• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Charleston Monthlies (Brawl-Melee) - North Charleston SC - June 13th GET HYPED!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Either that, or you just have a problem with me.
You are correct in this.

You're the TO, you have say over anything and everything that happens in your tourney. They shouldn't decide for you, its not their tourney.
But wrong in that.

You're supposed to hold tournaments for fun, not to have a weekend long power-trip. In reality, is it really your tournament? Are you the only one competing?

No—you have people that you should be catering to, not pushing around, solely for the reason that you have the power to do so.

When you realize that, you'll realize where you've wronged.

TOs are there to make sure stations are full, set up brackets properly, and to safe-guard the money—not to change rules on a whim, or answer potential attendee's questions with the TO card.

It's like we're all fifteen and our parents won't let us go out to the movies, simply for the reason, "I said so."

That isn't how tournaments are run. If you're really looking at making these successful monthlies, you've got a lot to learn.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm not going to **** anything up, I'll be just as respectful to him as I am to TRC.

He's providing us with another place to play, we should all be thankful for that.

I will be there to play, I will see good friends and I will also watch a MK take first place.

But, I will not be back.

Atleast in NC, their rules are set in stone from day one.

Bill might not run the most organized tournaments in the world, but he sticks with his ****, and that is far more preferable than things like this.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I didn't wrong at all. You are the wrong one, I'll explain in a way you can't counter:

Look at other TOs that hosted other MAJOR Tournaments.

-Apex
-Genesis
-HOBO
-HERB
-ECRC

A BUNCH of people went to those. And I KNOW for a FACT that a bunch of them want MK banned. And I know that the TOs know what.

Now, you're saying "No—you have people that you should be catering to, not pushing around, solely for the reason that you have the power to do so". WRONG! The TOs can just ban MK at a REGIONAL/NATIONAL tournament just because half of the people want him/her too. Doesn't work like that. Not at all. They're never going to ban MK just because a few people want him to.

I'm not Power Tripping, I'm just doing my job as a TO. If you're saying that I'm wrong, then you might as well call those TOs that hosted those NATIONAL/REGIONAL tournies right because I'm just doing what they're doing.

Also, you just proved you're a hypocrite:

"not to change rules on a whim"

You guys want me to change the rule for the banning of MK, which is a whim. Now you're telling me to not change the rules...? Check that.

Devin, why do you still think that I'm talking about MK? I'm talking about us. I don't care about MK as of now. You're totally missing the point that I was proving for the past few pages.

/end of arguement, have a nice day, cya on Saturday

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Oh, dear. Now everyone seethes for a week.
It really is too bad that understanding can't be forced. Sometimes, that'd make things so much easier.

Regardless, I'm really unsure I'll be able to make this one. I've got work two weekends in a row, and I'm skeptical about taking off both. Not to mention, the one this Saturday is my first full shift, like, ever... ;-;
Please realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the above, like, four pages. I mean that when I say it. I was going to say this earlier, but this started going down, and I thought it might get lost in the shuffle. I'll keep you posted, but I think my friends might come without me if I can't come, so it's not too big of a loss ^^

And Area_6, until you have something useful to contribute, you might want to cut back on making like 50 posts a day...

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I didn't wrong at all. You are the wrong one, I'll explain in a way you can't counter:

Look at other TOs that hosted other MAJOR Tournaments.

-Apex
-Genesis
-HOBO
-HERB
-ECRC

A BUNCH of people went to those. And I KNOW for a FACT that a bunch of them want MK banned. And I know that the TOs know what.

Now, you're saying "No—you have people that you should be catering to, not pushing around, solely for the reason that you have the power to do so". WRONG! The TOs can just ban MK at a REGIONAL/NATIONAL tournament just because half of the people want him/her too. Doesn't work like that. Not at all. They're never going to ban MK just because a few people want him to.

I'm not Power Tripping, I'm just doing my job as a TO. If you're saying that I'm wrong, then you might as well call those TOs that hosted those NATIONAL/REGIONAL tournies right because I'm just doing what they're doing.

Also, you just proved you're a hypocrite:

"not to change rules on a whim"

You guys want me to change the rule for the banning of MK, which is a whim. Now you're telling me to not change the rules...? Check that.

/end of arguement, have a nice day, cya on Saturday
Did they have a poll , and just put it in the trash?

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yes, they were all terrific TOs, Xyro in specific.

But, they also had their **** set in stone from day ONE, they didn't change rulings four times in one day—a WEEK before the tournament.

Stop bringing up MK, nobody gives a **** about MK, RECOGNIZE THIS, GOD ****!

You are in question, not your rules.

BTW, I've been to several of the ECRC tournaments—it isn't a major tournament, but a circuit—and you shouldn't include Anime Charleston in any comparison to them.

That is why you have a chance those TOs didn't—do something different, please your audience, allow some give and take just to see what happens.

Then, maybe they'd be in their threads talking about you, as an innovator—someone who's rules they'd be copying—not the other way around.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Thunder to tell you the truth everyone is posting a bunch of bull**** and im just trying to change the subject. but if you say so......

zCasanova

Smash Lord
And Area_6, until you have something useful to contribute, you might want to cut back on making like 50 posts a day...
Yeah... your posts aren't really the most productive in this thread.

But, hey, we can't always get what we want.

Your Fox is still cool, though.

And I would totally ride with Jaron in his Mercedes to every tournament I had the chance to go to.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I think devin finally realized the reason i posted stupid ****.

thanks your marth is good and i hope we get a good turnout

and hey look plasma blocks me for trying to help :).

You know if you guys just don't post the same opinionated argument over and over this **** wouldn't even be going on. one person says the same thing over the course of 4 pages its dumb.

Now devin **** with marth at the tourney and its all over

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
YO SON ILL PLAY MELEE BUT IM NOT ENTERING

On a side note whose teaming with me everyone is on yay's meat whose on my team

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Again:

I needs a good dbls Partner. Yay/ me are compatible, teamed b4, and took undefeated 1st last time. Logic dictates it to be a good thing. U dont fix what aint broken

Edit: Id take Adam for my partnee if he still came.... :(

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed

Eyay Vs Area6 Best Of 5 Falcon Dittos 25$ Mm!

Sc Get Hyped Watch As I **** Yays Falcon

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
O yes this is what i like baby! you can have pink falcon ill just pick the miss match green one!

DIBS ON BIGGEST TV FOR THIS MATCH.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
K, you can have the 12" black and white that Yay's bringing.

I've heard its size is deceiving, you have to play on it to believe it.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
So, Snap isn't just your name?
Which best suits you?

"OH! SNAP! He's coming! Run!"

"Don't **** with him, or he'll SNAP your neck!"

or

"He loves Snap, crackle and pop."

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
MK is by far and away ROBs worst matchup, but I'll still accept any MK money matches :p

You guys should all come visit GA on the 20th for the waba monthly. It should be good.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have a good Luigi or Peach?
You're a pipsqueek because you're 15.
You're also a squirk. A tyke. A Kid.

A snot nosed little babyfaced brat.

Lots of things. They're not insults. Just a proclamation of what you are.

On the otherhand, this powertrip with the TO spot you have is most amusing. Get your kicks in.

Rayku

Smash Lord
You're a pipsqueek because you're 15.
You're also a squirk. A tyke. A Kid.

A snot nosed little babyfaced brat.

Lots of things. They're not insults. Just a proclamation of what you are.

On the otherhand, this powertrip with the TO spot you have is most amusing. Get your kicks in.
And you're an *******, a jerk, a coward.

Those aren't insults, just stating facts.

Top Bottom