• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal crossing wild world.

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Nintendo
Genre: Adventure
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: December 15, 2005
Japan: TBA 2005
ESRB:Rp
Features: Online

this game is going to be great. :chuckle:

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
you can make your own shirt,wallpaper,and etc. styles easier with ds stylus, travel to other towns online, and talk to people around the world.there is nothing wrong with this game except for the graphics.

andrewpeirce

Smash Apprentice
ewild world... so you can go to other place than a forest town and a tiny island with coconuts? sweet!

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
In Wild World you can room with up to three other people in one house. You can also set up a buddy list for people's towns that you can visit and for people that are allowed to visit your town!

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Although i don't much care for the 4 person in a house rule, i do think it would be interesting to see Furniture clashes.

Also, if we all get it, I'd be hoping to visit all your towns, so when it comes out, why don't we create a Character/Town list?

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it be cool if you saw Iwata in the front of your house asking to come in.
Then you would pull a chair out for him and you would talk about nintendo.
After that he leaves and your so excited that you tell everybody around the world.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
This game has such an enormous potential, I mean traveling to other people's towns and writing letters back and forth. Animal Crossing Wild World will truly start a revolution.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I let a friend borrow my memory card in the old AC so he could visit my town. He took all my bells out of the bank and bought a bunch of stupid stuff ><

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
Too bad..but i'm looking forward to being a hobbo in the ds version.also i look forward to the so called "olympic games",playing pranks on people around the world, and organizing a world wide franchise out of a small designing business.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
There are no NES games in Wild World. Some dude at IGN did have an interview with the guy (forgot his name) who is in charge of the project, he suggested that they put in Gameboy games. The "project manager" said that at the time they did not have any plans to include anything like that but they may consider it. This was several months ago.

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
Invisible Fox, you can make a shop in your basement and sell your friends stuff when they come.

To be on the safe side lets make a buddy list so that we can find each other on ACWW and let everybody in through the gates of our town.(Under 8 characters)

Name:sasuska
Town:Hirule

Warning: if any of you try to steal my stuff, cut down my trees, or crash in my house without permission, I will bring out my shovel.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
Wow did you make that up for the game already! I'll probably be IVFX (Invincible Fox). My town will be Foxville. Occupation: don't know! But I'll get back to you! Do you mean buddies here on Smashboards or when we get ACWW? I'm fine either way!

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I sure hope there are NES games in it like the last one. That was great. I'm going to get this game the first day it comes out. I liked the last one so much but I could only do so much with it.

Hopefully this game will have a lot more to do. Also I hope they make sure you can't cheat with the day and the time like you could with the last game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Here's the quote from IGN, this is June 20:

IGN: In our interview, we asked about the possibility of the NES games moving to the DS design. He responded: "At this time, there are no plans to do this in the Nintendo DS game." After a bit of a stunned reaction on our part, we pressed him for more details on the matter. "The NES games in the GameCube version sort of took players away from the adventure," Eguchi told us. "For the Nintendo DS version we wanted to put more focus on living in the Animal Crossing world."

They felt that the NES games may not have been put in there becuase of Nintendo's successful give us 20 dollars for a 20 year old game thing. Nintendo has designed the revoultion to feature downloadable games so why should they give away something for free that they can charge for? It's to bad really those games were cool.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Invincible, stop posting little crap everywhere. I doubt you've done one deep and substantial post.

Perhaps they can make up some minigames then? Like "Warioware lite" type games?

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
NEW STUFF ON ANIMAL CROSSING WILD WORLD....1. You arrive in a car and travel in a car!
2. You can wear hats!
3. You can wear glasses and headgear!
4. The game has a new rolling log effect!
5. You can see the sky!
6. The game goes online!
7. There is a new building, Town Hall!
8. Have flowers in your hair, behind your ear or in your teeth!
9. Dye and style your hair!
10. Nook has a new PC that tallies points!
11. Nook now has a barber shop!
12. The museum has a coffee shop on the first floor!
13. New unknown museum exhibits!
14. The Post Office resides in the Town Hall!
15. The Mayor may reside in Town Hall.
16. Up to 4 people can live in one house.
17. Roommates can help you pay off dept.
18. Choose where your house goes.
19. The Town Wi-Fi Gate acts as a door to other towns and a police station!
20. Able Sister's do hats, shirts, glasses, easel art, wallpaper and rugs.
21. Brand New Animals!
22. A New Possible tool, a watering can.
23. A telephone now inside homes.
24. Connect stars and make constellations.
25. There is now more dirt than grass.
26. Watch clouds move by, a nice nature touch.
27. Expand your home off to the sides!
28. 'Shoot' Pete to make him drop mail!
29. No more acres, so it's smooth sailing.
30. Buy medicine to cure sick animals and bee stings.
31. The river can fork and go diagonal.
32. Up to 3 visitors in each town.
33. Brand new furniture and clothing items!
34. The game keeps popular furniture sets and items from ACGC.
35. Each storage item holds 90 items, six sections of 15 each.
36. Create a friends list to stop strangers from coming into your town.
37. The game can be controlled entirely by touchscreen.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
mic 128 I'll admit I have been getting carried away. And for that I'm sorry.
There is so much stuff in Acww, I espespecially like the fact that roommates can help pay off debt.

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
there will also be 8 people to a village at once but only 4 in a household.Make sure you have enough space in your house because will bring items with them.

Once we all get on ACWW, lets go to town hall's coffee shop and listen to K.K's music,chat,and plan something cool to do like start a franchisee.But if you can't make it to the coffee shop then you can chat on the main menu.

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
The one thing I didn;t like about the first Animal Crossing is that if you don't play enough people will get pissed at you, but since this one is going to be on the DS I will beable to play it anytime. Man, I can't wait for this game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I know my townspeople would always tell me "I thought you got hurt I was about to call the Sheriff." I think secretly they were disapointed I was alive.

I really need to get a DS so many games are coming. Does anybody know why the US is gettting the game first?

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
One possibility they could have included, as IGN suggested, were the real old game boy games - ones like the Mario Land/Wario Land series, yoshi's cookies, rc pro am, mario picross, etc. as far as I know none of those are being remade.

Another option would have been the original game and watch games, too. I understand Nintendo wants to make money off its old NES games but the gameboy/game&watch games aren't being reproduced. It's a shame.

Here's the whole IGN article about how stupid this is. It's a good read:

Animal Crossing: Lost in Translation

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
To me the games do not take away from the experience, it adds onto it.

NEW FEATURES:
have you heard of the phone acds?I think you will talk through the mic.
watering can.
barbershop.
people can send items,letters,etc. in bottles by sea.

(I will use that to tell some people about their deliverys from my designs shop"Hirulian Design shop" or when i will be visiting their town.)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
With ACWW and Mario Kart DS coming out and the drought of games I'm interested in on the consoles I think it's high time I buy a DS. For me ACWW is worth buying because of the online play and becuase I no longer own the GC version, but when AC Revolution comes out I hope it's more than a shiny port with a few new things.

Big_Bag

Smash Apprentice
With mario kart ds and ACWW, theres so many possibilities to choose from such as sponsering soeones shop by putting it on your decal.hold meetings for your mario kart team, make shirts for your team in ACWW,relax from racing and fish,SOOOOOOOOOo many!!!

Top Bottom