• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime freaks and why I don't get them

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
First Amendment issues... much?
Freedom of speech, the right to assemble, freedom of the press, freedom from religion, and the right to petition hardly have anything to do with music.

By no means is it right for a nurse to listen to Japanese music, and I will personally find this nurse and sue her for 4.2 million yen.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Freedom of speech, the right to assemble, freedom of the press, freedom from religion, and the right to petition hardly have anything to do with music.

By no means is it right for a nurse to listen to Japanese music, and I will personally find this nurse and sue her for 4.2 million yen.
Why do you want to start a pointless argument? Pointless because I was using the First Amendment as though it were an adjective to describe something, in this case the right to listen to music? Really? Is it that hard not to start an argument?

Cinder

Smash Master

I'm lol'ing so hard right now XD

I wouldn't be surprised if she tried a stunt like that...

And BZ, it's fine...he's being sarcastic XD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

Lol, I'm glad someone got the joke. :laugh:

I've seriously seen people react in that same way, I was just imitating them. Oh, and Cinder. I hurd bawrl sucksz.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
One of the blunders of the internet, not everyone can tell someone is being sarcastic like they can in real life.

finalark

SNORLAX

That's girl's a creepy Japaniphile (I probably wasn't even close to spelling that write, even though it's not a real word).

And Straked, I'm Lol'ing along with Cinder.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That does it, Mr. Beren Zaiga, I am now filing a law suit against you for 11,000 Perkish Roubles.
I'll decide on why after I'm done with the nurse.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
That does it, Mr. Beren Zaiga, I am now filing a law suit against you for 11,000 Perkish Roubles.
I'll decide on why after I'm done with the nurse.

You and your lawsuits Mr.Straked. I'll just hire Phoenix Wright and watch him nonsense your prosecutor to death! (:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You and your lawsuits Mr.Straked. I'll just hire Phoenix Wright and watch him nonsense your prosecutor to death! (:
He'll be too busy defending Microsoft from all of their lawsuits to help someone like you.
Instead, you'll get a drunk Edgeworth.

Also, law suit. It's a pun. lollawlaolol.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
He'll be too busy defending Microsoft from all of their lawsuits to help someone like you.
Instead, you'll get a drunk Edgeworth.

Also, law suit. It's a pun. lollawlaolol.
*Phoenix Wright comes in.* "Actually, I'm free for about the next two weeks, so I can take his case."

See?

Edgeworth:"OBJECTION!!"

Phoenix:"OBJECTION!!"

*THey start having an "OBJECTION!!" War.*

Well ****.. :\

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:evil:
Alcohol.
Drugs.
Sex.
Children.
VideoGames.
Joy-Rides.
Salt.
Anime.

Know what all of these have in common?

They can be good, and make things more interesting.

BUT!

They are good ONLY in Moderation.

Too much of anything is bad for you, and Anime is no exception. I actually do enjoy watching cartoons and crap like that (I have a child-like mind, and I enjoy letting it feel comfortable), so I can kinda understand how people get into different Animes. I don't mind visiting the conventions. I don't mind talking about it with friends. I've looked at a couple of trading cards here and there. I can get into any thing that I like, and that's how everyone works. They have to find their thing.

HOWEVER!

People with bad minds or low self esteem, or weak willed individuals in general take it WAY TOO FAR! If I could make a Custom-Narutard Headband (It would be Black with Bloodstains on it, with a Jewish Star in the middle of the metal part. Cool, huh?), you bet I'd walk around wearing it. But I'm not going to get a weapon's pouch or an Orange-Jumpsuit or wrap up a dang giant piece of paper and pretend it's a summoning scroll.... that's just too much.... people can like things, but they honestly shouldn't let it rule them. Moderation is key. Most all issues humans have can be traced back to the Seven Deadly Sins. In this case, it would probably be Greed, since they let what would be a simple hobby end up rulling their lives. I don't think half of the people that even realise that they let Anime control them. It's saddening. I'm not saying not to like Anime or anything. I watch Narutard, Gundam Wing and Dragon Ball Z kick Ash, and everyone can agree that before the origonal writer died, the first season of Pokemon was actually enjoyable, before it got all crappy and everyone's voices changed. I'm just saying not to let your attraction for something simple become Greed. (I also watch Full Metal Alchemist. Slim-Shorty-Eddy! :p)

And I think that the girls who make up relationships between people who wouldn't ever be doing anything are just perverts who distract people with other stories so that they don't realise the person is a pervert. :p Also, the reason that most people are knocking Narutard right now is just because it's one of the more previlant things in current popular culture. Pokemon, You-Gay-Hoe, Gundams, and DBZ have all had their phases, and now it's the Ninja in the Orange-Jumpsuit (who'd be murdered by actual Ninjas if he tried to sneak around in an Orange Suit) 's time for everyone to yell at.

On a very random note... WTF IS FLCL!?!

The Demon has Spoken!

:evil:

finalark

SNORLAX
You-Gay-Hoe

On a very random note... WTF IS FLCL!?!
(Points too my own avatar.) There's a lot of things I could say right now. But I'll leave it at "Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters (GX and 5D's too) was a really good series before 4kids f'ed it up." Okay, I lied. I'll also say this: "Toei series/Season 0/Series 0."

And FLCL Stands for Fooly Cooly (that's not how it's spelled, but still). It's a fairly old comedy anime from the 90s.

And I totally agree with you on what you had to say about moderation. Almost anything is fine in moderation, but becomes hazardous if obsessed over.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And I totally agree with you on what you had to say about moderation. Almost anything is fine in moderation, but becomes hazardous if obsessed over.
This. This. This.

And I enjoy Naruto as far as the manga goes; I don't give a rat's *** about the anime anymore, considering just about every other episode is needless filler that doesn't even serve a purpose other than just slapping the characters into the middle of a generic plot that has no bearing on anything key to the main story. That doesn't really make any sense, considering that the manga is so far ahead that there's really no concern for the anime to suddenly "catch up." I haven't kept tabs on what's been going on recently, though. I keep forgetting that they update the scanslated chapters every so often.

Another popular, over-the-top anime/manga I enjoyed was Bleach. Yes, I use this in the past tense. Kubo Tite's storytelling lost a lot of steam when it hit the Hueco Mundo arc. Just another Rukia hook, this time with Inoue. The Arrancar were also bland antagonists; considering Bleach's lore/setting when it came to the Hollows, I would have thought that there would be more work put into them and that they would have staying power of some sort. Nope; they're just cannon fodder. Aside from a couple of cool moments (Kurotsuchi's personal encounter with the Espada Peacock-dude-that-I-can-never-remember was an awesome scene) and an interesting flashback ("Turn Back the Pendulum"), it just wound down and became boring, high-octane fighting (which is cool, cause cinematic action is cool. But story needs to be there too). I too lost interest in its anime incarnation simply because of the filler syndrome (which I have to admit, there is merit to it. Naruto released at least two hundred episodes of pure filler before it finally caught up to the manga storyline; Bleach has always had a difficult time with its pacing, going through intermittent filler episodes every so often. I guess they don't want a repeat of Kenshin, where the anime caught up to the manga too fast and it forced an early ending to the show).

*has stacks upon stacks of novels and other miscellaneous reads in his lap. Only a couple of those are manga. Hm. BALANCED.*

Smooth Criminal

Scott!

Smash Lord
As most people here are saying, moderation is the key. I've seen a small number of animes, which I enjoyed, and read a few good mangas too. It's just a style though. If you base your decision of whether to watch something or not on whether it's an anime or not, rather than basing it on its content, then it's too much. Some stories are best told with anime; some are best told in novels, others in live movies, music, etc. I think it's close-minded to restrict oneself to just one kind of stories.

Also, anime and manga need to just get through fights. I read Bleach, and I watched a load of it till I lost the time to continue trying to catch up, somewhere around episode 60 or so. Seriously, people need to learn how to die. But at the same time, the over-the-top style is part of it. It was just hard to go from having a seemingly unending stream of chapters to read of it, like 300-350-ish, to having fights last a month. Seriously, stop that. Just make chapters longer.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Same here. Another thing I found somewhat odd was that even though the series takes place in Japan (they never directly say that but it's fairly obvious that it does) everyone has oddly American names.

and @pokesmashfighter (because I never figured out how to use the multi-quote feature)

When it comes down to Naruto, the thing that I don't like about it is that it has a mostly terrible fanbase. And plus, if I wanted to watch an anime about people hurting each other and somehow surviving things that would make normal people very, very dead I would watch Dragonball Z.
Lawly-beans. Loved the part about very very dead. :d
good blog though

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
This. This. This.

And I enjoy Naruto as far as the manga goes; I don't give a rat's *** about the anime anymore, considering just about every other episode is needless filler that doesn't even serve a purpose other than just slapping the characters into the middle of a generic plot that has no bearing on anything key to the main story. That doesn't really make any sense, considering that the manga is so far ahead that there's really no concern for the anime to suddenly "catch up." I haven't kept tabs on what's been going on recently, though. I keep forgetting that they update the scanslated chapters every so often.

Another popular, over-the-top anime/manga I enjoyed was Bleach. Yes, I use this in the past tense. Kubo Tite's storytelling lost a lot of steam when it hit the Hueco Mundo arc. Just another Rukia hook, this time with Inoue. The Arrancar were also bland antagonists; considering Bleach's lore/setting when it came to the Hollows, I would have thought that there would be more work put into them and that they would have staying power of some sort. Nope; they're just cannon fodder. Aside from a couple of cool moments (Kurotsuchi's personal encounter with the Espada Peacock-dude-that-I-can-never-remember was an awesome scene) and an interesting flashback ("Turn Back the Pendulum"), it just wound down and became boring, high-octane fighting (which is cool, cause cinematic action is cool. But story needs to be there too). I too lost interest in its anime incarnation simply because of the filler syndrome (which I have to admit, there is merit to it. Naruto released at least two hundred episodes of pure filler before it finally caught up to the manga storyline; Bleach has always had a difficult time with its pacing, going through intermittent filler episodes every so often. I guess they don't want a repeat of Kenshin, where the anime caught up to the manga too fast and it forced an early ending to the show).

*has stacks upon stacks of novels and other miscellaneous reads in his lap. Only a couple of those are manga. Hm. BALANCED.*

Smooth Criminal
I took some Manga cells and made meme versions of the panels for the pure heck of it. i.e Took the scene between Rukia and Ichigo yelling at each other in the Seireitei arc and turned it into a 'the cake is a lie' meme. I have also done a 'Idiot Salesman' panel, 'Darkwing Arrancar', and my personal favorite, 'The Giant Chef Knife of Doom'. Just to name a few.

Its fun to take panels and make jokes with them.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Haha having gone through Art College I have built up more hatred of anime fans then any of you who haven't could ever imagine. The corridors are quite literally paved with talentless feckless cumshedding ******* without an ounce of ablity or desire to learn in them who think they can cruise by drawing crappy manga characters for several years then get employed by a big Japanese Anime company and then become rich and have sex with lots of blonde haired blue eyed Japanese girls with massive breasts. Only to realise that they are doomed to never succeed at anything because Japanese people don't want stupid crackers drawing their ****.

I do love the ones with desires to live like Japanese people and move to Japan, they're inevitably doomed to suicide when they hit the spiral of depression that ensues if they ever actually reach Japan and discover Anime is about as indicative of it's IRL culture as Banjo Kazooie is to our own. As well as the ones who insist they are "Learning Japanese" even though they only do and will ever know about 3 words. I love talking to them in Chinese and watching them assume it's Japanese and start trying to reply in their broken nonsensical sentences trying to save face. : D

But I digress I'm unfairly indisposed towards Anime fans partly because I spend every waking moment dealing with the Worst of them. And Anime fans have the lowest of the low within their community I'm afraid and it reflects badly upon the decent people in that same community. Kudos for being an Anime fan that's not obsessive and stupid sir. I have some friends who are really into Anime without being idiots about it and I don't hate Anime in itself although i am yet to see one I have actually ever enjoyed the genre is just too broad for anyone to denounce it as a whole. And from my experience the gender ratio is close to even. And real Japanese people hate these clueless Westerners even more then we do.

About that "boobs bigger than my head" thing, I can handle it if the creators will SHUT UP about it. But when the only role they play is having guys chase her (Nurse Joy from Pokemon for example), I really get annoyed by it.
Pfft please. Nurse Joy sucks Officer jenny was the ****.

Sukai

Smash Champion
*Anime Fan*
Ouch.
Are we really stereotyped like this?

I'm an Anime fan, I enjoy watching Anime and I draw **** good Manga on the side.
I do my research on Japanese culture and I was learning the language, but I stopped until I can actually get the money to pay for it, instead of lurking online with free lessons.
I know the sentence structure, all 3 alphabets, and the worded difference between Chinese and Japanese, which is easier than most would think, as Chinese is tone sensitive and Japanese, well, isn't.
I make use of furigana when reading and writing kanji, and I know how to make use of the "pro drop" elements of the language, but all and all, I really just need to know my words, but, when I'm able to pay for it...
I don't cosplay, I think I need to get that out now.
I do enjoy foreign music, including but not exclusive to Japanese.
I enjoy the quality and story lines of animes the most, not "how busty the chicks are", I find that more funny than anything. Anyone ever watched Duel Masters?
...whatever.
Ouch though, didn't know there was so much hatred for us, well, I kinda had a clue, but still...

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
*Anime Fan*
Ouch.
Are we really stereotyped like this?
It's not really how you're stereotyped. It's just how some of the more extreme of you are. I wouldn't go to assume someone was like this at first glance but I'm **** sure gonna hate those who are.

Eh kids can draw Manga I'm fine with it. But so long as they're not naive enough to think they can ever make a career out of their little hobbyist sketches.

You can learn Japanese, I encourage anyone to learn any random second language they feel like it's always a good thing. But if you go around knowing about 7 words and a few canned phrases then going round telling everyone "You speak Japanese" and even going as far as calling people stupid for not being able to learn a second language. Well I'm going to kill you with a hammer...

These aren't stereotypes these are things I saw on a day to day basis.

I do enjoy foreign music, including but not exclusive to Japanese
I'm nice and open minded(ish) and all but this is where I draw the line. I have heard tons and tons of Japanese music and it is ALL bad. I'd like to be proved wrong but...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, admittedly, I have a few Japanese songs that served as opening themes to Bleach on my Zune. I also have like, one song from Malice Mizer on my Zune ("Beast of Blood"). All of these tunes were catchy and infectious to me, kinda like the pop song that you grew up with, got used to, and started liking after a while (in my case, the song was Ace of Base's "Don't Turn Around." Please do not ask, as I have very weird taste). So as far as saying that ALL Japanese music sucks, that's wading into the murky depths of preference and is a bit of an exaggeration.

Personally, though, I'm not too terribly keen on Eastern music and I tend to root myself in the Western stuff. Some German, some Italian (I plan on picking up a CD by Andrea Bocelli very soon; I don't usually go for opera, but he has an amazing voice), some English...the list goes on.

Edit: Oh, and Xia: I HAVE to use cumshedding as a descriptor to an insult. How much do you want for royalties?

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Sweet. I can afford that, even on my limited inco---

Wait. 70 pence a Frisbee? I only got Lemon Lime colored disks and they're made of like, translucent plastic.

Smooth Criminal

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Everyone pretty much said everything I wanted to, so no need for me to be redundant. Blah blah blah, watch it and draw it, but that all. blah blah blah cos playing sucks and has no equivalents. You can be a game fanatic, but that most fanatics don't dress up a cloud when plaing FFVII or whatnot.

There's a difference b/t an anime fan and a weeaboo. My friend is a weeaboo. Since this is a SSBB forum, whenever he plays fox - he names certain attacks based off some japanese word ( i.e Fox's fair = [phonetically] key-say-ray ren-dahn). It's so annoying. Anime fan can like anime, buy some posters, buy some figures (even though I still think it's too much) and the sort - but denying your heritage, cos playing , and "learning" japanese is over the line of sanity.

Also, regarding the lack of rice cakes in her lunch, you should buy her some AMERICAN BRAND QUAKER OATS. Those are technically rice cakes, haha. And they're pretty good too. Don't tell me this doesn't look good
http://www.quakeroats.com/Libraries/Products/RiceCakes-AppleCinnamon-Detail.sflb.ashx
I'm asian (viet) and I have to say, plain rice cakes aren't that amazing...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I have a couple of wall scrolls featuring characters from Rurouni Kenshin and Ranma 1/2 (and I don't care who you are, Ranma is freaking hilarious as long as you come in to it not expecting an amazing plotline). I think I still have that freakin' Naruto headband that I bought. Both of these articles were purchased when I was a little younger and a little more into the genre. Now that I think about it, I didn't even obsess over it then.

And Quaker Oat rice-cakes? My friend, you are a genius. Let's take it a step further and re-evaluate the whole god**** Bento Box. Who's with me?

I wanna start off by changing the actual box itself. **** getting a neat little square container; give 'em a cardboard box to put their **** in!

Smooth Criminal

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I agree with finlark here.

I enjoy some of the more mainstream western anime, such as Pokemon (until Tracey came into it), the first 3 seasons of Digimon and Dragonball Z, and I have also watched some Gundam Wing, Ghost in the Shell, and parts of the Viewtiful Joe, Gungrave and DMC anime, which I didn't really like save for DMC anime.

I like anime, but I'm not a fanboy, or even a fan to be honest. I'd also sooner watch a dub than have to read subtitles for an "authentic" experience.

NisP

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1294]Anime freaks and why I don't get them[/drupal]

When it comes down to anime, it's just another form of entertainment for me. To me, watching an anime is just like watching any other series with a similar base. But what I don't get are those Naruto-headband wearing, sub-only watchers who curse their American heritage every day of their life. Yeah, there's anime I like but nothing could ever compel me to go out an buy a Millennium Puzzle replica or anything like that. And I never saw what those people have against dubbed anime. Yeah, there are some terrible dubs out there but you can't just say "it's not the original Japanese audio so it must be bad!" Like Black Cat and Full Metal Alchemist I've seen both subbed and dubbed, and I have to say that actually liked the dubs more than the originals.

And here's another thing I don't get: Cos(t?)-players. I've heard that's it's apparently "fun." I guess to someone who piratically worships these characters dressing up and pretending to be them would be fun. But spending hours making a costume, then wearing it for only a day at a convention so that way you can pose for a whole bunch of pictures only to come home all sweaty from wearing something like that doesn't seem like a good time to me. I don't know how anime fanatics could find this "fun" in at all. I guess some people have odd tastes?

You know, call me sexist, but it's never guys who you see that are like this. Before I get bombed for apparently being sexist I want a show of hands. How many of you see more girls wearing Nauto head-bands than guys? Okay, put your hands down. Personally, I've never seen a boy wearing one of those. And as a male fan of anime (but not a fanboy) the only thing relating to anime that I own are the first three seasons of Dragonball Z (which I got for dirt cheep from a used book store), a few Zatch Bell cards from when a friend of mine was into that series, and a whole crap load of Yu-Gi-Oh Cards. But assuming that you were either in Elementary or possibly Middle-School when the crappy 4kids dub came out, then you too probably have Yu-Gi-Oh cards. And speaking of cards, an anime freak friend of mine blew around fifty bucks on Naruto cards (even though she doesn't know how to play the game) just because they were Naruto. That's fifty bucks that she could have spent on something better, like Twilight Princess or the Orange Box. And what's with those creepy fanfics that fangirls write anyway? And why do those freaky fangirls always do their best to misinterpret every possible scene so that way they can pretend that two characters are gay with each other (even if they're both clearly straight)?

If there's a point that I'm trying to make here, it's that I'm the kind of anime fan who hangs out on the outskirts of anime town along with other dub watchers. And the reason why I hang out on the outskirts is because while I enjoy my time there, it doesn't consume my every thought and I acknowledge that anime is just another form of entertainment so I can leave at any moment. Plus if I hang out on the outskirts I can still enjoy anime without getting to close to the center of town where all of the sub-obsessed fangirls who smell like weird meat and write bizarre fan fictions hangout. Now back to the point that I'm desperately trying to get out. I could care less if you're an anime freak, I just don't get them. Yeah, yeah, you can be what ever you'd like, ect. ect. ect. politically correct bull that I don't believe in, ect. But seriously, its not like I barge into the anime freaks hang out and demand that they give me a chair and a headband. I just don't get them, and I don't think that anyone, regardless of how well they explain how what they do is "fun" could ever get me to.

Everything you said summed up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h91ZZbx1RHc

Anime is good. This....not so much.

:034:

Smash Hero
first part
Well, some people like a series or a certain object from it that much, that they would want to have it just for the sake of having them. For instance... Pokémon cards. There's no real value to it, and unless you really play the card game (I have never heard of this), they're just collectibles. Yet, they were all the rage and everybody loved them (and honestly, I still have them just because). There doesn't necissarily have to be a reason to it.

Oh, as for the japanese - I often find that some of the lines come over much better in japanese. There's usually a lot more spirit to it. Not to mention that the english lines always sound forced because the english script usually has to adapt to the lip-synch from the japanese version. The japanese practically always record voices first, then animate it.

second part
Brought up a lot of times on this forum, only with Smash... It's easy, the idea of 'fun' is different from everybody else. I'd rather stay inside during the evening practicing my drawing and I don't get why people go out and get themselves drunk. Meanwhile, out there people are wondering why anybody would want to stay in and just... draw.

Third part...
Well, fangirls can be weird, I'll give you that. I've known a lot of fangirls for several years and I honestly couldn't tell you what goes on in their mind. The only explanation I can give you is that they like bringing something to their part of the community (mostly the part that loves that one pairing), much like how regulars on certain character boards post funny threads.

As for the buying stuff, well, to each their own. A lot of girls in my class spend practically all of their money to booze and clothes. I couldn't imagine that, but then again, they can't imagine why I'd spend my money on video games and manga. Personally, I have a couple of volumes from my favorite series, but I don't have other collectibles.

Also, as for male and female... Females are more open about it. Males tend to hold back a little on it (this is actually quite the universal truth with every subject, at least in my class).

Fourth part.
You're not actually making a point, though... You're just saying "I feel like this and that's that", but now it feels useless to me to even reply. You feel like that, okay? Sure? Don't bother us with it and keep it to yourself? Voice an opinion or bust.

EDIT: Oh, as for my fanboyism, I practically only read manga, because anime is often badly animated, filled with useless filler and overall extremely tedious. Manga goes at your own pace, is much more understandable, has the original author's script (unless you're dealing with Viz) and is much better drawn 9/10 times.

Anime I did enjoy were Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop and a few others. Both well written in their own way, mostly excellently animated (there were some irks, but only 2-3 in the whole series, rather than a whole bunch every episode), good action and excellent soundtracks. As for Naruto (since it's been brought up), it's just poorly written, mostly ripped off, not very impressive art and the anime is usually horribly animated. The manga is finally picking up the pace a little, but I'm not sure if the author even knows what the hell he's doing.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Outlaw Star, Trigun, Cowboy Bebob, Full Metal Alchemist, and
alot of anime is really good. It`s just entertainment, nothing that I
would dress up as, though I don`t have anything against people that do.

(I dress up as Link for Halloween, but thats different!)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yea Gundam Wing I believe was the first Gundam in NA but it was 0079 that was the first one...seriously I'm a Gundam freak..

Also Firus, some times watching the Sub is better than the dub.. Like the massive inside joke that was Ribbons Almark and 0 Gundam, or in G Gundam the massive name changes like God Gundam(JP) to Burning Gundam and Devil Gundam(JP) to Dark Gundam. And don't get me started on the Macross to Robotech affair. It went to a dub to a messed up kids cartoon.
Plus the Japanese seem to do better with hotblooded screams.

Also not to be rude but the way some of them say the names are hilarious.

SETSUNA EFF SAY EHH(Setsuna F. Seiei)

Also the only figures I can actually can justify is GUNPLA. You have to build it and the end result leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling.First time it took me to build one was 30 minutes and ended up in a crap job. My 2nd was 10 hours(overkill) but it was good for a proper first time.

Yea..I can't wait for the 2 new ones that I'm *ahem* drooling over, because they look so **** nice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not just anime fans that dress up and get obsessed...

Look at rennessance fairs...

Comic Conventions...

etc.

You are trying to say that only anime fans are crazy, but you are forgetting that all over the world...fans of anything are just crazy.

What's so different of some 15 year old girl buying Jonas Brothers junk and dressing in it to school than an anime fan dressing up as their favorite character?

Top Bottom