• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Just wondering, has anyone tried using Wiispeak using a guitar Hero/Rock Band Mic instead of the Wii Speak Mic?
I googled it and found this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081129104216AAFmQMn (Yes)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/qna/933195.html?qid=10792 (No)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119778 (Partially)

I think the last one is the most reliable one, which say that basically Mics work between games, but not wii speak/animal crossing. Someone here should test it to be sure though.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I just rented this game and I'd like a friend to come join me in my town of Firecrow. My friend code is 0860-7141-9517. I don't have Wiispeak, so it won't be nessecery. If you'd like to come to my town, PM me with your friend code. Thanks.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
BanjoKazooie -- just PM me maybe Monday or Tuesday, and you can come to my town. I have.. Apples, Oranges, and Peaches I think.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I present to you The Snowball, a skit in seven screenshots, by me.

Because I had time to waste to take some screenshots and animate them.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm finally getting this game on Thursday for Christmas. I'll probably enjoy it just because I love the mood and feel of the Animal Crossing games, but I don't know how excited I should be about the City from everyone's description of it here...

M.K

Level 55
I'm finally getting this game on Thursday for Christmas. I'll probably enjoy it just because I love the mood and feel of the Animal Crossing games, but I don't know how excited I should be about the City from everyone's description of it here...
It's nice, it's just not mind-blowing. That's the overall generalization.
You don't actually have to go to the City at any point in the game.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You don't actually have to go to the City at any point in the game.
Unless you want to spend a metric ton of money on mostly-crappy furniture, then no.

But yeah, what MK said; nice, but not mind-blowing.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I did happen to spend a metric ton of money, and I happen to love the gorgeous set ;_;
Indeed; the few pieces I bought as a motivator for me to make money are sexy. Must find awesome turnip prices to make it happen...

And you do have to go to the city if you want to get all the museum items. Redd's shop sells all the paintings that you can put in the museum (although Nook randomly sells two of them).

M.K

Level 55
Redd* sold me a fraud Famous Painting >.>
I haven't played AC in a good 2 weeks. I'm scared to turn it on and face the wrath of a weed-ridden town :(

Puddin

Smash Lord
Nook sold me a fraud Famous Painting >.>
I haven't played AC in a good 2 weeks. I'm scared to turn it on and face the wrath of a weed-ridden town :(
Two weeks can't be enough to riddle your entire town with weeds can it? Maybe a few here or there, some acres with more than others, but surely two weeks can't destroy your entire town?

You post was probably sarcasm but because I haven't played the game I'm obliged to believe anything I hear until my own experience proves them otherwise...

Any tips on how to make quick cash once I do get the game, I mean has any new big thing arrived in this game or will I be able to make quick money the same way I did in the past two games?

M.K

Level 55
Two weeks can't be enough to riddle your entire town with weeds can it? Maybe a few here or there, some acres with more than others, but surely two weeks can't destroy your entire town?

You post was probably sarcasm but because I haven't played the game I'm obliged to believe anything I hear until my own experience proves them otherwise...

Any tips on how to make quick cash once I do get the game, I mean has any new big thing arrived in this game or will I be able to make quick money the same way I did in the past two games?
Well, nah, 2 weeks shouldn't be too bad, but it might be 1-3 weeds per acre. It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes of dedication.
Actually, after I got my cool tuxedo pattern and awesome bandana from Brinstar (FirustheHedgehog's town), I should really start playing more!
Puddin, trust me, you will love the game! Have you played an Animal Crossing title before? If not, feel free to ask ANYTHING in this thread. This community has gotta be the most laid back and friendliest of the Light House gaming communities.
If you have played them, there is enough new content to keep you totally satisfied!

Quick Cash at the beginning of the game?

Well, if Nook is selling a Fishing Rod, quickly snatch that up. Collect 5 of your town's fruits and buy the fishing rod ASAP. Then, go fish in the ocean (the number of high-pricing fish in the ocean outnumbers the river/pond/waterfall, so it's a good place to start fishing). In 20 minutes of dedicated fishing, you can fulfill your first debt payment and have more to spend.

If Nook doesn't happen to have a Fishing Rod for sale, make sure you buy a Shovel. You can find about 2-3 fossils each day. Once you get them appraised by Blathers, you can either donate them to the museum or sell them for BIG BUCKS (2000-3000 bells per fossil).

Puddin

Smash Lord
Puddin, trust me, you will love the game! Have you played an Animal Crossing title before? If not, feel free to ask ANYTHING in this thread. This community has gotta be the most laid back and friendliest of the Light House gaming communities.
If you have played them, there is enough new content to keep you totally satisfied!

If Nook doesn't happen to have a Fishing Rod for sale, make sure you buy a Shovel. You can find about 2-3 fossils each day. Once you get them appraised by Blathers, you can either donate them to the museum or sell them for BIG BUCKS (2000-3000 bells per fossil).
will I be able to make quick money the same way I did in the past two games?
Chances are high that I've played the last two in the series.

I was never a big fan of running around digging up every random..uhm Ground Star thing I found just to find one of those annoying things that made sounds (haven't played in so long I forgot the name) but I'll probably enjoy fishing. I'll post my FC once I get it.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I watched IGN's review and it says it has all the best parts of the first 2 animal crossing games, which it does

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who don't know about it

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=479

It's the AC Social group and it's a great place to get FC's

It's also in the OP
Thanks for the info ^^. I'll be sure to join the group once I've found my FC. Got the game for Christmas so im still new and haven't taken the time to memorize the FC.

EDIT: Anyone wanna do some town visiting? :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I finally got a Bee, it's tricky to catch one, I will get another one to see what's the best way to catch it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I've caught a bee...three times, I think? I was disappointed that they're only worth 2,500 now. I can't remember if they changed it in Wild World or not (I don't think I ever caught one in it), but either way, it's annoying.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The Bee's has been the same price for the past three Animal Crossing games, though the one on GC might be the hardest because of acher lags and such.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
First thing I thought when I turned this game on: 'haven't I done this like twenty times before?'

It's pretty much the same as the other Animal crossing games, but with good wifi. Only worth it if you have people do play with.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I time skipped a lot in this game, all I need is the String Fish and I will collect all the Fish, as for bugs, a scorpions and a bee, (ouch).

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So I finally got the game for Christmas, but my mom didn't get the bundled version with the Wii Speak accessory.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to use my Circuit City gift card to get it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The Bee's has been the same price for the past three Animal Crossing games, though the one on GC might be the hardest because of acher lags and such.
No...the bee was 4,500 in the original.

EDIT: And, after looking it up, it was 4,500 in Wild World as well. They JUST changed it.

I still don't see how the Gamecube version was hardest, either. You just hide behind a tree and wait until they go around twice, then swing the net.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Bees are easy to catch in this game. I just shake the tree, run upwards, control pad to get my net, then use my net. I caught 3 today. Not that it really feels like I did anything, since they dropped the price...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
No...the bee was 4,500 in the original.

EDIT: And, after looking it up, it was 4,500 in Wild World as well. They JUST changed it.

I still don't see how the Gamecube version was hardest, either. You just hide behind a tree and wait until they go around twice, then swing the net.
Really!? Well, that goes to show you that when ever you don't play a game for a while, you tend to forget stuff, which is my case, lol. I guess I'm so use to catching Bee's in Wild World, I find it hard in this game, weird.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yep. I didn't really remember the price in Wild World either (thus having to look it up), since I didn't play it that much.

But yeah, I'd rate the bee-catching difficulty, from easiest to most difficult;

1. Original Animal Crossing
  2. City Folk
  3. Wild World

Also, I found it annoying how unrealistic Wild World's was. In the other two, you have to avoid them and swing, but in Wild World they can move towards you and swarm around you, and when you unpause it they'll either sting you, or if you do it at the right time, they'll be away from you a little bit and you can swing at them. The whole concept revolves around the fact that there is a pause screen. The others only pause time with it.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
This game sucks ***. Just like all the Animal Crossings before it. Boring as hell.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know, could you try to NOT be a complete idiot and at LEAST explain? Or wait, let me guess, it's just not your type of game and so you feel the need to tell us how much it sucks?

Honestly, people like you need to get a life.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
It's a complete borefest. Nothing to do. But ofcourse, deliver **** to your neighbors, pointlessly collect bells, buy stuff from Tom Nook, rinse and repeat. The dialog is extremely lame and boring and repetitive. No interesting activities(wipee, your furniture shows a certain animation when you click it). Fishing is extremely shallow and boring, like everything else in the game. I swear, I'm almost depressed when I'm playing it. Because it's so boring. I spin around town, collecting seashells, just to sell em to Nook for a couple of bells. Everyones life is so empty and useless.

It felt like WW all over again. Same start, same everything. What's the deference? You have a town now? It's also boring.

I used to be one of those stock businessmen persons in WW. I had like ** million bells or so. It's not a game you can take seriously or play for hours and hours. It's something you'd play like half an hour everyday just to catch up.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, well that's your opinion. Perhaps you don't enjoy it, but the majority of people in this thread do. Wild World and City Folk, I can see what you're saying apply there. In the original, though, I played that thing for hours on end for an entire summer and played it regularly for a year or so more.

If you'd just explain yourself like that in the first place, the problem wouldn't arise...no one's going to want to be anywhere near you if you just flame everything without reason.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Sorry.

I used to enjoy WW like when I first got it when it came out btw.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ok. Sorry.

I used to enjoy WW like when I first got it when it came out btw.
It's okay.

Yeah, as did I. Honestly, Wild World is my least favorite. The original is honestly the best one, if you ask me.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Hey, I wanna go to a town that doesn't have oranges in it. Who will let me steal fruit lol?

Firus, I have successfully caught 1 bee in City Folk. Please explain why it's harder to catch them in Wild World(which I thought was the easiest).

Top Bottom