• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

§leepy God

Smash Master
I thought that WW still had the holidays??? Oh well, I'm hoping that you can play the NES games like you could on the GC, or maybe SNES. :D

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Sleepy, I doubt they'd put that feature back, what with the success of the Virtual Console. Also, the tiles were fun, don't really know why people would want them out.

**(btw, talking about Slider, I've thought of something. What if we could learn to play guitar(Or any other instruments), now thru Wii-remote schemes. And we take lessons from K.K Slider!!! You would hold local performances with him, or you can play just sitting at the town square xD. I REALLY like the thought of this.)
That just sounds like a cut down version of a rhythm music game, or some mini-game that gets old fast.

I'd be pretty disappointed if nothing about this game was revealed at E3.

Ørion

Smash Ace
Man! I have heard some great ideas for Animal Crossing Wii. I really do hope they make it. I would totally buy it! My most favorite idea out of all the ideas I've seen around here was the Extinct creatures thing. It was briliant! Briliant I say! :laugh:
They are definitely making it, the question is when. I'm praying for an announcement at E3 this year and a release date of this christmas season.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
I want a bee for a neighbor. It's not technically an animal, but I really don't care. I want to live next to a bee. Other than that, I don't really have any preferences about AC Wii. I enjoyed both previous installments, and since I've never really played a game of that genre before (except maybe The Sims), I'm having a difficult time thinking of anything else I could really want.

Except neighbor bees. I'll write to Nintendo if that's what it takes to make this happen. D:<

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't really like the idea of cooking but something I don't want is your Miis being the character. It would seem stupid to do so.
TOTALLY agreed. Anyone who wants Miis in Animal Crossing is nuts. While it may seem that Animal Crossing characters are just generic so replacing them with Miis is no big deal, replacing the Animal Crossers with Miis is like replacing Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser with Miis. They're recognizable characters just as much. Miis would equal death to the Animal Crossing series. I wouldn't be entirely shocked if Miis were at least an option considering that they're selectable in games like Mario Party 8 and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (more appealing to casual gamers). I honestly don't understand why you'd get a game whose whole purpose was to finally pit Mario against Sonic (although the fact that Mario is able to beat Sonic in a race at all completely kills any realisticness at all) and then play as a Mii, but...then again, I'm pretty sure that's catering to casual gamers.

I like AC:WW for DS but I don like it on GC.
I prefer AC portable.
I say the opposite. While being portable is nice, WW wasn't like the original. I don't know EXACTLY why, but there's something to it that didn't feel right. The original Animal Crossing has nearly infinite replay value for me. WW kept me for about 6 months.

I would hate Animal Corssing to be in an Urban Area.

It totally ruins the purpose of the game, It's a small village, not a big city.

Maybe a Mii would be one of your town's residents.
Definitely. An urban area with cars and such would be the Sims with animals. It wouldn't be Animal Crossing.

As for Miis being residents, NO. I have a strong disliking for Miis outside of games with 'Wii' in them, but also, it's Animal Crossing. If you have a person as a resident, that doesn't work.

**(btw, talking about Slider, I've thought of something. What if we could learn to play guitar(Or any other instruments), now thru Wii-remote schemes. And we take lessons from K.K Slider!!! You would hold local performances with him, or you can play just sitting at the town square xD. I REALLY like the thought of this.)
Meh, it's an interesting idea, but it doesn't work for Animal Crossing in my opinion. First of all, that devalues K.K. Slider who's a famous singer/guitar player. Also, this is touching even more on the Sims. Whilst skills and such are fun, it makes it too Sims-y for my tastes. I like the Sims, don't get me wrong, but Animal Crossing shouldn't become that. Cooking is interesting too, but...I see little point in it as you don't get hungry. And if you did, that would be even more like the Sims.

The first Animal Crossing was okay, but traveling around was a hassle. Wild World was tons better because of wifi. If they find a way to make Animal Crossing Wii really stand out from Wild World, I might consider getting it.
Traveling around WAS a hassle, but the original Animal Crossing was still better. One thing I really enjoyed with the original Animal Crossing was that, as long as you had more memory cards, you could make a new town. I have at least 5 GameCube memory cards just for Animal Crossing towns. With Wild World, if you want another town, you have to spend another $30 or so for another game card. For Wii, the option of a second town will be nonexistent unless you buy multiple Wiis, thanks the crappy SD Card system of the Wii. You can't use files straight off of the SD Card, there's only one slot for the SD card, and 60% of games (if not more) can't even copy their files to the SD Card. While you used to be able to just bring a memory card with you, now you have to bring your entire Wii places. I've actually done that multiple times. It's obnoxious.
But enough ranting about the inadequacies of the SD Card system...

Here's an idea: VOICE CHAT.

But besides things that with Nintendo wont ever happen, there are still a few things.

ADD:
Voice chat AND text chat (with longer than one line of text...)
Yes. This is one of the only games I'm 100% for Voice Chat for, because you won't be interacting with random people or fighting people, so it takes away the element of racist comments and swears by 8 year-olds who want to shoot each other in the face (lookin' at you, Halo). Text chat should also be USB Keyboard compatible. The only thing thus far that uses it is the Internet Channel and the Wii Menu. I paid for a USB Keyboard, they should use it in other things, and this is a perfect case for them to do so.

Customizable entrance
I don't quite understand what you're saying here...?

Yes, bring back the basement! Whatever inspired them to remove it in the first place? You may have the 60-slot dresser/armoires, but live things still cannot fit in there--if you want to save them or Tom Nook's not open and you want to keep fishing or something, you have to mess up your house and upset the stupid HRA (for whom you should be able to set traps..).

YES! The Island should definitely come back! I can see why it couldn't be included with Wild World, but there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be in the Wii version. The DS is perfect for communicating with the Wii, so to not bring the island back would be stupid.

Storable patterns
Again, not entirely understanding what you're saying here.

More item slots
Yes.

More than four humans in a town
Hm...maybe. I think the top priority should be a separate house for each person. It was annoying having all four people in the same house. If you wanted to start over at all, you'd have to erase everything, because for each character, you just build onto the same house. If, with 4 separate houses, they can still fit more, then more power to 'em.

Items able to be bunched without limits (So what if I want to take out 1337 bells)
Yes.

Sign boards
Don't we already have those? Or do you mean ones you can write on? In which case, yes.

Room for all expressions (Not just four)
Definitely. Only having four is stupid. You either miss a basic emotion or you can't have any interesting ones.

Bigger mailbox
Bigger town
More residents
Customizable house(s) location
Yes.

Multiple houses (Not just one >_>)
Already touched on this; yes.

Acres, but don't shift camera
Main town tree thing
Better live/die tree growing ratio
Yes.

SUBTRACT:
Island boat ride >_>
Yes.

Wilting flowers
Watering flowers
Yes! You should be able to pick them up and move them, but I don't have the patience to water flowers. My town is laden with brown flowers because I just don't bother to water them.

Slingshot (for the lack of a second screen)
Friend codes (Names > Numbers)
Yes.

Random townies moving (Seriously, liked ones should stay, hated ones should move)
Hated ones should move, and animals shouldn't move as much as they did in WW, but they have to move randomly to some extent--that's an aspect of Animal Crossing.

Color pallet limitations (Make all colors possible on one pattern, sheesh)
Yeah, it's stupid that that was not there from the beginning...

House item amount limitations (So what if I want every space to be filled with an item)
Yeah, that's just as stupid a rule as the stage limitations in Brawl. I should be able to do whatever the heck I want.

The insurance thing is great though. If you get insurance and you get injured you get PAID!!! PAID I SAID!!! PAID!!! It is so sweet...:chuckle:
Meh. It's a total ripoff + scam. Plus you have to dodge the stupid insurance weasel every Saturday. I hope they remove that.

Make it so that people can't pick up your custom tiles on the ground, that seriously drives me crazy.
Agreed.

I liked the holidays better in the original. I guess they took them out because they were based on religion, but I still felt they were more fun.
YES! I TOTALLY AGREE!

Who the heck actually likes Yay Day and...whatever that other one was? They might've been based on religion, but WW was stupid for the lack of actual holidays. If they don't have real holidays in Animal Crossing Wii, it'll lose half of its appeal to me. Part of what's great about Animal Crossing is that it changes with the seasons and corresponds with real life. Wild World had weather changes but the only real holiday it has was New Year's, if I recall correctly. Holidays must return.

I thought that WW still had the holidays??? Oh well, I'm hoping that you can play the NES games like you could on the GC, or maybe SNES. :D
Nope, no holidays. Yay Day and...La-di-day, that's the other one. Both of them are sucky in my opinion. No REAL holidays other than, as I just said, New Year's.
As for an NES or SNES...yeaaahhh, don't count on that. That's giving you free VC games when they could make you pay $5 or $8 a pop extra.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, now for my ideas for the new game.

1. Use of the SD Card

The SD Card can carry pictures and music. So why not use them? You could put MP3s or MIDIs on the SD Card, and then the game would convert (or keep them) as MIDIs and you could select a specific portion, a limited amount of time, to use as the town song. This is more of a "They could do it" idea than something I'd actually want them to. It'd be nice, but I'd be fine with the old system too. But if they keep the old system, they DEFINITELY need sharps and flats, and perhaps a little wider scale. It's hard to put a lot of songs in there.
The better idea for them to use, in my opinion, is the use of photos. You could take photos and import them straight as patterns into the game. They'd have to be dumbed down, obviously--you can't have full-fledged JPEGs in the game spread on the ground of your entire town. They'd have to be brought down to GIF format, which means some loss of color most likely. But you could still import them. There could be 3 options; size it down yourself on your PC so it matches the dimensions (100x100 or whatever it is in the games) and have the whole image as the pattern, size it down automatically by simply shrinking it, or selecting a 100x100 portion of the image to use as a pattern.

2. Retro games

Obviously, Nintendo can't really give NES games back or introduce SNES games, since that would cost them money. However, there could be a way to import the VC games you've bought into Animal Crossing Wii. Tom Nook could sell the various systems--NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbografix (perhaps even a Wii to play WiiWare on?). Once you buy a system, the games you own for VC that are on your Wii would automatically be playable on the system. In other words, there wouldn't be a separate system for each game, you'd interact with the console and it would ask you "Which game would you like to play?" and show you all of the games you're able to. This is one of my favorite ideas.

3. Motion Sensor

Surprisingly, I don't think I've seen this brought up at all in this thread. I propose that the creators go all-out with the motion sensor for this game. Make it have as much as Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, where you're constantly activating terminals, pushing buttons, etc. Don't put it in unnecessary places, but you should definitely be using the shovel, axe, fishing rod, and bug-catching net (and the watering can, if it returns) with motion sensor. Other things like shaking trees and moving furniture should also use it. Not a very fleshed out idea, but the basic concept is there.

So, tell me what you think.

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
I like the motion sensor idea. Do you think that the motion sensor should be able to track bee hives? I hate shaking trees to find out that a bee hive is going to fall out and the bees are gonna mow down your face and then you have to wait a whole day to have your face heal. Well... then there is the ointment that Tom Nook sells. Well the point is that the sensor should be able to track hives so you dont end up killing your face all the time. :bee:

Amide

Smash Lord
Cooking sounds like a fun idea, maybe a system where your character needs food, like in The Sims. But the real thing I'd want is the ability to get a job. (And no, not Tom Nook's boring thing) Sadly, it will never happen. That's the thing that annoys me about the AC franchise. So much potential is wasted.

Kyoryoku Hitori

Smash Cadet
You'll never find out! 'Cause by the time you do M
Yeah I like the cooking thing. Some people keep dumping on the cooking idea but I think its brilliant. I think that in the having to eat thing is ok... if that happens I think that if your character gets to the point of starvation the run should be canceled, you move slower, and you dont do things as quick, and efficient.

Amide

Smash Lord
That's a good way to look at it too!

_
Another thing I'd want for ACWii is better Holidays. I couldn't care less about villager's ideas for Town Tunes. And any person that actually tries to make a compliment to an animal in the game is insane. We need REAL holidays.

Ørion

Smash Ace
I say the opposite. While being portable is nice, WW wasn't like the original. I don't know EXACTLY why, but there's something to it that didn't feel right. The original Animal Crossing has nearly infinite replay value for me. WW kept me for about 6 months.
Agreed 100%. I liked WW very much, but there was something about the original that makes me prefer that one. I think it was the acres lol, I dont know why, but I MUCH preferred the acre system. Without that, it seems less like AC.

Obviously, Nintendo can't really give NES games back or introduce SNES games, since that would cost them money. However, there could be a way to import the VC games you've bought into Animal Crossing Wii. Tom Nook could sell the various systems--NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbografix (perhaps even a Wii to play WiiWare on?). Once you buy a system, the games you own for VC that are on your Wii would automatically be playable on the system. In other words, there wouldn't be a separate system for each game, you'd interact with the console and it would ask you "Which game would you like to play?" and show you all of the games you're able to. This is one of my favorite ideas.
I like that idea, that would be really cool.

Surprisingly, I don't think I've seen this brought up at all in this thread. I propose that the creators go all-out with the motion sensor for this game. Make it have as much as Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, where you're constantly activating terminals, pushing buttons, etc. Don't put it in unnecessary places, but you should definitely be using the shovel, axe, fishing rod, and bug-catching net (and the watering can, if it returns) with motion sensor. Other things like shaking trees and moving furniture should also use it. Not a very fleshed out idea, but the basic concept is there.
Ya, that should definitely be included, and I think that it was mentioned in an interview. However, I think it should include an option to turn this off to make this game more friendly for elderly too.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
So excited for this!

I would REALLY love to see different accounts/towns in this one, because often my brother and I share our video games, and it was really quite frustrating having to share a house and town with his character in WW. I never played the original so it should be quite interesting to see how fun AC is on a console.

Ilex

Smash Ace
What about new characters? Part of the elements of a sequel is having new interesting characters to the game. I would really like to see some sort of interactive baseball character who you can use the wiimote to play a game with. That just spawned another idea in me. You could use the Wiimote to play sports as minigames or something to earn you bells.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I hope they have somthing to kill those weeds. But this I hope this Animal Crossing is as adictive as the one on the GC.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't know if this has been said before, but I would love to be able to create my own character. Not a Mii, hell no, but an animal crosser. I was tired of having to reset my game whenever I hopped off the train and didn't like how my character looked. You could choose gender, skin color, eye shape/color, hair shape/color (and perhaps eventually get haircuts and what not to change your hair, maybe by Mable and Sable?), and your basic clothing. I liked the introduction of headgear in WW (although I never played it, I only remember it being an addition) so that should definitely return, along with other customizable clothing options.

Also, I would love to be able to ride a bike around. It's suitable for the setting, and is not restricted to the urban idea (which I would never want). I would love fishing to be so much more technical and wiimote-based, because fishing was my all-time favorite thing to do in AC.

Also, perhaps the idea of purchasing another house and transforming it into a personal shop would be really cool. You could hire other residents in your town to work for YOU, or you could work there yourself, and customers would come in and buy stuff. Of course, you would have to supply what you want to sell, but that means you could also design clothes and carpets and wallpapers and sell those also. Then the other residents could slap them up on their walls, floors, and bodies (like they could in AC). That would be awesome.

I really like the job idea though. It could definitely be expanded to much broader horizons. You could be a fisherman, a janitor at the museum (if you could clean up weeds in AC, then you can pick up trash, sweep floors, etc), a paper boy (here's where the bike comes in), or a waiter or cook at a restaurant. Man, the possibilities are endless!

One last thing that I would like to see would be a diversity in the environments that your town is based. Perhaps on the train/cab in the beginning, you might be asked where you're going and you could answer a number of places like, "a nice forest, a tropical beach, a cold place, a warm desert, etc, etc." Perhaps there are... 7 different towns, just to estimate a number. Regardless of which one you choose to move to, perhaps the other 6 are also growing and what not simultaneously, and then you could technically move to another of those towns yourself, so you are not always bound to yours.

Ørion

Smash Ace
One last thing that I would like to see would be a diversity in the environments that your town is based. Perhaps on the train/cab in the beginning, you might be asked where you're going and you could answer a number of places like, "a nice forest, a tropical beach, a cold place, a warm desert, etc, etc." Perhaps there are... 7 different towns, just to estimate a number. Regardless of which one you choose to move to, perhaps the other 6 are also growing and what not simultaneously, and then you could technically move to another of those towns yourself, so you are not always bound to yours.
That would be cool, but that is kind of what the seasons are there for. I guess it could change how extreme the seasons are and how many trees, what type of trees there are etc.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There are a lot of really good ideas in this thread x_X
Hopefully they don't totally screw over a perfectly good game like what the did with Brawl and Melee.

I'd be happy if this was just the GC version with online. :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
That would be cool, but that is kind of what the seasons are there for. I guess it could change how extreme the seasons are and how many trees, what type of trees there are etc.
That makes sense Orion, but you have to give credit to Spire III for trying to come up with cool ideas. Not everyone has brilliant ideas (Im not saying I have the best but...), but he/she tried, and thats all that matters.
Well here's the thing. Perhaps different towns should be based around different types of environments, but depending on what each environment is, the change in seasons would be different.

In a generally hot environment (like a desert/savanna), it may rain during winter rather than snow, while during summer, it would be searingly hot. Also, custom weather effects like sandstorms and dust devils could ensue. Rather than having apple, pear, peach, etc. trees, you could have cactus-trees, or babao trees. Plus, rather than a random ball appearing somewhere, it could be a tumbleweed.

Each individual environment would sport completely unique features. Perhaps in a tropical town, you would have palm trees (of course) and lots of shells, crabs (yes, little crabs walking along the shores, acting as "bugs" rather than "fish). In a generally cold town, perhaps for a large portion of the year, it is covered in snow, or snows often, and during the summer, it clears up and acts like Spring more so. I could go on, but I'll let your imagination do the work. It's a very plausible idea, and the seasons would still be relevant to each town.

Amide

Smash Lord
There are a lot of really good ideas in this thread x_X
Hopefully they don't totally screw over a perfectly good game like what the did with Brawl and Melee.

I'd be happy if this was just the GC version with online. :/

Me too! There are some things they'll take away, like NES games, and the acre system, and some holidays. Hopefully not with those last things though.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Me too! There are some things they'll take away, like NES games, and the acre system, and some holidays. Hopefully not with those last things though.
I've never played AC:WW to be honest. I heard they took on the NES games and some holidays, but they TOOK OUT THE ACRE SYSTEM? WHAT? I loved having the seperate acres TT_TT Not to mention, Christmas was probably the coolest thing ever in Animal Crossing. Oh please God, keep Sakurai away from AC: Wii.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Please make the Aussie version localised so we get summer in December and winter in July.

It'll never happen though. : (

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What about new characters? Part of the elements of a sequel is having new interesting characters to the game. I would really like to see some sort of interactive baseball character who you can use the wiimote to play a game with. That just spawned another idea in me. You could use the Wiimote to play sports as minigames or something to earn you bells.
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I dislike this. New characters added on to an already huge cast is exactly where other games have gone wrong. Also, for minigames, I disagree as well. Animal Crossing is supposed to be (remotely) realistic. You don't live with animals, and there are some other unrealistic things, but it's supposed to be like real life. You have to earn the money. Playing minigames for bells would sort of...kill that.

I don't know if this has been said before, but I would love to be able to create my own character. Not a Mii, hell no, but an animal crosser. I was tired of having to reset my game whenever I hopped off the train and didn't like how my character looked. You could choose gender, skin color, eye shape/color, hair shape/color (and perhaps eventually get haircuts and what not to change your hair, maybe by Mable and Sable?), and your basic clothing. I liked the introduction of headgear in WW (although I never played it, I only remember it being an addition) so that should definitely return, along with other customizable clothing options.
Customizable would be interesting. On one hand, I'm inclined to like it, and on the other, I'm thinking that answering questions to determine what you look like was for a purpose. They had it in both games, after all. Plus, 90% of things are customizable with the new additions as it is. For haircuts, once you get Nookington's (I believe that's the final store, right?) a place opens in there where you can get your hair cut. That system could obviously be kept.

Also, I would love to be able to ride a bike around. It's suitable for the setting, and is not restricted to the urban idea (which I would never want). I would love fishing to be so much more technical and wiimote-based, because fishing was my all-time favorite thing to do in AC.
Riding a bike...I'm not a huge fan of that idea. It's a small town, so riding a bike would be kind of odd.

Also, perhaps the idea of purchasing another house and transforming it into a personal shop would be really cool. You could hire other residents in your town to work for YOU, or you could work there yourself, and customers would come in and buy stuff. Of course, you would have to supply what you want to sell, but that means you could also design clothes and carpets and wallpapers and sell those also. Then the other residents could slap them up on their walls, floors, and bodies (like they could in AC). That would be awesome.

I really like the job idea though. It could definitely be expanded to much broader horizons. You could be a fisherman, a janitor at the museum (if you could clean up weeds in AC, then you can pick up trash, sweep floors, etc), a paper boy (here's where the bike comes in), or a waiter or cook at a restaurant. Man, the possibilities are endless!

Hm...these are all awesome-sounding ideas at first glance, but (and maybe I'm just paranoid) they seem like those absolutely awesome ideas that you are excited to have implemented and then you realize that it's not what you wanted when you finally get it. Not as in "It's not as much as I wanted" but "This isn't what the game should be like at all". One such example is...well, motion sensor. It was awesome, everyone loved it, and some realized that it's not what they wanted, me being one of those people. It took over the entire thing and dominated the basics that I loved so much. I imagine that jobs and purchasing real estate would be like this.

I'll address the environment idea separately. It really does sound cool, and it is almost certainly my paranoia speaking here. But I'm just inclined to think that once you get into these different environments, it won't even feel like Animal Crossing anymore. It won't be a simple, average, everyday town anymore, it'll be a tundra, or desert, or a tropical area. Maybe it wouldn't mess it up, but that's how I feel right now.

Oh please God, keep Sakurai away from AC: Wii.
BEST LINE EVER.

Also, I just remembered an idea I thought up a while ago. Use of the weather channel. It could sense "It's raining today" and you go into Animal Crossing and it's raining.

But now I reviewed this idea which appealed to me so much a while ago, and I'm thinking about a few flaws.

First of all, what if you want a Coelecanth so you search through the world to find a place where it's raining/snowing? The system could easily be exploited.
Secondly, I've noticed on more than one occasion that the weather channel isn't 100% accurate. It could say it's raining and it's not, and never does, yet still it keeps raining because of the weather channel. It wouldn't necessarily be realistic anyways.
Finally, it might take away from the feel. It'd parallel with real life a little too much.

One final thing I'd like to say; screw being completely realistic. If it's raining one day, I want it to rain all day. None of this "Yes, it's raining! *5 minutes later* It stopped! And I didn't get a Coelecanth yet!" I hated that in Wild World. What they need to do is use AC for GameCube as the basis, and take the ideas from Wild World and add it onto it, then finally taking new ideas and adding it on. If they use Wild World as a base I'll be extremely upset.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, I just remembered an idea I thought up a while ago. Use of the weather channel. It could sense "It's raining today" and you go into Animal Crossing and it's raining.

But now I reviewed this idea which appealed to me so much a while ago, and I'm thinking about a few flaws.

First of all, what if you want a Coelecanth so you search through the world to find a place where it's raining/snowing? The system could easily be exploited.
Secondly, I've noticed on more than one occasion that the weather channel isn't 100% accurate. It could say it's raining and it's not, and never does, yet still it keeps raining because of the weather channel. It wouldn't necessarily be realistic anyways.
Finally, it might take away from the feel. It'd parallel with real life a little too much.
Because living in a small town with animals and earning bells to buy your home is too realistic? ;)

You wouldn't really be able to exploit the system for the fact that you can't change your default location in the weather channel, and while you can change your country in the Wii Options, doing so will erase your VC account, which I know I don't want to lose. To be honest, using the weather channel to see where you are and set seasons accuratly is the best idea since using the GC's internal clock for in game time.

Ørion

Smash Ace

That sounds really cool, but there are a few problems. What if you live in an area that almsot never rains or almost never snows? Maybe what they could do is follow the weather to an extant, but if it has been like 3 days since the last rain/snow or something, it would automatically start to rain/snow.

SilverSonic101

Smash Cadet
I'm no expert on the Wii, but there is a Weather Forecast Channel. Maybe they could make the weather on AC connect to your Weather Channel and the weather in your area. I have AC:WW and the GameCube version but they kind of got old after a while. I hope this will be more exciting.

Ilex

Smash Ace
That sounds really cool, but there are a few problems. What if you live in an area that almsot never rains or almost never snows? Maybe what they could do is follow the weather to an extant, but if it has been like 3 days since the last rain/snow or something, it would automatically start to rain/snow.
That would actually be a good application of this idea. It could allow, say, 20 out of 30 days to correspond to your local weather and have every third day follow the regular AC weather schedule.

FirusTheHedgehog said:
I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I dislike this. New characters added on to an already huge cast is exactly where other games have gone wrong. Also, for minigames, I disagree as well. Animal Crossing is supposed to be (remotely) realistic. You don't live with animals, and there are some other unrealistic things, but it's supposed to be like real life. You have to earn the money. Playing minigames for bells would sort of...kill that.
Well, maybe it could act as similar to the Home-Run Contest. You play baseball with yourself or with someone else and try to hit it as far as you can. And if you hit it past a certain benchmark you are rewarded with a piece of furniture. It would be as much of a minigame as hitting a balloon with your slingshot was.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Because living in a small town with animals and earning bells to buy your home is too realistic? ;)

You wouldn't really be able to exploit the system for the fact that you can't change your default location in the weather channel, and while you can change your country in the Wii Options, doing so will erase your VC account, which I know I don't want to lose. To be honest, using the weather channel to see where you are and set seasons accuratly is the best idea since using the GC's internal clock for in game time.
Well it's not all aspects, obviously. Just like there's a line between "animals living in your town" unrealistic and "lack of gravity" unrealistic, there's a line...well, you get the point. I'm not saying the whole game, just part of it.
In any case, after giving it more thought, I think it's not too realistic. Not sure what I was thinking.

As for exploitation of the system, I didn't realize it took that to change that. In which case, it wouldn't be exploited. So yeah, I think I'm all for this now.

3 days is way too small. I live in an area where there's a fair amount of precipitation, and it doesn't even usually happen every 3 days. Maybe it could be it has to rain/snow once a week or two weeks? I'd prefer a longer amount of time, because the longer, the more realistic it is. Otherwise you might as well scratch the Weather Channel corresponding, because everyone will be getting rain/snow way too often, whether or not you get a lot of precipitation in your area.

I'm no expert on the Wii, but there is a Weather Forecast Channel. Maybe they could make the weather on AC connect to your Weather Channel and the weather in your area. I have AC:WW and the GameCube version but they kind of got old after a while. I hope this will be more exciting.
I sort of, uh...said this a couple posts above you.

That would actually be a good application of this idea. It could allow, say, 20 out of 30 days to correspond to your local weather and have every third day follow the regular AC weather schedule.
In my opinion, if you have every third day like that, you might as well throw away the whole system. To me, every third day is a lot. It may only add up to 10 days, but with only two days in between, it'll seem like a lot. I just...it's not going to have a point unless it's 99% of the time following the schedule. Maybe at the beginning they could ask you if you "are going to a town that gets a lot of precipitation" and if you answer no, it'll implement a system like Orion suggested. If not, it holds true only to the Weather Channel.

Well, maybe it could act as similar to the Home-Run Contest. You play baseball with yourself or with someone else and try to hit it as far as you can. And if you hit it past a certain benchmark you are rewarded with a piece of furniture. It would be as much of a minigame as hitting a balloon with your slingshot was.
Except it wouldn't be. The balloon and slingshot was a rare, random event. If anytime you can play baseball for a piece of furniture, it's going to be too easy to get furniture. Plus, it's too video game-like to play minigames for furniture. I know that's what it is, a video game, but if you're aiming for some realisticness, you can't be playing minigames for money every day. Maybe if there's a carnival or something once a year, then that would work.

Actually, that'd be kind of interesting to see--a carnival or something happening once a year or so.

Ilex

Smash Ace
FirusTheHedgehog said:
Except it wouldn't be. The balloon and slingshot was a rare, random event. If anytime you can play baseball for a piece of furniture, it's going to be too easy to get furniture. Plus, it's too video game-like to play minigames for furniture. I know that's what it is, a video game, but if you're aiming for some realisticness, you can't be playing minigames for money every day. Maybe if there's a carnival or something once a year, then that would work.

Actually, that'd be kind of interesting to see--a carnival or something happening once a year or so.
Fair enough then. I was just suggesting a way to implement the wiimote's capabilities through sports or something similar, and the carnival idea works.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, I didn't notice. Sorry.

But that was a good idea of yours.
Eh, it's fine.

And we both had the idea, you just posted it a little later. It's just as much yours as it is mine. ;)

Ørion

Smash Ace
3 days is way too small. I live in an area where there's a fair amount of precipitation, and it doesn't even usually happen every 3 days. Maybe it could be it has to rain/snow once a week or two weeks? I'd prefer a longer amount of time, because the longer, the more realistic it is. Otherwise you might as well scratch the Weather Channel corresponding, because everyone will be getting rain/snow way too often, whether or not you get a lot of precipitation in your area.
Maybe that's too small, but Once a week or two weeks is too long IMO, a lot of AC is built around the changing weather (IE fishing and bug catching) and it should change more than that.

Top Bottom