a character yet in the game.

I proposed Andross having rocket metal gloves for an interesting style of play as well as using his scientific technology and metal blocks to battle.

Now if you still want Wolf that is fine. I am showing how Andross could work and why he should be in. Smash Brothers is a zany game and I think Andross would fitin perfectly.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^
listen, I have nothing agianst your personal opinion. I just don't understant why every body is being such a complete ****. the moveset he made is friggin' amazing, considering theres pretty much nothing to base a moveset for Andross on. but people still say that he's an "idiot" and treat him like he did something wrong! I'd like to see those people come up with something half as good as Bowserlick's Andross moveset. literaly, the only thing I'm hearing from people is "Wolf FTW!" over, and over, and friggin' over again! it just pisses me off that so many people are such close mined jerks. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

People just saying Wolf FTW over and over?

I'm afraid you haven't read all of the pots then.

Sure a high percentage of them are people just plain saying 'Wolf FTW' or 'Andross WTF?!' but there have been plently of posts that haven't said that and gave, what I see as, good reasons why Andross shouldn't be in Brawl.

Oh, and I'm not pro-Wolf (anymore atleast). I'd like it to be Fox, Falcon and Krystal (staff weilding version) in Brawl representing Star Fox.

T-major

Smash Champion
you wanna know why, cause andross will not be in brawl, its complete logic(why do you keep posting here, oh wait, im posting here), i mean if you really think about it, why would andross be playable(or boss,even make an appearence(where?,how?)), the concept of it is just. i dont know, im not saying i dont support or support andross, this is just another dumb character, prove me wrong, and dont reply with a stupid joke on "Omg this guy made an awsome move set for andross so he rox" oh great andross has a move set, but so do all characters. prove me wrong...
how is the most iconic villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises not getting in "complete logic"? the main villain should logicaly have top priority after the main character. because if it wasn't for said villain, the main characters adventures wouldn't have even taken place. the games storyline could have easily progresed without the addition of a generic rival (in this case Wolf). but the game couldn't get by without a main villain.

I could argue the same point as to why Wolf deserves to get in. technincaly, he wouldn't even count as a villain (which people seem to be basing his deservedness on). he's even officialy stated to be "Fox's Rival", and from what I know, he hasn't even been a boss in the StarFox games. all he does is try and get revenge on Fox for something (to my knowledge, they [Nintendo] havn't even tolds us what that "something" is yet...), and in the end, ends up helps Fox so that he doesn't die because he want's to kill him... if anyone is the "dumb character" it's Wolf. just for being so F***ing generic...

but yeah. I don't buy your "Andross is illogical!" statement. so unless you can prove to me why Wolf is more deserving (not using popularity as a factor) then Andross, I'm sticking to my opinions.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bah.... you guys dont get the point.... andross is dead and he currently has no body. not even a giant head. i dunno about any useless flashback sequence with andross in SFC but there is no way any character would have a body created for them for a game that isnt from their franchise. if they did that they might as well make up characters.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Just want to insert my two cents here.

I agree with absolutely everything T-Major has said on this thread. Wolf would be great to have in Brawl, yes. But why not Andross? The form that's being proposed has a body, so that's a terrible argument. Also, as T-Major said, the moveset is highly unique.

Most of all, though, I don't understand why there's a cloud of people constantly saying that Andross has no chance!

There's a million character threads out there that have next to no chance. At worst, they get someone who says, "No, that character sux". Here, where a perfectly reasonable and interesting character is being suggested, there's nothing but those comments.

Andross is just a suggestion. That's all. I don't see the need to flame the idea.

Oh, and to Fierce_oni: it doesn't matter if the character is CURRENTLY alive or dead. Ganondorf has died many times, and he's still in. Not to mention the many character suggestions on these boards for people who no longer exist in their own universes (Skull Kid, for instance. And Ridley?). That has absolutely no bearing on whether a character can be in or not. Andross once had a human-like body. That's enough already.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, here's the thing... no matter what anyone says, Bowserlick "counters" their post by posting something completely irrevelant.

It's not that Andross with a body with his moveset is completely "ZOMFG GHEY LOLOLOLO", but the idea that this guy just won't give up is annoying as hell!

We've posted everything from chances, odds, and popularity, but this guy won't have it.

It's not Andross, it's Bowserlick.

THERE, SOMEONE SAID IT.

T-major

Smash Champion
Well, here's the thing... no matter what anyone says, Bowserlick "counters" their post by posting something completely irrevelant.

It's not that Andross with a body with his moveset is completely "ZOMFG GHEY LOLOLOLO", but the idea that this guy just won't give up is annoying as hell!

We've posted everything from chances, odds, and popularity, but this guy won't have it.

It's not Andross, it's Bowserlick.

THERE, SOMEONE SAID IT.
so the fact that Bowserlick is supporting his ideas, even after heavy flaming, is a bad thing?.... I know I wouldn't be able to do that, I know a lot of other people wouldn't either. Bowserlick just keeps going, and dosn't care that people don't like his idea. I see absolutly nothing wrong with supporting your ideas. it may be annoying, but it's nine times less annoying then constantly flaming someone because of said ideas....

::EDIT::

@KingK. Rool: thank you!! also, nice icon :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
The thing is he aint exaclty awesome and no one wants him in, use him and take wolfs spot? lame, wolf NEEDS to be in smash, yes andross is the main villain (was more likely), and yet he was pwn oh so many times that i lost interest in him, while is still alive and is still being a pin in fox's ***, while the monkey is long gone, before this thread apepared i never even TOUGHT of havin andross in brawl, but since before melee i have wanted wolf to be in smash, so my point is: Wolf FTW!

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
theres nothing wrong for supporting your idea for a while, if you dont get any supporters after about 2 weeks, you should let the thread die. bowserlick has been doing everything he can to keep this thread going for 4 MONTHS. and he still has just about no supporters. i never said that because a character is dead, they stand no chance. its just the fact that his body has never been featured (not that i know of) and characters are never physicly changed when they are introduced to games outside their own franchise.

Top Bottom